ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

If I've been very "I'm voting all incumbents out of Congress" but plan on voting for an incumbent in the House, does that make me a horrible hypocrite? 

If yes, would it make you feel better if this person was a Republican?

11/4/2014 9:16 AM

Tough question.   I've been voting much the same way for quite some time.  However, as I perused the candidates over the last few weeks, the incumbent Republicans seem like much better options.   In addition, the Dem candidates, incumbent and hopefuls, seemed to have a lot more negative ads this time.  I'm a few hours from voting and I don't know if I'll continue to vote against incumbents or for who I think will be the better option.   But, to answer your question, it's your vote.  You shouldn't feel like a hypocrite unless you've been touting one candidate and vote for another.

11/4/2014 9:27 AM
Why is my bullpen absolute ***?

Ratings: http://i.imgur.com/VL9ZLBr.png
Stats: http://i.imgur.com/eNS9ZU7.png
11/5/2014 12:03 AM
Are you surprised at the magnitude of the republican victory last night in the Senate, House, and Governor races?
11/5/2014 7:01 AM
would you say you had sitemail from me?
11/5/2014 7:29 AM
You give up a lot of homers.

No.  Hope and Change has been Hopelessness and Same Old, Same Old.   So, of course, people vote change.  And the table will shift again in 4-8 years.

No.
11/5/2014 8:10 AM
Who will be the nominees for each party in the 2016 presidential election? Clinton or Warren for Dems? Does Cruz have a chance for the Repubs?
11/5/2014 9:15 AM
Clinton seems like a gimme for the Dems.  I think the Repubs are still up in the air.  For some reason, I think Christie still has life as a Prez candidate. 
11/5/2014 9:18 AM
Is tracyr still around?
11/5/2014 12:52 PM
Not for a couple of years.
11/5/2014 12:57 PM
Do you think this toy figurine of Russell Wilson is black enough?
11/5/2014 2:01 PM
So a 50-ish GB/FB rating doesn't really equate to average, it's more negative than that? My staff is giving up league average homers both overall and at home. Do you think lowering the target and max PCs by 5 would potentially help or worsen the stats?
11/5/2014 2:03 PM
My guess is that they were trying to make Wilson's teammates happy.

I don't pay much attention to GB/FB unless it's two very similar guys.   20ish GB/FB seems to become a problem.  Other owners are much more committed to higher numbers so 50 probably isn't average in most worlds.   Generally, if I have a RP that getting blasted, I'll drop his PC to 15/20.  That's an inning.  I didn't dig into your RP game logs but, because it's SSS, sometimes you have to look at successful outings instead of overall stats.   Based on 50 innings, 2 three run homers will equate to more than 1 run in ERA.    So a pitcher could have had 48 pretty successful one inning outings with an ERA of 3 and two bad outings to end up with a 4+ ERA. 
11/5/2014 2:13 PM
So I'll pick Mahay for the sake of this discussion...in the past month he's had 13 outings for 10 innings and given up 12 runs on 13 hits with 3 HR in that span. Of his outings, 7 have yielded 0 runs in 5 and 2/3 innings. In 3 of his outings with multiple runs given up he's gone 1 and 1/3 innings with 9 runs given up. 

I think I got there in a roundabout way but my objective by pointing out these stats is to try and figure out whether or not this is considered "successful" for a RP? Obviously dominance each outing isn't an option but giving up a run every other outing is so frustrating.
11/5/2014 2:21 PM
Look at it big picture.   55 outings, 9 multi-run outings.   Obviously unsuccessful.    32 shutout outings.   Quite successful.
16% of the time he's unsuccessful
58% of the time he's successful
It's the other 26% of the time, the other 14 outings, that is in question. 

I'd be very disappointed if my RP was successful 58% of the time.   I'd be content if 84% of his outings were favorable.   So I guess it's what you're expecting.  FWIW, 80% shutout outings is not realistic in HBD.
11/5/2014 2:38 PM
◂ Prev 1...848|849|850|851|852...1151 Next ▸
ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.