ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

What happens if you lead for an international free agent but don't have the cap space (not prospect budget for the bonus but actual player budget) to sign him? Does he go to the number 2 team?
5/24/2015 11:11 PM
No, it doesn't bother me. 

There are.

I'm surprised the system allows th bid to be processed.    Try that with draft picks and you're told that you don't have cap room.   So, honestly, I don't know.
5/25/2015 10:09 AM
If you trade for a minor league prospect and put him at a lower level than where he was with the original team, does that hurt his growth in any way?  Example - I traded for a 20 year old with one year experience, thought he might be better off in AA, but ended up putting him in AAA because I was worried his feelings would be hurt.  (He was in AAA with the original team)
5/25/2015 11:40 AM (edited)
I've started them lower and have seen no ill effects. 
5/25/2015 12:11 PM
In past seasons I've lost the top bid on an IFA without any message saying so until they signed somewhere else. And just recently my 3rd round pick who was 'unsure. May go to college' did not raise his asking cost but then decided not to sign. Is there a glitch where I'm not getting messages or is WIS changing the way the signing process works?
5/26/2015 7:40 AM
The IFA thing has been that way for years.   I'm unsure if you're saying you never got a message about the draftee or if you're surprised he didn't ask for more.   Not asking for more has been around for years.   But I've always gotten a message saying he's decided to go to college.
5/26/2015 8:09 AM
Just for curiosity's sake... a fellow owner told me about a weird case.  Drafted a player in the 12th round who was "looking to be drafted in the first five."  The player's demand was 0$.  Owner offered $0, player came back and was willing to sign for a small increase... still $0.  Ever seen anything like that before?

5/26/2015 8:43 AM
I've seen players ask for $0.   Not that high in the draft and I haven't seen a guy ask for an increase to $0.
5/26/2015 8:55 AM
Settle an argument for my fiancee and me.  She says that playoff beards for HBD are weird, and that I should probably be committed for growing them every time my team is in the playoffs.  I say that not only are playoff beards not weird, and that I am not crazy for growing them, but that I should be allowed to grow a playoff beard every time one of my teams is in the playoffs, since it really doesn't happen all that often.

Who is right?
5/27/2015 8:27 PM
http://www.whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/PlayerProfile.aspx?pid=5032580

This guy decided that life would be better if he didn't own knees. Will the injury bug ever come possibly close to saving this guy or is he totally boned?
5/27/2015 8:30 PM
First, I'm not even believing a dude who grows a beard for his fake playoff team's run has a woman.   Second, if he does, he should probably marry her quickly before she realizes what's up.  Finally, if your woman tells you when/how to grow facial hair, you got bigger problems.

You're not getting 17 range back.    Best you can hope for is mid/upper 70s. 
5/27/2015 9:58 PM
How would you feel about playing a SS with defensive ratings of 90/87/90/68?
5/28/2015 7:49 PM
Like I was begging for errors.
5/29/2015 6:47 AM
With that SS, should mongoose invest in a protective screen in foul territory behind his first baseman, about 80' x 80', to prevent insurance liability issues stemming from injuries to unsuspecting (albeit imaginary) fans in the first 20 or 30 rows? Or should the imaginary fans be smart enough to know the SS couldn't throw a baseball off a yacht and hit water in the middle of the Atlantic?
5/29/2015 7:22 AM

I'm pretty sure, on the back of tickets, is a warning about batted/thrown balls going into the stands.    mongoose should probably put it in CAPS BOLDED for seats behind 1st though.

5/29/2015 8:22 AM
◂ Prev 1...918|919|920|921|922...1151 Next ▸
ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.