WISC 2009, Round 2 Themes Topic

man, right now i'm 20th... i feel like if i start working on teams, i'll jinx myself, but if i don't, i'll be way behind the 8 ball!
9/16/2009 3:53 PM
100% agreed jfranco....I believe I am 25th or 26th.....same boat.....

schwarze - any idea when round 2 may start?
9/16/2009 4:36 PM
Will the draft order in one draft league be the reverse order of the other league?
9/16/2009 10:29 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By PennQuaker on 9/16/2009Will the draft order in one draft league be the reverse order of the other league
No, they will both be random. The division alignment is basd on draft order, in both leagues.
9/16/2009 10:55 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By mildnhazy on 9/16/2009
100% agreed jfranco....I believe I am 25th or 26th.....same boat.....

schwarze - any idea when round 2 may start?

9/16/2009 11:30 PM
This post could not be converted. To view the original post's thread, click here.
9/17/2009 6:30 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By mildnhazy on 9/16/2009schwarze - any idea when round 2 may start
Well, based on my quick estimate, the round 1 leagues should finish their regular season by October 2. Add a couple of weeks for playoffs and the Final 24 teams should be determined by mid October. The round 2 drafts will start around then (allow 14 days for the 120M draft). Overall, I'll allow about a month or so to get all 6 teams entered. I expect the final deadline will be around November 20 (before Thanksgiving).

I checked last year, and it looks like the first games were played around November 26-27 or so which is about the same timeframe as this year.
9/17/2009 1:51 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By PennQuaker on 9/17/2009This is concerning. It wouldn't be fair if someone had high picks in both drafts because of a random draw.
You make a good point, although I think I will go a slightly different route. There will be one random draw. We will "draft" draft slots.

First choice gets to decide which draft slot and which draft he wants that draft slot for. He might choose 1st in the 100M. Second choice might choose 1st pick in the 120M draft, and so on. So then, the person who drew 24th would then choose his spot in both drafts, as we snake back to the person with #1 who gets stuck with whatever draft slot is at the end.

I think this is better than 1/24, 2/23, 3/22, etc. There is some strategy involved with your draft slot selection as the 100M draft reverses in round 3 and there is some advantage to drafting 13th, 14th in the 120M draft.

I'll update the threads.
9/17/2009 1:58 PM
thanks schwarze
9/17/2009 2:46 PM
I'm not sure that's quite meta enough for me. I'm thinking maybe we should draft draft-slot-draft slots.
Naturally, the order of draft-slot-draft draft slots would be randomized.

Wait, maybe they should be drafted...

9/17/2009 2:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PennQuaker on 9/17/2009This is concerning. It wouldn't be fair if someone had high picks in both drafts because of a random draw. No one who makes the final 24 should gain an advantage because of draft position in these two leagues. I could suggest that this is a reason why not to have drafts in this tournament but if you do have them, the order in one draft should be randomly determined with the other draft starting in the opposite order.
I hate to say it, but I'm with Penn. Not a big fan of drafts determining this. Way too much luck involved.
9/17/2009 4:49 PM
*** IMPORTANT NOTE ***

I've flipped the salary cap levels for the "Who's the Boss" and "One Season, One League" themes. I have come to realize that there could be duplication and overlap between the current "10-Yr Franchise" and the "Who's the Boss" themes. Plus, I feel that the "One Season, One League" works better at 80M.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

(Note that in my site-mail, I mis-typed the last number... it should have read "One Season, One League" works better at 80M).
9/21/2009 1:10 PM
I like and agree with that change, schwarze
9/21/2009 6:10 PM
question - do we think that WIS will release new salaries with the new players? (that would be in about a month)

i would hate to spend a month building all my teams and then find out none of them fit under the cap with their new salaries.
9/24/2009 4:39 PM
A very good question. You're not the first to ask. I have finally been contacted by TZ. He says that there will be a salary update when the 2009 players come out, although he said it would be delayed a bit. I have asked for clarification on how long.... or when he expects the new update to be released.

If this release date runs into mid-November, then we'll probably run Round 2 without the changes.
9/24/2009 4:53 PM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
WISC 2009, Round 2 Themes Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.