ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

I offered to give a guy at work a hug, because he was forced to stay over 4hrs, but he said he couldn't hug me because he is homophobic. Does this mean that he thinks I'm gay, and therefore can't hug me, or is he saying that he can't hug any guy, because it reminds him of gayness?
2/12/2014 1:03 PM
Pretty sure he thinks you're gay.   Random hugging really hasn't hit it's stride yet for men.   We kind of do the handshake or fist bump. 
2/12/2014 1:17 PM
Was booger's question really just a veiled attempt for him to come out of the closet?

Why was he trying to hug a dude at work?  Isn't that gay?

Have you ever hugged one of your drivers?
2/12/2014 1:19 PM
It may have been.  I can't be sure because he's never just said "Dude, I'd like to hug you" to me.

Evidently he had to work late.  Hugging a dude because he had to work late does seem a tad gay.

I have not.  Seems like a sexual harrassment lawsuit.   booger will probably come up on charges soon enough. 
2/12/2014 1:23 PM
This has probably been asked somewhere before, is it better for a pitcher to have fewer pitches, or more pitches with bad ratings.

E.g.
 Starting Pitcher A, has 3 ptiches: 80, 75,70
Starting Pticher B has 5 pitches: 80, 75, 70, 35, 20
2/12/2014 3:45 PM
I'm not sure what the cut-off is for "bad".   I once thought it was 30 but a DITR lost a couple of points on a pitch in the upper 30s.   To me, that indicated SIMMY was treating that as a bad pitch.    Don't think that answers your question but I ignore the 5th pitch and penalize a guy for having a 4th lower than 40.   But it's a minor penalty.    I'm not dumping two identical players, san pitches, because one guy has 87/80/75/35 and the other is 82/78/72. 
2/12/2014 4:02 PM
But you'd prefer the one with just 3 pitches right?
2/12/2014 4:13 PM

As I said, I'm not sure what constitutes a "bad" pitch.    If everything was identical and one pitcher had a 4th pitch of 35, I'd probably go with the other guy.   But, other than the DITR dropping a few points on a high 30s pitch, I have no evidence that 40 is the cut-off.

2/12/2014 4:16 PM
What would your reaction be if one of your drivers came up to you and said, "BossT23, I'm getting a sex change."?
2/12/2014 9:42 PM
"How long will you be out?"(which is an answer, not a question).  
2/12/2014 9:46 PM
How has this guy been able to OPS over .800 every season with such such poor splits/eye? I know he has a ton of of power, but his BA /OBP seem higher than it should, doesn't it?

Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Rip Keeler
2/13/2014 9:49 AM
With power/contact over 90, it's not that far out of line.   Splits/eye are definitely below league averages but, depending on the world, that OPS isn't crazy.
2/13/2014 10:09 AM
I know you're a big Jeter/Mattingly guy, and they're similar in that they're the "come to work, work hard, try to say the right thing" kind of guys.  Before Mattingly, I know Reggie was a big deal.  But were you a big fan of him, considering how different his personality was to Mattingly/Jeter? Did you have a favorite Yankee in the late 70s/early 80s?
2/13/2014 1:52 PM

Horace Clarke was my first favorite Yankee.   No reason other than he played 2B for the Yankees and I played 2B for my Little League Yankees.   Sort of morphed into Roy White then Thurman Munson.  I only half-assed followed baseball at the end of HS/beginning of college so it was awhile before I recognized Mattingly.  Despite popular belief, Mattingly/Jeter aren't my favorite players.   I don't really think I've had one since the late 70s.    You reach a point where saying "He's my favorite player" seems a bit weird.  But, anyway, you're right.  I like the guys who put their head down and go to work more than the "I'm the straw that stirs the drink" sort of players.   But, during Reggie's time, I liked him well enough.  I probably wouldn't care for him so much now as my attitude towards flamboyance on/off the field has changed.

2/13/2014 3:19 PM

Somebody in a world I'm currently helping out with recently made the following statement about pitcher's GB/FB rating in the WC:

"gb:fb ratio doesn't have an impact on HRs given up. it merely designates out type. So a low gb:fb will cost you DP opportunities and cause you to give up more sac flies. That's it."

Agree, or disagree, especially on the first part about HR's?

2/14/2014 6:12 AM
◂ Prev 1...782|783|784|785|786...1151 Next ▸
ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.