ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

Just read the "Amateur Draft Board Rating Accuracy vs. Visibility" thread and see where you were talking about "normal" improvement as well as outliers who vastly exceeded "normal", and those who did worse than normal.

I have a chance to acquire Jack Wood  via trade. He was the 18th overall draft pick last season and was 22. He qualifies as an already bad BL pitcher, which you cited in that thread. I am worried due to his 55 makeup and he's already age 23. So I have a few questions.

What is the least development you've seen out of a guy like this? 
If he gains only 10 across the board he'd be a solid middle of the rotation guy or better (mid 80ish control, 70+ splits). Am I wrong?
Is he a pretty sure thing or would you consider him a gamble due to age/MU?
12/31/2014 5:34 PM
Took me awhile to find a 22 y/o draftee of mine who had 50ish make-up who had a BL career.    But here he is:  Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Tyrone Harrelson   As you can see, 12-13 improvement in splits from first full season to peak.   So he probably improved 14-15 overall.    So if your guy improves 12-14, you've got 70+ splits which will make him a respectable BL pitcher.     Your problem is his pitches.   It's 50/50 that he gets one in the 70s.   That drags his value down.    I'd consider him a gamble to be a solid BL starter.   Harrelson was slightly below league average(as his splits suggest he would be) but he had much better pitches than what I think Wood will end up with.
12/31/2014 6:09 PM
Was $7.4mil to much to spend on a 92 rated PC?
12/31/2014 10:41 PM
My ace was injured quite a while before the playoffs. I made sure he was not just eligible, but on the playoff roster though concurrently on the 60 day DL before the playoffs started. I'm up 2-0 in the NLDS and he has 10 days left before he can come off the DL. The way I understand it, (should I make the NLCS) I should remove someone from my playoff roster between series so that I am at 24/25 and then when he comes off of the 60 DL. He would be immediately eligible to start game 5 (should I not have been swept). Do I have that correct? If I am incorrect, and I happen to make it, he would be good to go for the WS, right?
1/1/2015 5:10 AM
YOU HAVE  1 DOLLAR, AND YER AT A JUKEBOX, WHAT IS THE ONE SONG YOU'D PLAY?
1/1/2015 5:16 AM
What do you make of ex-Bills coach Maronne leaving? Is he headed to the Jets?
1/1/2015 10:09 AM
I think so.

He has to be on your playoff roster before a series starts.   Pretty sure you can't add players during a series.

Would depend on my mood.    In a Skynyrd mood today.   Tuesday's gone.    Could easily be Revelations by Audioslave this afternoon or any number of Pearl Jam or AC/DC tunes. 

That seems to be the consensus.   Someone has had talks with someone before he opted out.  Charges of tampering will surface no matter where he ends up.
1/1/2015 11:28 AM
Is it me or does HBD seem to be simming later than normal lately? I mean, my 11:45 world is not simmed until noon or later. Kinda blows, no?
1/1/2015 12:04 PM
It's running late today.  
1/1/2015 12:09 PM
Would you believe the answer to my problem was to take him off the DL, now with 7 days until he is no long per injured, and place him on the roster between the DS and the CS, which I have now done? How is it that I made it through 60 completed seasons with out knowing you could take a guy off the DL that was still injured as long as the 15 or in this case 60 days had passed?
1/2/2015 4:30 AM
Once the DL block goes from red to green, you can remove the player from the DL list.
1/2/2015 7:58 AM
how was your new years?
1/2/2015 8:07 AM
I'M A MUSLIM, INFIDEL!!!!   Oh, wait, Muslims have new years too.   It was OK, we haven't done anything in years.  You get older and realize "This is a really bad night to be on the road."   Watched football all day yesterday. 
1/2/2015 8:25 AM
How 'bout them big fat Midwestern guys?
1/2/2015 11:17 AM

LOL.   Dude moves from Brazil, gets fat and kicks for WI.

1/2/2015 12:23 PM
◂ Prev 1...860|861|862|863|864...1151 Next ▸
ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.