fyi - vis Monkee’s silence Topic

some people just dont get it

damn emp, did you just plain not read seble's post right above yours

it's guys like you with that attitude that ARE the problem here
2/1/2010 11:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by empdenied on 2/02/2010As someone who has begun to throw copious amounts of money into the NBA sim, here's my take:

I would have to say that the lack of updates to the sim/lack of admin response or feedback on programming suggestions is a hell of a lot worse than having some a-holes be rude in the forums. . .not only is it ignoring the bigger problem, but the more people that admin runs off, the harder it is to fill theme leagues, and the reduced community involvement starts to be a drag, etc. etc. etc. = tailspin.
We're not ignoring the suggestions and feedback. As I posted in another thread, it's a priority/resources dilemma for us.
2/1/2010 11:23 PM
I'm over it. Bottom line is that I've been enjoying the sim lately despite its whacky ways. I didn't like monkee and I don't approve of what you did or how you've been the past 9 months or so, but whatever. As I've learned while working hard for a company who has been in a steady decline financially, you can only control what you can control.

2/2/2010 2:24 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By seble on 2/01/2010
ashamael, you have a right to your opinion, but you have no idea about the full extent of my history with e-monk. All you guys see is his version of things, and he clearly has a way of twisting words to fit his agenda. There comes a point where it doesn't benefit anyone for him to post here.

I did not ban him from the site, so that's his choice to quit playing the games.
Ashamael may not be familiar with the entire history, but I am and have had my own bouts with you/customer service where I was treated the same way as e-monk/monkee/monyet with rude, arrogant, "we're right, you're wrong" immature responses.

You can deny it all you like, I remember when TK gagged you here because you were being a complete *** an literally ******* everyone off...others know precisely what I'm talking about....but most of them probably are no longer on the website to corraborate my story...shocking....monkee knows. I mean really, when is a customer servant ever told to stop interacting with customers because he lacks an incredible amount of tact and sincerity?

I will admit that we have been hard on you...I'll step to the front of that line, but I'll be damned if this anti-seble sentiment wasn't brought on by your snotty, ***-backwards responses in our first encounters with you. If someone tries to punk me on the internet, I'm not just going to say "ok" and go along with it...I'm going to stand up for myself and what I believe in.

The fact is, for someone that should be taking the "high road" almost always, I can't remember a time that you ever have. Your pride, more than anything, has ruined this game.

Lastly, I look at posting here and playing sim games as one in the same, thus if I couldn't post, I would no longer be here either...its part of the fun of the site. I still find it funny how you talk about how monkee has such a negative affect on the game because of the forums, however 2 or 3 years ago, you told us to pipe down a bit because the NBA sim forum posters represent a vast minority of the users that actually play the game....so which is it? You simply can't blame monkee for his TRUTHFUL dialogue.
2/2/2010 10:58 AM
colonels19, check your sitemail.
2/2/2010 11:03 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By colonels19 on 2/02/2010
Quote: Originally Posted By seble on 2/01/2010
ashamael, you have a right to your opinion, but you have no idea about the full extent of my history with e-monk. All you guys see is his version of things, and he clearly has a way of twisting words to fit his agenda. There comes a point where it doesn't benefit anyone for him to post here.

I did not ban him from the site, so that's his choice to quit playing the games.
Ashamael may not be familiar with the entire history, but I am and have had my own bouts with you/customer service where I was treated the same way as e-monk/monkee/monyet with rude, arrogant, "we're right, you're wrong" immature responses.

You can deny it all you like, I remember when TK gagged you here because you were being a complete *** an literally ******* everyone off...others know precisely what I'm talking about....but most of them probably are no longer on the website to corraborate my story...shocking....monkee knows. I mean really, when is a customer servant ever told to stop interacting with customers because he lacks an incredible amount of tact and sincerity?

