What are you reading? Topic

that's awesome, makes ya wanna read the book again doesn't it?
12/8/2009 7:33 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
I just started reading Six Good Innings which is a story about the Toms River Little League teams in recent years. So far the first 20 pages are good.
12/9/2009 11:36 AM
The Edison/electric chair book mentioned a character I've always heard fantastic things about - Nikola Tesla. Altho a contemporary of Thomas Edison, it's likely he possessed the greatest inventive mind this side of da Vinci. I'm only about 30 pages into Tesla: Man Out of Time, by Margaret Cheney, and he's already displaying things, a fiery red ball of electricity to friend Mark Twain, that still cannot be replicated. Good read so far.
12/16/2009 8:57 PM
... part of the reason I've been intrigued by Tesla is his historic record (perfecting the alternating current system of electricity, etc. - huge, documented, real world accomplishments) AND because these types of books you find associated with him -

Occult Ether Physics: Tesla s Hidden Space Propulsion System and the Conspiracy to Conceal It (2nd Revised Edition) (Paperback)
~ William Lyne
12/16/2009 9:08 PM
Today I read

I am also working on:

I work at a preschool center as the director. I read George with the younger kids and The Mouse and the Motorcycle we have been working on for a week now with the older kids before school. I typicaly spend the majority of my day in the office but the past week or two I have been filling in as teachers take vacations.
THE COTTON KINGDOM--------FREDERICK LAW OLMSTEAD
4/21/2012 10:19 AM
The true life story of Moe Berg -- Baseball Player and Spy -- He was Franklin Roosevelt's favorite Ballplayer -- and his work helped Jimmie Doolittle with his raid over Toyko.
4/21/2012 1:14 PM
The Agony and The Ecstasy.  All about Michelangelo.  This guy could sculpt with the best of 'em.
4/21/2012 3:10 PM
A friend at work lent me Moneyball, just a few pages from finishing that up.
4/22/2012 1:43 PM
Just finished Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter and started Lies my Teacher Told Me.
4/22/2012 5:17 PM
Foundations of Pentecostal Theology by Guy P Duffield and NM Van Cleave. 
4/24/2012 1:47 AM
The Bullpen Gospels by Dirk Hayhurst, one of the best baseball books I've ever read.

Usually for work I am reading 2-3 books at a time.

At the moment, researching for a book I am working on, these include Frederick Cooper, Decolonization and African Society, and Revolt and Crisis in Greece published by AK press on the strikes and protests against austerity policies there. 
4/27/2012 6:35 AM
I just finished the last couple books in the George RR Martin Game of Thrones Series...it's my second time through them, they get better with the reread.

I am reading Chapters of Guns, Germs, and Steel for like the 80th time because I am using it in class.

I plan on rereading Money Ball soon, I just saw the movie,

I finished the Hunger Games trilogy recently as well.   I thought the first two were pretty cool, the third one was to much like Lord of the Rings and Star Wars.
4/27/2012 10:37 AM
Trentonjoe, tell me what you think of Guns, Germs and Steel when you are done. There are things I liked about it, but in the end I had some criticisms and even thought about writing a piece about some problems I had with Diamond's approach to history. 

Money Ball hasn't made it to Italy yet. Have to wait for it to hit satellite TV.
4/29/2012 5:55 PM
◂ Prev 1...9|10|11|12|13...90 Next ▸
What are you reading? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.