JETER!!!!!! Topic

You should change your pants.
9/25/2014 10:58 PM
Buck wanted Jeter to have his moment. That's why he put in the most hittable pitcher on the team. Who then promptly served up an Adam Wainwright-style meatball as a parting gift.
9/25/2014 11:42 PM
Was it Chan Ho Parkesque?
9/25/2014 11:56 PM
Brett Farveish
9/26/2014 5:41 AM
Posted by Jtpsops on 9/25/2014 11:42:00 PM (view original):
Buck wanted Jeter to have his moment. That's why he put in the most hittable pitcher on the team. Who then promptly served up an Adam Wainwright-style meatball as a parting gift.
LOL.

Your hate is pathetic.
9/26/2014 6:36 AM
Sadly pathetic.    Perhaps Buck realized that preparing his team for the playoffs is more important than a personal moment for an opposing player.
9/26/2014 6:49 AM
Even the guys on the MLB network acknowledged that Buck would have managed it differently if it were a different day.

Was great to see Jeter leave NY like that.
9/26/2014 7:21 AM
Every game could be managed differently.    The importance of the game, the situation, the availability of players, etc, etc, always changes.    I imagine, if it was game 162 and a must win, we'd have seen Baltimore's best all day.    In a somewhat meaningless game, why burn your best RP in a tie game?
9/26/2014 8:06 AM
Anyway, no way should he play in Boston.   Barring playoff heroics, you really can't write a better way to end your career.   Game winning hit in the bottom of the 9th at home.    And that's after giving up three in the top of the inning to even make it possible.
9/26/2014 8:09 AM
He's going to DH for the final series in Boston.  He said that his final time at SS should be in Yankee Stadium.

I'm OK with him playing the final series in Boston.  Playing at Fenway in front of the "enemy" in the greatest rivalry in sports, is just as much of what it means to be a Yankee as playing in front of the home crowd in the Bronx.  Not playing this series would be the wrong way to end his career, and he's always been about doing the right thing and respecting the game and it's history and tradition.

If they were playing on the road anywhere other than Fenway, I'd agree . . . let last night be the end.

9/26/2014 8:30 AM
Meh.   Boston sucks and he's probably played 400 games against them.    And the reason I'm against it is because of how I think it will play out.   He'll DH and Saturday or Sunday, he'll get a hit.   Then Girardi will pull him so he can end his career on a hit.    Well, they can do that right now.   I have no problem with it being all about Jeter last night in his last home game.   Now play the season out as a team. 
9/26/2014 8:42 AM
Boston does suck, I'll agree with that.
9/26/2014 8:51 AM
It would have put them 2 games back of LAA for home field advantage. I'd say that's something to play for.
9/26/2014 8:54 AM
Posted by tecwrg on 9/26/2014 8:51:00 AM (view original):
Boston does suck, I'll agree with that.
Do you agree that Jeter will be pulled from the game after a hit?

The one thing I didn't like, and was glad to see it not happen, was the potential for the staged removal from the game.    I was almost certain Robertson would get two outs and a big production would have been made to remove Jeter from the game.    I want to believe Jeter nixed that idea.    And it played out perfectly.   I think his removal from the game in Boston will be a thought out production.
9/26/2014 9:03 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 9/26/2014 8:42:00 AM (view original):
Meh.   Boston sucks and he's probably played 400 games against them.    And the reason I'm against it is because of how I think it will play out.   He'll DH and Saturday or Sunday, he'll get a hit.   Then Girardi will pull him so he can end his career on a hit.    Well, they can do that right now.   I have no problem with it being all about Jeter last night in his last home game.   Now play the season out as a team. 
Boston sucks...blah blah blah....

Jeter will probably get 1 AB in all 3 games.
9/26/2014 3:02 PM
◂ Prev 1...7|8|9|10|11...13 Next ▸
JETER!!!!!! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.