Pens Thread: Go Pens Go! Topic

I'm guessing you like this move kid? I'm wondering what happens to Bortuzzo now, since he'd have to be placed on waivers to besentto theminors.
3/25/2013 3:18 PM
There is going to be some roster shuffling for sure, chuck.  Especially once Malkin and Letang are back.  They could send Despres down, perhaps after the deadline, but he's proven himself.

Either Bortuzzo or Engelland are going to end up on waivers, and I'm guessing neither would clear as teams are always in need of blueline depth.  So yes, there will be an odd man out.

I'd also guess Bennett gets sent down, if only because he's better off getting top line and top PP minutes in the AHL than 3rd line minutes here.  UNLESS they find a taker for TK, but you don't want to make too many changes to a team playing this well.  We know Coach loves Adams.  My guess is one of Jeffrey/Vitale/Glass gets waived.

I'd love to see Murray paired with Letang, but he won't get those kind of minutes.  They could do what they did in the 09 playoffs, and dress 7 D, and just roll Crosby/Malkin/Sutter through the 4 lines.
3/25/2013 3:32 PM

and also

3/26/2013 10:40 PM
although they could be in big trouble if fleury is out for long
3/26/2013 10:40 PM
luck has run out. Fleury and Letang both hurt.  This team could be crazy good if ever fully healthy.
3/27/2013 10:52 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
17 in-a-row is the record... But that record win streak is held by the
'92-'93 Pittsburgh team...

Eye don't wanna' see the Miami Heat break the Lakers record of
33 in-a-row... Likewise, here...
3/27/2013 11:07 AM
IGGY!!!!!
3/28/2013 6:27 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by antoncresten on 3/28/2013 6:37:00 AM (view original):

TERRIBLE MOVE!

OVERPAID IN A LOCK-OUT YEAR, MESSES UP THE CHEMISTRY!

WE WANT THE CRY-BABY IN THE FIRST ROUND!

The phrase sour grapes is an expression originating from "The Fox and the Grapes," one of Aesop's Fables. It refers to pretending not to care for something one wants, but does not or cannot have.
3/28/2013 9:49 AM
3/28/2013 9:50 AM
WTF?  I already bought my Bruins Iggy jersey.
3/28/2013 11:03 AM
yeah, the pens sure are making enemies fast.  A B's-Pens playoff series this spring could be pretty epic.
3/28/2013 2:48 PM
3/29/2013 10:39 AM
What is this team going to look like with Iggy and MAF and Letang?? Geez, I hate to think what kind of pressure must be on these guys to win the cup now. Hopefully that won't wilt them if they get down a game in the playoffs. Other than Boston and Chicago, can anyone give them a run for their money and beat them in a 7 game series? I honestly don't think so, although anything can, and usually does, happen in the playoffs.
3/29/2013 11:09 AM
◂ Prev 1...73|74|75|76|77|78 Next ▸
Pens Thread: Go Pens Go! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.