Pens Thread: Go Pens Go! Topic

Quote: Originally Posted By nmchnv on 6/13/2009when i watch Malkin, i see Forsberg in his prime. He is awesome
Geno turned into a defensive force. That is one of the most understated things Bylsma got going. Disruptive on the forecheck and in the neutral zone.

6/14/2009 8:19 AM
Lidstrom waited 30 seconds tops....I don`t remember Draper saying anything about Chelios when he refused to shake anyones hand a few years back...Lidstrom didn`t even hang around long enough to shake the coaches hands...and they are ususally last in line...I did hear Babcock say to Crosby "great leadership" when they shook hands..Draper `s a whiner anyway...but really its a non issue
6/14/2009 9:03 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By nmchnv on 6/13/2009when i watch Malkin, i see Forsberg in his prime. He is awesome
except Malkin can score...I liken him more to Jagr
6/14/2009 9:10 AM
kid, I think the same as you, but I'm gonna party all summer long with this one. As far as getting players signed though, Lovejoy can replace Gill, Gologoski can replace Bouchard, and we need to re-sign Skuderi, as much as I was on him this year, he did have a tremendous playoff series. Feds, Sykora, Satan and Guerin, and Garon are all ufa's. I think Guerin will be back ,along with Fedetenko. Gill, Zigomanis, Adams(maybe), Sykora, Satan are all gone. We need a scoring winger for Sid, but I don't think Caputi will be ready. Otherwise, we're gonna be ok.
6/14/2009 11:01 AM
IMO with the salary cap now, every team will shuffle players in the offseason. You should always be able to find depth players of quality, Shero should have no problem. My opinion of Guerin changed almost totally in the last three months, I didn't think he had that much in the tank.

I would think you'd keep Gill because, for all his limitations, no one else on the Pens does what he does, and he nullified Holmstrom, which I enjoy thoroughly. Fedotenko seems to be a good fit for this team too.

I would be worried about Gonch hangin' 'em up. He finally got his ring. I thought the sweetest moment was that he was the first guy back in the dressing room, just hanging out with his daughter. Don't know if you saw it chuck, Elliot Friedman of HNIC had an interview with him and asked him about how he was a mentor to Malkin, Gonchar said "he'll do fine without me."

6/14/2009 11:32 AM
...actually he said "he would of done fine without me", cause he was a special talent "
6/14/2009 12:44 PM
... I could have sworn... me and my revisionist history. Oh well. I was glad for him most of all anyway.

Yeah they brought in Bylsma and Kunitz and Guerin... to me it all started happening when they got the Gonch back.

6/14/2009 1:22 PM
indeed...I gained a lot of respect for Gonchar these p-offs...he didn`t look all that great vs. the Canes...I think that`s why they dressed 7 d-men for so long...but he gutted it out...in the interview you could also see he was wearing a knee brace.
6/14/2009 1:40 PM
Gotta believe Gonch will have off season surgery for his knee. Crosby is quoted as saying today he had a charley horse. I just hope it isn't the kind that shelved Cam Neely.
6/14/2009 6:21 PM
So who is going to the parade?

Chuck, I am 99.9% sure that Scuderi will get a UFA offer too big for the Pens to match. Only way he stays is if he's happy enough to re-sign before July 1. Seems very unlikely. Remember the money Jeff FInger got last July? Who is Jeff FInger you ask? EXACTLY.

I am hearing that Guerin is going home and will hang em up. That he wouldn't even accept an offer that included the Pens private jet to go home as often as possible. We'll see.

Would really like to see Feds and Ziggy come back, am hoping Gill walks.

GOnch HAS to be traded. HAS to. They are bent over by the cap if they keep Crosby/Malkin/Staal/Orpik/Gonchar/Fleury. If someone needs to be moved from that group to free up cap space for a RW1, LW2, RW2 and D2, it should be the old guy.
6/14/2009 9:16 PM
what day is the parade?
6/14/2009 9:52 PM
6/14/2009 9:53 PM
Tomorrow, I believe....You flying in?
6/14/2009 9:54 PM
6/14/2009 9:55 PM
yep, monday at noon
6/14/2009 10:53 PM
◂ Prev 1...6|7|8|9|10...78 Next ▸
Pens Thread: Go Pens Go! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.