ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

Nope.  But you're dealing with a 'tard.
12/10/2012 7:33 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 12/10/2012 2:30:00 PM (view original):
Let's keep them low scoring. 
Am I a man of my word?
12/11/2012 11:52 AM
I think it's just more a case of you succumbing to my will.
12/11/2012 2:06 PM
Would you classify Paul Tagliabue's ruling yesterday as a public de-balling of Roger Goodell?
12/12/2012 8:31 AM

Seemed like a wishy-washy, I-don't-want-to-make-anyone-mad decision.    Pretty much what Arkanasa did with the West Memphis Three.  

12/12/2012 9:02 AM
Does ratings always guide your decisions (as opposed to stats)? For example, I'm about 50 games into a season and some guys are hitting better than expected, some worse. Should I reconfigure my lineup based on how guys are performing this season?

I guess the larger question is: does there appear to be a sort of "multiplier" that affects how a guy performs season to season relative to his ratings? Is there a hotness or streak effect where a guy goes on a roll? Or is all this variance we see just chance?
12/12/2012 11:47 AM
Ratings run the game.  That's how I set my line-ups.  However, IMO, only a fool continues to do the same thing if it's not working.   Logic says the 80/80/80/80/80 player will hit eventually.   But keeping him in the 3 hole while he's at .220/.242/.313 after 150 AB is borderline stupid.   I make changes in my batting order every 20 games or so.  I have a tough time putting that 80s guy on the bench but I do cut his playing time(assuming he's not capable of 162 games) by playing his sub periodically.   For me, the roughest thing is pulling the sub if he's .330/.360/.425 even though his ratings say he's a .240 hitter.

It's just chance.  There are no streaks, multipliers or "bad" seasons programmed into the game.    If you roll dice and hit double sixes 9 times in a row, it doesn't mean the sixes have any better, or worse, chance of coming up the next time.   All other things being equal, the 90 power guy will hit more homers than the 80 power guy over the course of time

Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Greg Wood is a good example of a guy I don't bench despite his uneven results.   But he has hit everywhere from 2-8 in my line-up..
12/12/2012 12:04 PM
how much do you let your star ml pitchers play during spring training?
12/13/2012 8:12 AM
I try to get all my pitchers in 3 games.   I have 6 SP(all minor league prospects or, maybe, a 3rd/4th year pro who got an early call-up) and the rest are SuA.  Once my BL pitchers get in three games, they're done.    Of course, if you look in the Mantle headline box, you'll see I just got kicked in the sack. Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Matt Christensen
12/13/2012 9:11 AM
I just found an IFA (with 20 in Int Scouting) with a current batting line of 36/77/69/55/71, projected to 49/90/99/76/87. He projects (realistically) to be an average LF or above average 1B defensively. Health is 75/83, makeup is 79/94.

The big issue is durability. He is currently 56, but projected to 93. That's a huge gap, but he's only 18 and with good health and makeup, he probably will progress as well as anyone.

I room in my budget to go all in on an IFA if I want to. It's early in the season though, the amateur draft list isn't even out. My question is twofold, 1) how good do you think this guy is going to be and 2) is he worth going $20MM+ in bonus to get?
12/13/2012 9:28 AM
i saw that. that prompted my inquiry. i let my good ml pitchers (starters and relievers both) play in one game, then rest them for the remainder of st. i never take notice of things, but are my guys getting penalized for not participating enough in st? i always try to avoid injuries like the one your guy got when it's not even a real game yet.
12/13/2012 9:28 AM
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/mlb/story/_/id/8741549/don-mattingly-los-angeles-dodgers-says-fans-media-create-unfair-expectations

is donnie baseball a crying *****? trying to make excuses up beforehand in case the dodgers suck (which they just might do)?
12/13/2012 9:32 AM
I don't think he gets anywhere near 93 DUR.   Maybe 80ish as 37 points is a long way to go.   And that's assuming you have 20m in training.   To me, your guy looks like a similar, yet different, version of Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Kevin Ryu.  I paid 25+m for him.    To me, everything but DUR and VL look achieveable.  Of course, he'll probably fall a bit short in all of them but he should be "in the ballpark" with the others.

As you can see with Christensen, he was still improving.  If a guy is still improving, he should get some ST activity.  I don't think one game is enough as I don't always get everyone into 3 and it appears the ones that get shorted never improve as much as the rest.

Donnie Baseball is my favorite Yankee.  STFU.   And tell him to do the same if you run across him.

12/13/2012 9:54 AM
holy crapballs. would you have predicted the angels signing hamilton? assuming the halos release wells or at least trade trumbo or bourjos for pitching, are they a better team than the rangers now overall?
12/13/2012 2:58 PM
The 20m market was pretty limited and the Angels were 1 of the 6 I felt might do it.    NYY/BOS/PHI/CHC/LAD,  With Boston content to suck, George's boys intent on cutting payroll and the Dodgers signing Grienke, that made it 3.   I didn't think anyone would give him 5 years.
12/13/2012 3:10 PM
◂ Prev 1...685|686|687|688|689...1151 Next ▸
ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.