ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

If you're sure, I'd suggest it.   There's two things I believe that are of the utmost importance in keeping HBD "alive":    1.  Helping the new guys understand the game.  HBD can be frustrating so providing them with bullshit info is going to make it worse(which is why I'm such a dick to those who do this).   2.  Clean up the game by eliminating the bad apples(even if some consider me to be one) from your world.   One bad owner, whether it be an alias, a tanker, an *******, can ruin a world for many others.
2/28/2015 7:15 AM
I dont know what to do Mike.  

I have five impending FA's, which could yield 3 type A's and 2 tybe B's.  And some other Arb guys so I cant afford them all.

Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Felipe Megias
 Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Rico Paniagua
 Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Salvador Padilla
 Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Vic Corino
 Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Midre Johnstone

So since I dont know who will and won't re-sign, Im cautious on how to budget.  I can try to re-sign them all, or pass and take the draft picks.  What would you do?

2/28/2015 3:50 PM
Without even looking at them, you have a 106 win team and 29m in payroll.  If I wanted to continue down the same 100 win path, I'd sign all of them if I didn't have a suitable replacement. 
2/28/2015 5:10 PM
Well the suspected alias and original account were both removed by WifS. That leads me to believe customer support found evidence proving it. Would you agree?
2/28/2015 5:59 PM
If you had just told me who they were, I wouldn't have to point out that this is NOT true:

Quote post by frymaster99 on 2/22/2015 8:20:00 PM:
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/22/2015 6:33:00 PM (view original):
Posted by frymaster99 on 2/22/2015 5:27:00 PM (view original):
Uecker.
Normally, in order to avoid a ******* match, I'd let this go.

You've got two teams racing to the bottom and one of them has won less than 40 in 2 of the last three seasons.

Clean that **** up before touting your world as "good". 
And if those owners fail to meet the MWR, they'll be replaced by an owner who can.
2/28/2015 7:25 PM
That is not a question but the fact that you aren't booting an owner who will miss the MWR is a fact.    As I said in that thread, clean that **** up before claiming your world is "good". 
2/28/2015 7:37 PM
There's nothing wrong with finding a different alternative that punishes a franchise without kicking them out. That being said, should I post a thread with the usernames of the aliases we found?
2/28/2015 7:42 PM
The objective of a MWR is to force owners to compete.    The owner in question had 38m payroll.    What you're doing is allowing him to build his team via tanking with the threat of "Don't do that again or I'm gonna tell your momma!!!!"    I've already answered that question, although, with WifS removing them, I'm assuming they won't be back. 
2/28/2015 7:55 PM
Just took over a team in shoeless joe, and <a href="http://www.whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/PlayerProfile.aspx?pid=4800833" target="_blank">Kenneth Randall</a>&#160;has a $5mil buyout, should I let him walk or pay him the full $20mil
2/28/2015 8:36 PM
I'd keep him.   He should be a Type A next season and he'll either be much cheaper or you'll get a comp pick.    It's not like he sucks.   He's not worth 20m but he can play.
2/28/2015 8:52 PM
I have a AAA pitcher I'd like to bring up to the majors for a spot start.  AAA season is over, my team has the first round bye.  The pitcher is on my 40 and has all three options.  Do I have to keep him up for a minimum amount of time, or are there any other problems with bringing him up and sending him back down like this? 

3/2/2015 3:15 PM
Send him back down when the regular season ends.   Not sure if he'd risk a demotion penalty but there's no reason to rush him back to AAA.   I know, if you demote a player, that he isn't eligible to be promoted again for 10 HBD days.
3/2/2015 3:32 PM
can you explain mathematically how extreme I can get as far as 'distributing an offer more equally' or whatever the free agent tells you? I want to know how much I can go especially towards the later years of an offer without it being out of whack enough to get rejected for that right off.
3/3/2015 3:33 PM
Season - This is the actual season salary that you would like to offer the player. Season 1 refers to the first season in which the player is not already under contract with your franchise. So, if the player is currently arbitration eligible and has not gone through an arbitration hearing, season 1 means this current season. If the player is in the final year of his contract with your team and will soon become a free agent, season 1 indicates the next Hardball Dynasty season. In a two-year contract, neither season can comprise more than 60% of the total value of the contract. In a three-year contract, no season can comprise more than 40% of the total value of the contract. In a four-year contract, no season can comprise more than 30% of the total value of the contract. In a five-year contract, no season can comprise more than 25% or less than 10% of the total value of the contract. There is a maximum allowable offer of $20 million for any season.
3/3/2015 3:53 PM
If I play this guy in left field a season, how many errors/ minus plays would you expect from him?

http://whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/PlayerProfile.aspx?pid=4882138
3/3/2015 11:55 PM
◂ Prev 1...884|885|886|887|888...1151 Next ▸
ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.