ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

I am not.

I'll admit that I only skimmed the "under the hood" improvements noted in the announcement of such.    I thought that might have been one of the updates mentioned.   I stopped caring at "under the hood" because it doesn't directly affect the games played.

I felt he was referring to "we" as the user base.

That certainly makes a lot of sense because, after going back and fully reading the improvement announcement, it's not there.   So firsthand experience would be the obvious answer.    Perhaps commissioners should be on the look out in TotW worlds for new users with long names.
4/9/2015 11:31 AM
Where do they post the updates? Under critical news the last update I can see was made in 2013.
4/9/2015 11:47 AM
Do you believe the following statements are true?

My alias/alt id's are barrowboy and alykaramazov.

I "discovered" this when logging into on wife's iPad which of course did not have my login info saved and instead of topoftheworl filling the box as it always had there was room left so I kept typing to see how far it would it would go. I then had to eraise the extra letters to avoid an unsuccessful login.

M_a questions were a bit hostile consider the self-deprecating nature of the question.
4/9/2015 5:52 PM
I was having fun. I actually laughed about three different times when reading Mike's "new users with long names" statement. 
(I re-read it that many times awaiting tops response).

I wanted to say "Exactly!" but it wasn't a question so I didn't bother.

And for the record, the change is not real.

I am actually a habitual alias creator and upon reading tops question I immediately tried to create a new account, but was still limited to 12 characters, which was disappointing and prompted me to instigate in the first place.

Tongue-in-cheek doesn't play so well on forums does it?
4/9/2015 6:24 PM
I have no reason to believe it's not true.   And I checked your recently rolled world for new users with super long names.   Obviously, there were none.  Outing aliases is fun.    Can't believe no one cared when I discovered Sim Soxs alias.   I guess he's pretty self-contained in his 'tard worlds.

No one likes to be accused of having an alias.   Except me.   I don't give damn. 
4/9/2015 6:58 PM
Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Darren Telgheder

Can I live with this guy's glove at C?

I already have a good defensive catcher with a little thump. His bat isn't as good.

Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Al Jimenez

My pitching wasn't fantastic last year and I played a guy with a good bat who I sent to RF. So I had Jimenez in as my starter with his 90 PC. I also upgraded my starters a bit.

So would you enter the season with an upgrade in Catching and see how the hitting holds out, or would you enter the season with better hitting and see how the pitching/defense does?

4/10/2015 1:07 PM
Ugh.   The A/S will be a problem.    Teams with any SPD/BR are going to have track meet.     So it kind of depends on the world.   I can't recall playing a C with 44 A/S.  I just feel that's going to be awful.     Worst case scenario, start DT with AJ as D-R.    If the SB is so horrendous that you can't tolerate it, just start AJ.
4/10/2015 1:32 PM
Earlier, possibly even in another thread, someone made the observation that  an ideal catcher would have low arm strenghth but great accuaracy, so that runners woukld attempt more and get thrown out more, and you replied, yes but those guys are hard to find.

Now I understand 44 is pretty pathetic for a catcher, and his Accuracy is below recs also, but what about 60/80. Would that be acceptable?
IOW, how low does an A/S rating have to be before it negates the desired effect (described above) of his 80 or 90+ A/A?
4/10/2015 2:23 PM
I use C with 60 A/S.    That seems to be good enough to "tempt" teams into stealing.    A/A around 70 produces a "league average" CS.    So 60/70ish works well enough for me.    I assume 80 A/A would work really well.    You might find a guy like that as an aging C losing physical ratings.    I'm not sure how low would negate the usefulness of an 80 A/A but 44 seems to be in the range of horrible.    I don't know that I've used less than upper 50s.
4/10/2015 2:37 PM
What is the oddest injury you have seen? I just had a AA pitcher go down for 283 days for Shoulder Surgery. The odd thing is that he hasn't pitched since March 29. I guess too much rest hurt him?
4/10/2015 3:08 PM
Just took a look at my world, last season... team with the second most SB against and worst CS% (.200), his primary catcher had a 48/61 arm.  The backup was 58/50, which is just horrible.

I know you don't need corroboration, but I just happened to find an almost exact match.  Don't mind, do ya?

4/10/2015 3:10 PM
Those are considered(at least should be) as pitcher felt a twinge in his last outing and was pulled.    After the MRI the next day(or day after), a tear in the shoulder was discovered.   If you think about it, that's exactly how it works in the real world.   Dude doesn't feel right, maybe sits a day or two, still doesn't feel right and they send him to the doc.   Oopsie, torn rotator cuff.  No wonder he didn't feel right.

Nope, not at all.
4/10/2015 3:17 PM
All good advice. I did some thinking and I'm gonna err on the side of defense. I can play Telgheder as a DH for now and as the first bat off the bench in PH situations. I'm kinda getting the idea that defense is possibly the most important thing in the worlds I'm in...
4/10/2015 5:45 PM
I feel like there's an obvious answer here that I'm missing. On the team statistics page, why doesn't it show runs scored/RBI for batting stats when you narrow it down to home/away games?
4/10/2015 7:07 PM
◂ Prev 1...899|900|901|902|903...1151 Next ▸
ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.