Joe Dimaggio Thread: The Screenplay Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Quote: Originally posted by JohnGPF on 7/22/2009...i want harrison ford to play me...

Hmmmmm....nope. Too easy.
7/22/2009 10:30 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By gregsimon on 7/22/2009
I have purchased a 30 second spot when it airs to retort
If you want to make an impression, give alot of thought to background setting, wardrobe, actor/actress and music/animal noises.
7/22/2009 10:44 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By boogerlips on 7/22/2009Actually, the crazy thing about the cricket is that I intended to use one before I even saw your post. If you want to play that part, I'll need to see (or hear) some credentials..
Damnit!!!!
7/26/2009 8:03 PM
The foreign kid from "That 70s Show" or George Clonney should play me.
10/20/2009 9:40 PM
Zub !!
10/20/2009 10:55 PM
i suppose that having grown up when, and where, i did, colors my opinion, but i don't care what anyone says. The 56 game hitting streak is one incredible, very impressive feat. There used to be a movie theatre in Brooklyn, Loew's Kings,a true palace of a place. It was built for the era when movies were EVENTS, and no opportunity for opulence was overlooked in its' construction and decor. By the '60's, movies were still big, but not as, and they had live shows in the Kings at times. Lenny Bruce did a comedy act there, and i was about 11, i was sent in to sell newspapers. that was an enormous opportunity for me, because the paper cost 7cents, almost everyone gave me a dime, and didn't ask for change, and going in there to sell, it was a mortal lock that i'd get a few dollar-keep-the-change customers. DiMaggio was there, and he bought a paper, carefully counted out 7 pennies, and wouldn't sign an autograph. Several people standing around there saw the exchange, and the disappointment must have registered on my face, because my next several customers each gave me a dollar, no change, and one gave me a five. Someone then went over to Mr. D, said something to him, and walked over to me, handed me a dollar, gave me DiMagg's autograph on a napkin. My mother must have gotten wind of my windfall, because she was waiting outside when i went out, to take the money from me. As a footnote, i was always VERY P/O'd that she took my money, when i got out of the army, she handed me a bank book. She had deposited everything she took, and the balance was $6,537.44. It took the now 21 y/o me about six seconds to blow it. She should have held it another 25 years or so, until i grew up.

i don't want to be in the movie, but Marilyn would love Pogo.
10/22/2009 5:23 PM
Segway Away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
8/13/2010 9:31 PM
Bump for zubinsum
3/3/2011 1:33 AM
Re-bump.
6/1/2013 11:19 PM
   One thing about the streak that is over looked by today's fan is the media attention the streak received. It was front page on newspapers all over the country, there was even a hit song about it. I remember players who would be major stars today who couldn't get playing time because they struck out too often. Dave Nicholson comes immediately to mind. A player who struck out as frequently as some of today's stars wouldn't have played back then. I never saw DiMag play, but everyone I ever met who did see him play was very much impressed. His stature would be much enhanced had he not lost as much time to the Armed Forces as he did, and he retired pretty young. Five or six more years, and another 200 HRs would have eliminated any question of just how good he was. And, don't discount the dimensions of Yankee Stadium when he played there.
6/2/2013 6:53 PM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸
Joe Dimaggio Thread: The Screenplay Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.