ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

Posted by sjpoker on 2/19/2015 5:20:00 PM (view original):
I haven't found an issue with GleemanWorld2 yet, but I can't say that what you say might be untrue. He's got some diesel teams. My instincts say they didn't come together out of nowhere. But I'm not a fanboy. I can't be. He's a goddamned Twins fan. Who the hell can take a Twins fan seriously?
Hey, sometimes you just root for the home team, you know?
2/19/2015 11:25 PM
That's old school thinking.    There was a time when the only team you could see play was the home team.   That's not true anymore.   And, other than location, "home team" probably isn't even "home".    People move much more than they did in the past and, in all likelihood, a team isn't going to have any, or few, players from nearby. 
2/20/2015 5:49 AM

I'm assuming that was not a question.

2/20/2015 8:10 AM
Where do you stand on the mass retiring of Yankee numbers?
2/20/2015 12:06 PM
Less so than the HOF but I think, the more you add, the less it means.    I really liked Bernie(my dog's name so I can yell "Goddammit, Bernie!! Go get the ball" like I did with Williams), Pettite and Posada but are they worthy of retired numbers?   Ehhhhh, I don't know about that.   I don't mind the plaques in Monument Park at all.
2/20/2015 12:22 PM
What is the largest improvement you've ever seen in a prospect's Ratings from one season to the next (not counting DitR)?
2/20/2015 6:25 PM
At what point does it stop giving you a pick for a draftee that didn't sign with your initial offer? I thought I remember reading 5th round somewhere but honestly have no clue. I've got a 34th overall pick that has the red X with a "Refused Offer, Won't Sign This Season" and then I have the 532nd overall pick with a blue X that says "Rejected." 

Furthermore, for the 34th overall pick, does that signify the potential for him to be included in next year's draft, or the Free Agent pool at the beginning of the season, or neither?
2/20/2015 6:27 PM
12 overall.    Slammin' Sammy Davis in Happy Jack.   Sadly, Happy Jack merged and Sammy's exploits are forever gone. 

I think it's 3rd round.   Either way, I doubt it matters if it's later than the 3rd round.   Pickins get pretty slim after that.

If he's a college senior he might be.
2/20/2015 8:01 PM
Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Steve Clark Improved from 57 to 71. Do you think because the owner who drafted him had only 7 in training in his first year that he fell behind and then "caught up" once I improved the training budget?
2/20/2015 8:18 PM (edited)
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/19/2015 5:46:00 PM (view original):
I haven't looked into his worlds in years.   I only did it because someone who joined one of mine mentioned the "different atmosphere".   Which I think he meant the open contempt MG/Coop owners show for me.    Anyway, somebody has to be a Twins fan.   But no one has to take him seriously. 
Yes someone has to be a Twins fan. For the last 4 years we have been Twins fans under the cover of a brown paper bag:(  Terry Ryan outlived his usefulness years ago.

Has anyone bothered looking at the other Minnesota sports teams lately? Rotten to the cores. I think Zimmer will bring the Vikings back from the dead finally just as Jerry Kill is in the process of doing with the U of Minn.

2/20/2015 9:42 PM
I don't think it works that way but I can't quite figure out why he jumped that much.   DUR only improved by 11.    Odd.

Of course no one has bothered looking at MN sports lately.    As you say, they all suck.
2/21/2015 7:26 AM
Except for the Wolves. There's a future there!

Does it bug you when other owners in your world have guys playing in minors that are at less than 90 percent? If the private world has a rule to maintain your minor league teams, would you say playing guys below even 95 would be considered neglect?
2/21/2015 10:48 AM
No.  I'm not a "MAINTAIN YOUR MINORS!!!" guy because most of those rules are based around fatigued pitching.   ****** pitching is ****** pitching.   I ran a test of tryout camp pitchers.   0% was just as effective as 100%.   They all suck.    As long as the games sim, I'm not worried about your minors.   Give my prospects more AB if you like.  Thanks for the help.     That said, I've found that owners with 12-132 team records throughout their minors leave nothing behind when they go. 
2/21/2015 12:35 PM
Here's a unique situation.  In Spahn, I just got three messages at the PM2 cycle from IFAs.  These were $50k guys who nobody in their right mind would ever offer a contract to.  Even stranger...only two signed with me.  The third signed with another team...and again, I stress: these are not guys that ANYBODY would offer a contract to, let alone two teams.  Have you ever seen this?
2/21/2015 7:29 PM
At the end of the season, sure.  60ish games in, no.
2/22/2015 6:53 AM
◂ Prev 1...880|881|882|883|884...1151 Next ▸
ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.