ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

No weirder than you spelling wierd differently in the same sentence.
2/18/2015 4:39 PM
Alex Rivera (http://whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/PlayerProfile.aspx?pid=3395002) in Long Haul just picked WS ring #9. Impressive? He's a FA this summer. Isn't safer to sign him just in case he's got some mystical, magical thing going on like the girl in Men in Black 2 (i.e. It rains BECAUSE she's sad)?
2/19/2015 2:02 AM
That's a theory.   I think I'd be more likely to spend money on good players though.
2/19/2015 6:30 AM
what is the most amount of WS rings you have seen one player get?
2/19/2015 11:22 AM
2/19/2015 11:27 AM
I think the question was about an actual HBD player and not a team owner.

Where would you play  Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Darryl Schourek for defense? A semi-average RF, above-average LF, potentially average CF?
2/19/2015 12:58 PM
Looking through the FAQ section, I found this:

"Players go through several development cycles throughout the season. They typically occur a consistent number of days apart. However, significant transactions can adjust this schedule. For instance, if a player is traded, claimed off waivers, promoted or demoted at a time that is pretty close to when they would have had a development cycle, they will go through a development cycle immediately. This takes the place of their regularly scheduled development cycle. Their next one will then occur sooner than typical. It's setup this way so everyone will go through approximately the same number of development/aging cycles but each dev cycle is tied to the coaching and training and medical staff of the team the player was with at the time of the cycle."

The last sentence really stuck me. Does this mean that your Medical budget could affect player development?
2/19/2015 1:37 PM
 Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Hub Berg   Will he be a decent player ?. I know he has suspect health. I claimed him off waivers after the season ended and I think with his speed, etc he could be a decent player for me. I was wondering your thoughts and if you would bat him lead off even though his endurance is mediocre?
2/19/2015 2:59 PM

That is not a question.   And don't get me started on the Gleeman worlds.

Horrible CF.   Good RF or LF.   Not quite GG but pretty good.

Medical budget will affect improvement after injury and the significance of said injury.   IOW, 0 Medical will lead to debilitating hangnails from which your player will miss 108 days and never fully recover.   

He's a bench guy.   Can play against LH and be used as a PR. 

2/19/2015 3:37 PM
Can I get you started on the Gleeman worlds? I played in both & am curious to know your thoughts.
2/19/2015 4:42 PM
Hearsay and whatnot.  But, back in the day, this is what I understood:   Aaron Gleeman has a blog.    He recruited his owners via said blog.   In the eyes of his sycophants, he could do no wrong.   Sort of like some 19 y/o chick nailing the ugly ******* dude from Nickelback because he's in a rock band and he's "famous".   Because of this, he was able to make some ridiculous trades.   Should someone dare say "Hey, that doesn't look right", they'd by shouted down by said sycophants and, possibly, the Supreme Being himself.   Nonetheless, I'm not overly impressed by any wins/titles that comes out of those worlds.

I should add that it's pretty much a self-contained community so no harm, no foul.   I played in one where there were 20+ real life friends/co-workers.   I said "Hey, that doesn't look right" when a deal was submitted and was promptly told "We allow that here.  We know one another."   To which I responded "Well, I don't know any of you bastards.   Hang a ******* sign outside so us strangers won't wander in."    One and done but I did win my divsion. 
2/19/2015 4:57 PM (edited)
I haven't found an issue with GleemanWorld2 yet, but I can't say that what you say might be untrue. He's got some diesel teams. My instincts say they didn't come together out of nowhere. But I'm not a fanboy. I can't be. He's a goddamned Twins fan. Who the hell can take a Twins fan seriously?
2/19/2015 5:20 PM
I haven't looked into his worlds in years.   I only did it because someone who joined one of mine mentioned the "different atmosphere".   Which I think he meant the open contempt MG/Coop owners show for me.    Anyway, somebody has to be a Twins fan.   But no one has to take him seriously. 
2/19/2015 5:46 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/19/2015 6:30:00 AM (view original):
That's a theory.   I think I'd be more likely to spend money on good players though.
So is it a theory that it's impressive or are there just some questions that are meant to go unanswered?
2/19/2015 6:51 PM
I thought I did answer it.  I'm not signing a guy because he has a bunch of rings.  Hell, he might just be a gypsy.
2/19/2015 6:58 PM
◂ Prev 1...879|880|881|882|883...1151 Next ▸
ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.