ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

Guess who I found in the forums last night (see the 9:11pm and 10:54pm posts)?

Did you have any idea that these two were still active on WIS?

3/27/2015 7:20 AM
The correct answer is "Don't ask dumb questions."

Santa and The Easter Bunny!!!   I assumed arlen was still around.   I assumed uncleal was one of those who would disappear.
3/27/2015 8:28 AM
We were talking about this in Riley (still 2 spots open.) and I'm curious to see what you think. Some reporters are saying A-Rod was the 'perfect baseball player' in his hayday. 1) Do you agree? 2) In your years in the sim, who did you see who was the perfect player? The perfect pitcher? and 3) Have you ever seen a 100 speed 100 Baserunning IQ player? If so, how many bases did he steal in his career?
3/27/2015 11:21 AM

1. Perfection is to be strived for but it is not achieveable.   So, no, I don't agree. 
2. There have been players who put up ridiculous numbers but, in order to be "perfect", a batter must hit 1.000 and a pitcher must throw nothing but no-hitters.
3. I wouldn't be surprised if there were some but I haven't seen them.

3/27/2015 11:30 AM
Ok so then (painting around the fence) who was the best player you had ever seen in terms of either stats or just raw ratings?
3/27/2015 11:39 AM
Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Bill Hall, with his single digit health, was ridiculous. 

Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: David Ramirez, an injury bug guy, wasn't necessarily the best pitcher I've ever seen but he logged so many good innings for so many seasons, I think I'd take him from the pitcher category.

I'll add that I had a guy named Doc Woods in Mike Greenwell, long gone, who was Hall's match in ratings.   But he also had low health so, since I only played two seasons in Greenwell, I don't know how he fared.
3/27/2015 11:57 AM (edited)
I've never had this happen to my regular team, so I've never noticed it before.

I'm babysitting a derelict team right now, the owner went AWOL about a month ago so many of the pitchers started racking up long term injuries.  Six in total.

Just now, with one game to go in the season, I got injury mail updates on all of them.  "Progressing well but..." blah blah blah.  So they all got their injury bumps...

Including the guy who just got injured last night, and who I just put on the DL this morning.  He got his first injury bump within two hours.  I've had players go weeks and weeks without any recovery update.

So... am I to conclude that these things happen at regularly pre-scheduled intervals, and are not individual to the player?

3/27/2015 12:58 PM
Yeah, that's the last injury recovery cycle they'll get this season.   Happens with all of them.   That's why I say the devasting injury after game 104 or so is so bad.  One recovery cycle only.
3/27/2015 1:16 PM
3/28/2015 3:32 PM
In 200+ innings, he produced some unremarkable stats.   I'd be tempted to use him as a SP if he was one of my 5 best but, due to his stats, I'm not sure he holds up well when he get into 40 pitches.    I'd put him at SuA with a PC of 30/35. 
3/29/2015 7:25 AM
36 DUR/ 30 PC - 60 GMS/120 INN?
3/29/2015 4:58 PM
Did you see deandg is back? Think he'll do videos again?
3/29/2015 5:21 PM
That's reasonable expectations.

deano did the videos.  No idea who deandg is.
3/29/2015 7:44 PM
when do intls stop showing up during the season? I have a ton of prospect $ in one of my worlds and nobody good to spend it on
3/31/2015 7:48 AM
The world schedule says it's the end of the regular season.   I can't recall seeing one after game 150ish. 
3/31/2015 8:28 AM
◂ Prev 1...895|896|897|898|899...1151 Next ▸
ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.