Thoughts On The New Update Topic

Since we're all going to be going into the 2nd round a bit blind I thought maybe we could share some of our thoughts on the update........After looking at it for about 5 minutes my first inclination is that deadball pitchers will go away due to this crazy new fielding formula......and deadball hitters will be used more so that you can lower other team's fielding percentages (??!???)......other thoughts?
10/14/2009 5:30 PM
I can't believe how much cheaper pitching is now. Should be interesting.
10/14/2009 5:50 PM
well I guess most people are going to keep their strategies to themselves....jerks .........anyway - it seems like now deadball fielders could potentially be even worse than before if there is a deadball pitcher in front of them and/or deadball hitter against them?......wouldn't that seem counter-productive to the update?
10/15/2009 10:38 AM
i'm still not understanding the logic behind the pitcher and hitter influencing fielding. in the words of Michael Scott from the Office, somebody "explain it to me like I'm an 8-year old."
10/15/2009 11:56 AM
If 1905 Honus Wagner was at SS and the pitcher and hitter were also from 1905, then Wagner's fielding would improve b/c his fielding% is better than the league average.

But there are different degrees of deadball... The fielding in the 1880's is much worse than the fielding in the 1910's.

10/15/2009 11:59 AM
How does the update affect the themes for round 2?

since the salaries are lower some of the caps seem a little high. The drafts are more important because a mediocre draft could leave you unable to meet the cap.

The $60M might not get a mix of hitting teams and pitching teams now.
10/15/2009 12:30 PM
Even before the update I thought it might be difficult to reach 120mil in that draft league......
10/15/2009 12:48 PM
Regarding the 60M theme, I was worried that nobody would go with the $36M hitting team... now I think it's more palatable.

Regarding the 120M team, I'm going to make one small change. I'm adding the DH.
10/15/2009 1:08 PM
Wow, the team I drafted a month ago for round two's 60M theme now costs $69 million. Back to the drawing board...
10/15/2009 2:14 PM
And similarly, the team I drafted for round one's 70M theme (94 wins) increased to 80 million. And yes, I drafted good hitting pitchers.
10/15/2009 2:18 PM
Thoughts On The New Update Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.