Pens Thread: Go Pens Go! Topic

Maybe today Lemieux wants to **** and moan about dirty play.

I bet he will be silent, the piece o ----.

4/15/2012 8:58 PM
That being said, Crosby should have received a 10 minute misconduct on top of the 5 minute fighting major in the 1st period for slapping Giroux's glove away... however the refs did a **** poor job all game.  It just caused the game to ramp up because of it.
4/15/2012 9:00 PM
Can I interest anyone in a slightly used Crosby or Malkin?

No, sorry, Staal isn't for sale.
4/24/2012 4:53 PM
Looks like Brent Johnson's days are numbered with the Pens. They just got Tomas Vokoun from the Caps for a 7th rounder.
6/4/2012 1:09 PM
seems like a lot to pay a backup for a team with cap issues.

but i suppose it is an upgrade, poor Johnny just didn't have it last year.
6/4/2012 1:28 PM
Posted by chuckinrlp on 6/4/2012 1:09:00 PM (view original):
Looks like Brent Johnson's days are numbered with the Pens. They just got Tomas Vokoun from the Caps for a 7th rounder.
Love the aggressive move.

Think pens might look to Columbus for a Nash/Fleury deal? Nash-Malkin would be a hell of a tandem.
6/4/2012 6:25 PM
Nope, doubt it. MAF is not going to be traded, despite the fans being a little down on him. He is our goalie, period. If anything, the Staal to Chicago/Toronto/Carolina/Edmonton rumors are still out there.
6/5/2012 7:47 PM
Staal rumors keep circulating, and that it will happen prior to the draft held in Pittsburgh. Edmonton seems willing to part with the #1 pick overall, but we need bodies now and not in a couple of years until he is ready.
6/17/2012 8:05 PM

Penguins general manager Ray Shero admitted today that numerous teams have inquired about the availability of center Jordan Staal.

Shero’s reply is simple: Staal isn’t available.

Despite steady speculation all summer that Staal could be traded this summer, Shero will attempt to sign the center to a long-term contract.

“You can’t have it both ways,” he said. “I can’t try to negotiate a contract with Jordan and a trade with another team at the same time. It doesn’t work that way. We don’t want to trade Jordan. We think we can sign him, and we’re going to try.”

Shero had a positive meeting with Staal after the Penguins were eliminated in the first round of the playoffs by Philadelphia.

“He told me he likes it here,” Shero said. “Told me he wants to stay, that he likes Pittsburgh and likes being a Penguin."

6/19/2012 3:41 PM
Geno cleaned up last night!
6/21/2012 9:35 AM
Yes he did, but I'd have rather seen him win the Conn Smythe!!
6/21/2012 10:14 AM
Breaking news: Hearing Jordan Staal turned down 10-yr mega offer from PIT. Has indicated to PIT he doesn’t plan on signing extension now.
Via Ken McKenzie.
Wow!! Doesn't look like Staal will be around for long now!
6/21/2012 5:46 PM

Staal wants more responsibility, more powerplay time.  The simple truth of it all is that he doesn't want to be a third line center anymore, which with Crosby and Malkin, he will always be with the Penguins.  It would be best if Shero trades him now and gets something for him because next year he is walking... right to Carolina to play with Eric.

6/22/2012 8:37 AM
Photoshops of Mario and Luigi, anyone?

(I would do it but I got no skills.)

6/22/2012 9:47 AM
Staal to Carolina. We'll miss Jordan, but time to move on. It seems we got a decent return for him, but dang, I wish they would have taken Martin with him!
6/22/2012 9:44 PM
◂ Prev 1...70|71|72|73|74...78 Next ▸
Pens Thread: Go Pens Go! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.