ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

Saw a guy in the draft with a DUR of 0. I'm guessing this is the new 'fuzzy' draft ratings but assuming the 0 is correct, does that mean he gets to pitch only once a season?
8/10/2015 10:26 AM
If you keep his PC low, he'll be able to pitch a dozen times.
8/10/2015 11:31 AM
Couple questions about this fella:

First off, the SSS obviously hurts, but his ERA should be almost 2 full points lower, right? 3.50-3.80 range? What would you expect out of him with a full season of work?

Secondly, how do you manage a guy like this? He's got absolutely no DUR, but his Stamina is high enough I feel like I can still get quite a few innings out of him, right? MPC at like 85, 5-6 games between every start?
8/10/2015 10:49 PM
Yeah, his ERA shold be closer to his career average.

There are two ways to use him.   As you suggested but I'd probably put him at 60/70.    I'd adjust it so that he could pitch every 6-7 days.  But I think that number is closer to 60 than 85.
8/11/2015 6:26 AM
IF YE HAD TO VOTE FOR ONE OF THE FOLLOWING(IF YE DON'T, YER DROPPED IN FERGUSON WEARING CONFEDERATE FLAG CLOTHING AND A STEP-N-FETCHIT WIG) WHO WOULD IT BE?:
MIKE HUCKLEBERRY?
SARAH PALIM?
HERMAN CAIN?
DONALD TRUMP?
TED CRUZ?
BERNIE SANDERS?
JOE BIDEN?
JOHN KERRY?
RICK SANTORUM?
MICHELLE BACHMANN?

8/11/2015 7:03 AM
Since I'm for firebombing Ferguson and starting over there, I guess Cruz is the lesser of all evils.   Only a complete idiot, or moy23, thinks Trump is a legit candidate and the rest make me throw up in my mouth a little.
8/11/2015 8:45 AM
Mike -

Whats this reliever gonna produce?

Dur    Stam    Ctr    vL    vR    Vel    GB    1st    2nd
80        55        37    70    89    100    80    81     80

Seems perfect in every way but that control is horrendous.

8/12/2015 8:15 AM
All 15 home teams won last night in MLB. Do you find this to be an incredible feat?
8/12/2015 8:44 AM
Inconsistent results.   I've used guys with upper 30 control and they had a high WHIP/low ERA some seasons.   And some seasons they had high WHIP/high ERA.   Best case scenario, you get 1.5+ WHIP, 3.5+ ERA.

I find it odd that it's never happened before.   Not sure I'd call it "incredible".
8/12/2015 9:12 AM
What do you make of the Geno Smith situation?
8/12/2015 10:19 AM
I keep hearing it was over $600 in fees because Geno didn't attend some charity function.  I hear Geno put his finger in his face and said "You ain't gonna do nothing about it."   In a room full of Alpha Males all jacked up on testosterone, that's just begging for an assbeating.   So, to me, Geno isn't a leader and doesn't command respect.  He pretty much got what was coming to him.   I can't imagine Manning, Brees, Brady, Rodgers, etc, etc having that sort of confrontation.   They'd just say "I'll bring it to you tomorrow" if they hadn't handled the situation months ago.   The rest of the team would see them as stand up guys, not that $600 is game-changing money to them, and respect them for it.   Geno took the "tough guy" route and got a broken jaw.   From what I've heard, he's just not a leader-type.  That's tough as a QB.
8/12/2015 10:45 AM
What are the most wins you have seen by a team that did not make the post season?

Also what do you have against the Toronto Blue Jays?
8/12/2015 12:21 PM
In HBD, I've seen 100 win teams come in 3rd and miss the playoffs.  Really unbalanced worlds.

I'm a Yankees fan.   But this was retarded and worthy of future hatred:

8/12/2015 1:40 PM
Looks like the Chargers will be one of the two teams moving to Los Angeles next season. That leaves Oakland and St. Louis. Who will join the Chargers in LA?
8/12/2015 3:26 PM
Logically, it's STL.    But, with the NFL, no one knows.   Seems retarded to have two teams in LA when there really doesn't seem to be much clamoring for one.
8/12/2015 3:33 PM
◂ Prev 1...939|940|941|942|943...1151 Next ▸
ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.