Brewers : Back in First Place Topic

Well, he does have firsthand knowledge of 'roids AND how to beat the system.   I assume he'll be testifying on Clemens' behalf.
4/20/2012 6:18 PM
Soup pitched great
5/2/2012 11:54 PM
That is the name of one of my fantasy teams this year.
5/3/2012 5:21 PM
In recent days the Brewers have lost 1B Mat Gamel (presumably for the season with torn ACL), OF Carlos Gomez (strained hammy, should be back in a few weeks), and SS Alex Gonzalez (probably long-term) to the DL.

Gonzalez' loss will hurt the most; Gamel wasn't particularly productive anyway, so there won't be much dropoff to whoever replaces him (likely Travis Ishikawa for now) and Gomez will be likely be back in 15 days. However, the Crew has no competent SS in the minor league system and are stuck with Cesar Izturis for the time being.
5/6/2012 11:37 PM
Gonzalez has torn ACL as well, likely out for the remainder of the season.
5/7/2012 6:06 PM
all dem acls!!
5/10/2012 12:33 PM
Brewers finish off a West Coast trip with a four-game SWEEEEEEEEPPPP of the Dodgers, and cleverly force Matt Kemp to run the bases and re-injure himself.

Crew is undefeated since starting C Jonathan Lucroy suffered a "boxer's fracture" after "a suitcase fell on his hand". One of the worst stories I've ever heard.
6/1/2012 11:24 AM
Shaun Marcum missed his start last night with elbow tightness.. the team seems confident there is no structural damage and that Marcum could return by June 30 or July 1... he may go on the DL to get a fresh arm on the staff.

Top pitching prospect Tyler Thornburg was called up from AA to make the start last night and surrendered four homers to the Blue Jays. Not likely to get another shot this month as Marco Estrada is expected back next week.
6/20/2012 2:24 PM
Brooks Conrad, 3-40 on the season and DFA'd to make room for Thornburg on the 40-man, has been claimed by the Rays. Wow, they must be in bad shape.
6/21/2012 2:58 PM
That ejection was as much BS as I've seen in a long time. These umps are getting way out of hand - some of them abuse their power way too much to the point where they influence an entire game. Was Greinke's mini-tantrum smart? Not at all, but there is no way that should have been an ejectable offense, especially without some discussion first between Holbrook and Greinke to see what the problem was. Not really shocked that it's a member of Joe West's crew.
7/8/2012 1:13 AM
No title change necessary.
7/16/2012 11:41 PM
K-Rod replaces Ax Man as closer and is thrown into action immediately, closing out victories against the Cardinals on Tuesday night and Wednesday afternoon at Miller Park. Neither one was pretty but they all count as saves, I guess.

Brewers won 2 of 3 from both Pittsburgh and St. Louis on this homestand, now head to Cincy for another crucial division test.
7/18/2012 5:10 PM
Those might be two of the ugliest saves any reliever has gotten in back to back games.
Last year when we got him I seem to recall reading that the New York press referred to K Rod's saves as 20 minutes of hell as even when successfully he always put at least 2 of the first 3 batters he faced on base.
I now fully understand what they meant.
7/18/2012 10:22 PM
Brewers are swept in Cincinnati...that may be enough to convince Attanasio we're in "sell" mode this year.

But I wouldn't bet on it.
7/22/2012 11:53 PM
◂ Prev 1...106|107|108|109|110...117 Next ▸
Brewers : Back in First Place Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.