Pens Thread: Go Pens Go! Topic

I'm terrified about the early start today.  Pens are notoriously bad in afternoon games in recent years (or at least it feels like they are).

Hopefully they're fired up to close the series.
4/23/2011 10:04 AM
looks like you were right to be scared kid.  though there is some bright news.  malkin was on the ice today.  he's miles ahead of schedule, and there is a slight chance that he might be able to actually come back if the pens go deep.  imagine if the pens make the finals and then have both crosby and malkin in the lineup?  :>
4/23/2011 1:50 PM
Not true Mike. There is no way Malkin comes back this season. The damage wasn't as severe as they first thought, but he needs all summer to recuperate. And personally, I think they've shut Sid down for the year, they're just not announcing it.
4/23/2011 8:55 PM
well, i'm just reporting what they said.  they said there is a small, small chance that malkin can come back if they go deep.  maybe he shouldn't, but they seem to think there is a possibility.

as for crosby, it's anybody's guess.  he probably should stay out for the season though.  concussions are a serious business.  a lot of players have had to end their careers early because of it.  best to give it as much time as possible to heal, even if he does pass the tests to play.  because we know if he does play, somebody is gonna hit him again, and if he's not fully recovered, it could put him even further back, or possibly out for good.  :{
4/24/2011 1:19 PM
News alert:  OUR PP SUCKS!!!!!!!  I could get Stevie Wonder and 4 midget hockey players and have a pp % higher than 4%. 4 effin percent!!!!!!  Pull out those sticks and set your tee times for early Thursday morning gang! I can't remember the last time we lost so many races to loose pucks than these last 2 games. Still proud of the boys the way they played after losing Sid and Geno, but there is no explanation for this crap, especially in the playoffs!
Now that I've vented a little, I feel better!
4/25/2011 10:11 PM
well, considering that the pens had $18M sitting in the press box for the second half of the season and the playoffs, they had a pretty good year.  would have liked to go deeper, but it's probably for the best that they didn't.  crosby and malkin won't be trying to come back early and end up ruining their careers over it.  also, tampa has a pretty decent team.  no shame in losing in seven to them.  :>

next year, with crosby and malkin back in the lineup..... lookout, the cup will be coming back to pitt.  :>
4/30/2011 1:06 AM
May 25, 1991

Can it really be 20 years?  Feels like yesterday...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=tenIb77iidg
5/25/2011 10:16 AM
Pens have tendered Jagr an offer. Can't say I like this move, as I'd rather see a younger, hungrier player on the roster. Although I guess Jagr would be better than Comrie!
Talbot turned down our 3 year offer, so I guess it's goodbye Max. Hate to see him go since he is great in the locker room and does a ton of work with the community.
6/29/2011 11:03 AM
Rumor has Talbot negotiating with the Leafs, and Jagr turning down our 1 year offer of $2 million per year. Svoboda says the Wings will double that amount. I kinda doubt it, but I can't see paying Jagr as much as that, let alone more.
6/29/2011 10:23 PM
Posted by pttsbrghkid on 5/25/2011 10:16:00 AM (view original):
May 25, 1991

That was cool.............Forgot Trottier was on the Pen's.
What a GREAT group of players.  Perfect mix of Vets and Young players.
6/30/2011 12:49 AM
Posted by chuckinrlp on 6/29/2011 10:23:00 PM (view original):
Rumor has Talbot negotiating with the Leafs, and Jagr turning down our 1 year offer of $2 million per year. Svoboda says the Wings will double that amount. I kinda doubt it, but I can't see paying Jagr as much as that, let alone more.
Gotta give Svboda credit.  Doing a nice job of playing the teams off each other to drive the price up.  Now there is word Philly is in the mix.

Of course, the higher the price goes, the less likely he'll wind up with the Pens.
6/30/2011 4:43 PM
F'N Traitors.  both jagr and talbot go to philly!  :{
7/1/2011 2:41 PM
Posted by juskay on 6/30/2011 12:49:00 AM (view original):
Posted by pttsbrghkid on 5/25/2011 10:16:00 AM (view original):
May 25, 1991

That was cool.............Forgot Trottier was on the Pen's.
What a GREAT group of players.  Perfect mix of Vets and Young players.
i loved that game.  and look at that friggin' team.  Lemieux, Jagr, Mullen, Francis, Recchi, Stevens, Trottier, Larry Murphy, Coffey, Barrasso.  tons of current and future HOFers.
7/1/2011 2:56 PM
pens sign sullivan to a one year $1.5M deal.  hoping he can net a few with crosby or malkin.  :>
7/1/2011 3:20 PM
TALBOT WENT TO PHILLY??????? I didn't hear that. Oh crap!
7/1/2011 3:21 PM
◂ Prev 1...64|65|66|67|68...78 Next ▸
Pens Thread: Go Pens Go! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.