Brewers : Back in First Place Topic

I don't know that the Brewers, who lead the league in quality starts "need" a starting pitcher.

But if they can deal Hart for one, I vote yes.
5/31/2009 10:26 PM
I was at the game today, Gallardo not looking sharp but mostly stayed out of trouble. A little scary in the third(?) when he came back to the dugout while warming up, but was back a minute or two later. It didn't look like anyone was up in the bullpen so I wasn't too worried but I'm not sure what was happening there.

After three, the grounds crew does a sweep of the infield and a lucky fan "steals" second base. Well, nobody replaced the base at first; when Kendall threw down to Counsell at the end of warmups Counsell got ready to apply the tag, then gestured comically at the empty spot and waved his hands. "There's no base!" Then they finally sent a replacement out.

On Sundays, the sausage race is a relay where the "big" sausages tag off to a little munchkin sausage at the Brewers dugout. The chorizo had a big lead as they tagged off to the little ones, but Little Chorizo was a bit confused and headed back towards the starting line. By the time they got him turned around, he was in dead last. Poor kid, scarred for life. Then to top things off he tumbled over on his way off the field.

Trevor walked his first batter of the season on his own bobblehead day, but struck out the other three batters he faced to rack up another save.
5/31/2009 10:31 PM
Apparently Gallardo had a bandage on his arm and the Reds complained about it so he had to put on a longer sleeve between innings to cover it up.
6/1/2009 11:26 AM
HIGHLIGHT OF A MIDWESTERNS SCHLUB'S DAY: A SAUSAGE RACE
6/1/2009 11:36 AM
Mock if you must.
6/1/2009 11:59 AM
you're 30?
6/1/2009 12:00 PM
This post could not be converted. To view the original post's thread, click here.
6/1/2009 3:52 PM
I think it's surprising ANY TEAM would be interested in Hart, but maybe they haven't scouted him since last July.
6/1/2009 4:19 PM
Jorge Julio strikes again.
6/1/2009 10:24 PM
That was an 07 Grant Balfour kind of meltdown. What happened to him after that Astros game in 07?
6/1/2009 11:32 PM
He was traded to Tampa for Seth McClung.
6/2/2009 6:45 AM
David Riske will have surgery, out for the season.

Recent overwork of the bullpen has the Brewers contemplating bringing up a pitcher from Nashville, possibly a starter for use in long relief. Mark DeFelice has an elbow problem and is unavailable for at least a few days.
6/2/2009 10:07 AM
Jorge Julio was released this morning and journeyman reliever Mike Burns has been called up. The 30-year old RHP is 6-2 at Nashville with a 2.98 ERA in 10 starts.

I don't have high hopes.
6/2/2009 11:48 AM
I DO!
6/2/2009 11:52 AM
Case. In. Point.
6/2/2009 11:59 AM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7|8|9...117 Next ▸
Brewers : Back in First Place Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.