fyi - vis Monkee’s silence Topic

tracyr - I wasn't lumping you in with the trolls. I apologize if that's how it came across. You have several active teams that I know of, so I wasn't including you.

gin, I don't know what your aliases are but I see 27 nba teams from you. And no active ones. That says to me that you don't play this sim.

also, gin, I linked the thread and said, look at how it started. read the first two posts of mine. Look at the dates before you start judging. Of course, you won't, because you're just that way, but whatever.

chester_o was monkee, apparently... wow.

hey there's the terms of service... very hard to find. Guess I'll delete that other post then.
2/1/2010 8:48 PM
You're projecting. I read the whole thread earlier, I wanted to relive colonel's rng spaz.

It doesn't matter if three years passed before seble responded, because he never said he would be responding. Are you really this dumb? One month had gone by and you were calling him a "chicken-****" for not responding to the thread he said he may not respond to. I asked you two simple questions in my previous post and you ignored them both. Much like you ignore everything seble says and just spout off with whatever comes to mind.
2/1/2010 9:01 PM
I think this whole sh*t is ridiculous. It is obviously over a personal vendetta between the two of them. Seble should be the bigger person and let it go. I mean seriously who gives a f*ck what someone types. Grow up and stop being a p*ssy.

PS If you don't like what I said ban me too and kiss thousands of dollars away.
2/1/2010 9:02 PM
wow 98avg and I agree on something.
2/1/2010 9:07 PM
emonk = monkee = monyet = chester_o

Those are his four ids to my knowledge.

501 NBA sim teams.
2/1/2010 9:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gin_caesar on 2/01/2010I asked you two simple questions in my previous post and you ignored them both.

I thought they were rhetorical.

Let's see... how should he have responded? Any response would have been great. "May not respond" is not "I'm disappearing for most of the next year".

How was I helping by derailing the thread? I wasn't derailing the thread. My number one problem with the sim shifted from the technical problems with the sim to the fact that I couldn't get any admin response (and it wasn't just in that thread) to perfectly reasonable questions.

I ignore seble? It's hard to not ignore someone who doesn't post for months at a time. he certainly ignores us. And by us, I mean the people who have taken the time to try and politely state problems/suggestions for the sim, as I and others did well prior to that post and afterwards.
2/1/2010 9:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ncih on 2/01/2010emonk = monkee = monyet = chester_oThose are his four ids to my knowledge.501 NBA sim teams.

if half of those were free, we're talking $2500. Not a lot in the grand scheme of things, but still, that's a whole lot more than zero.
2/1/2010 9:18 PM
And by the way I agree ash is a crybaby
2/1/2010 9:19 PM
ah but you're the one that ends up in tears after we play.
2/1/2010 9:31 PM
Haha! This thread is funny. It'll really start a riot when seble decides to delete it...
2/1/2010 10:14 PM
2/1/2010 10:23 PM
First rule of the internet is you take what everyone says with a grain of salt. I (like most others on this site) base my opinions on my personal experiences playing the SIM. Monkee's opinions have no effect on anyone else. One fact for certain is that Monkee is now a "martyr".

Want to shut up your critics? Fix the sim, or at least attempt to.

2/1/2010 10:53 PM
While e-monk and I have a long history (and he's the one with the inexplicable vendetta), this ban is not about that. Over the years he's cultivated a negative atmosphere in these forums and would dominate any thread in order to twist it to his agenda.

This began years ago, back when the NBA game was getting frequent updates, so this is not just because of what's happened over the past year or so. His expectations for this game (in a nutshell, extremely low game-to-game variance) are different than ours and instead of accepting the game and either enjoying it as is or leaving, he decided to stay and take every opportunity to insult the game and insult me personally.

This also made me hesitant to post in the forums because without fail every time I did, the thread spiraled out of control quickly in a bitter tirade.

I've been tagged a liar for giving an indication of upcoming plans and then having those plans change for whatever reason. On the flip side, I've been called vague and noncommittal for not making hard promises. So that's a no-win situation for me.

The bottom line is that the last thing I want to do is punish anyone. The whole point of this site is for people to come and enjoy some games and take part in a community of like-minded sports fans. If you enjoy the game as it is then keep playing and have fun. If you don't enjoy it then maybe take a break and check back periodically to see if updates have been made.
2/1/2010 11:09 PM
As someone who has begun to throw copious amounts of money into the NBA sim, here's my take:

I would have to say that the lack of updates to the sim/lack of admin response or feedback on programming suggestions is a hell of a lot worse than having some a-holes be rude in the forums. . .not only is it ignoring the bigger problem, but the more people that admin runs off, the harder it is to fill theme leagues, and the reduced community involvement starts to be a drag, etc. etc. etc. = tailspin.
2/1/2010 11:15 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By 98average on 2/01/2010
I think this whole sh*t is ridiculous. It is obviously over a personal vendetta between the two of them. Seble should be the bigger person and let it go. I mean seriously who gives a f*ck what someone types. Grow up and stop being a p*ssy.

PS If you don't like what I said ban me too and kiss thousands of dollars away.

it would be awesome if you would stop watching your BOWIS teams, so i have a shot at some wins
2/1/2010 11:16 PM
◂ Prev 1...3|4|5|6|7...10 Next ▸
fyi - vis Monkee’s silence Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.