I will admit that we have been hard on you...I'll step to the front of that line, but I'll be damned if this anti-seble sentiment wasn't brought on by your snotty, ***-backwards responses in our first encounters with you. If someone tries to punk me on the internet, I'm not just going to say "ok" and go along with it...I'm going to stand up for myself and what I believe in.

The fact is, for someone that should be taking the "high road" almost always, I can't remember a time that you ever have. Your pride, more than anything, has ruined this game.

His pride has ruined the game? You can't be serious with this ****.

He's not a customer servant btw, he's a programmer. Developers being pulled off the front lines happens pretty frequently because most of them aren't trained to deal with idiots like yourself.
2/2/2010 11:04 AM
This thread is getting ridiculous and I need to stop checking it. I appreciate a lot of the sentiments that have been shared, and some of them have been a waste of time. Play the game if you want, and don't if you disagree with the rules of the road that have been established for the game...and ask questions if you don't understand the rules. I really don't see the point of the constant baiting and sniping, either between customers or between customers and staff. It hasn't helped yet, and it won't help going forward.

I do think monkee set himself up for his fate and no one should be very surprised by it. I also think a permanent ban is pretty harsh and I hope WIS staff will reconsider.

Peace.
2/2/2010 11:09 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By gin_caesar on 2/02/2010
His pride has ruined the game? You can't be serious with this ****.

He's not a customer servant btw, he's a programmer. Developers being pulled off the front lines happens pretty frequently because most of them aren't trained to deal with idiots like yourself.

You need to be trained to have general, decent people skills? Please. It doesn't take a lot of work to be a decent human being.

Lastly, I've been given the ultimate warning so this is my last post here, enjoy.
2/2/2010 11:32 AM
$5 gets you $10 its not.... (sans perma ban)
2/2/2010 12:45 PM
I'm not taking that action.
2/2/2010 2:09 PM
This is one of the most entertaining threads of all time! I have to say that it is nice to see WIS staff laying it on the line. I agree for the most part. If you don't like it, and you don't get the responses or improvements from WIS that you apparently require, then don't play/ post. Wait for another release and test it then (whenever that might be). And most people would come back again because this is the best one available, regardless of its faults.

Many threads have become redundant and useless here because of WIS bashing. A new user comes in and asks for advice and then is educated on why Seble or WIS sucks. Is anyone surprised when the visit they Forums after a week or so to see WIS and Seble bashing? It has become the tired norm. Some users would blame it on WIS for their questionable customer service, but who is posting here and generally driving the tone, really what is the point?
2/2/2010 2:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gin_caesar on 2/02/2010I'm not taking that action.

Don't blame you gin... but its not the first timme he's said that.

or the second.

or the third.

or the....
2/2/2010 3:15 PM
This post could not be converted. To view the original post's thread, click here.
2/2/2010 4:49 PM
This post could not be converted. To view the original post's thread, click here.
2/2/2010 5:18 PM
just read this wild thread......

macphisto...i cant stop laughing at that pic combined with that quote....just amazing

seble....please lift the posting ban on monkee...as a newer owner then most i can say that the games few flaws jump out at you pretty clearly when you start getting into the game.....and any user going into the forums that sees monkee and anyone else giving you crap over it will more likely think "yea hes got a point but i already knew this and he needs to relax" then "hell yea! this guy is leading the revelution! down with wis!"....most of us know updates will come when they can and are happy playing the game until it happens...personally i love wis, i gave up the little time i spent on video games for it....but what does make me mad(and others im sure) is that its hard to get people out of the open leagues and joining some of the theme leagues...which are more exciting and user oriented....i didnt know monkee long but every theme league i joined he had a team or 2 or 3 in and i enjoyed competing against him....to punish him is kinda like punishing all of us that participate in those leagues as it will be now even harder to get them filled...thank you

2/2/2010 6:28 PM
◂ Prev 1...4|5|6|7|8...10 Next ▸
fyi - vis Monkee’s silence Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.