Last 5 books you’ve read Topic

Walking Dead, Rise of the Governor by Robert Kirkman
Walking Dead, Road to Woodbury  by Robert Kirkman
The Zombie Chronicles, Survivors! by Charles Smith...  Cheap Kindle single.. 
6/13/2013 12:59 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Im working on Hit the Sign and Win a Free Suit of Clothes from Harry Finklestein. Its pretty much amazing.
6/16/2013 11:35 AM
Simon Schama.  First of a three set. A history of Britain. Sub title: At the edge of the world? 300 BC - AD 1603.
6/16/2013 1:37 PM

Witness to Death - Dave White : One of the first books I ever bought on my Kindle after reading a good review of it (and it only cost $1). Way overrated by the reviewer.

Still Life with Crows - Preston/Child : the fourth Pendergast novel, the first taking place outside of NYC. Good as always

Farewell to Arms - Hemingway : never read it before, figured I should before I kick the bucket.

Undaunted Courage - Stephen Ambrose : story of the Lewis and Clark expedition.

Wool (Omnibus edition) - Hugh Howey : collection of five separately self-published novellas that start the Silo Saga. Sci-fi, I guess, though it's more dystopian than hard sci-fi.  I liked it, will read the Shift trilogy soon.

2/2/2014 10:37 PM
2/6/2014 10:59 PM
yer mom
2/7/2014 12:44 AM
Just finished October 1964 by David Halberstrom...a great baseball read that covers much more than just October.

Currently on the second book of the Game of Thrones saga.

2/7/2014 11:41 AM
kermy, I like the Preston/child Pendergrast series as well, but they seem to get weirder and weirder with each book.  Still like 'em, but they're definitely strange.
2/7/2014 10:59 PM
Won't catch everything since my last post but...

From LeCarre, I read "A Small Town in Germany" and then the famous "Karla Trilogy":

Tinker, Tailor,Soldier, Spy
Honourable Schoolboy
Smiley's People

From the Pendergast saga, I read the Diogenes Trilogy:

Brimstone
Dance of Death
The Book of the Dead

Picked up Dr. Sleep by Stephen King and so re-read The Shining and then Dr. Sleep. I was pleasantly surprised that Dr. Sleep was pretty good.

Sun Also Rises - Hemingway (another one I'd never read)

At Play in the Fields of the Lord - Mathiesen

The Racketeer - John Grisham (picked this up at the Newark Airport on my way home from Delhi after losing my Kindle by leaving it on the plane that I flew in on. Hadn't read Grisham in a long time... this one was ok, not spectacular)

And, my big round-the-world trip saw me feeling I had enough spare time to tackle Game of Thrones. I read about 2/3 of it on my trip before losing the Kindle, then took a few weeks off to catch up on all my other reading. Just finished Game of Thrones last week and have started Clash of Kings. After that I'll take a break from Mr. Martin and get back to some other stuff.
9/14/2014 10:40 PM
i have two questions

1. what world trip
2. is smiley your people, is karla your people
9/14/2014 10:55 PM
i personally have been reading the I Ching

like how long will i live?

the ching says four evah

how long is my dong?

the ching says lengthy

how will i fare?

the ching says find a friendly local insurance man and give him stuff

i am trying to find stuff
9/14/2014 11:11 PM
The Drop - Dennis Lehane - decent movie, better book
What You Want Is In The Limo - On the road with Led Zeppelin, Alice Cooper and The Who in 1973 - Michael Walker - interesting book

9/15/2014 12:21 AM
3 ED MCBAIN 87TH PRECINCT NOVELS- FUZZ, JIGSAW, AND HAI HAIL THE GANGS ALL HERE

ONE SUMMER-1927----BILL BRYSON

COLOR BLIND-THE 1ST NATIONAL SEMI-PRO BASEBALL TOURNAMENT AND THE INTEGRATED BISMARCK, N.D, TEAM

ON THE BORDER WITH CROOK--JOHN BOURKE
9/15/2014 8:17 AM
The Service - The Memoirs of General Reinhard Gehlen
Operation Paperclip
Animal Farm
The Rape of Nanking
9/15/2014 12:22 PM
◂ Prev 1...6|7|8|9|10...19 Next ▸
Last 5 books you’ve read Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.