ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

It's definitely a sign. 
11/2/2015 6:47 AM
How do you think it feels to be outcoached by Ned Yost?
11/2/2015 12:03 PM
Im confused.  

Is it a commissioners job to trade chat people that appear to be tanking and ask them to make some changes?   Or do I just let it go.  How is it to be handled?  Because when I have to point out to an owner with 10+ championships that a 70/75/70/70 guy won't cut it a SS and he argues with me.... Its beyond my comprehension.  
11/2/2015 12:13 PM
Well, it was Terry Collins so my statement of "would prove that baseball managers should get paid about $200 per game" seems even more correct.

If you don't have anti-tanking rules, there's not much you can do.   I put those guys on full blast in the world chat.  I'm fortunate enough because, when I do that, about 20 other owners rip him too.   So we've got a little peer pressure on our side.

11/2/2015 12:27 PM
Posted by kermit on 11/2/2015 12:03:00 PM (view original):
How do you think it feels to be outcoached by Ned Yost?
The lowest of lows.
11/2/2015 1:59 PM
I read an article in the local paper last week about the shortage of truck drivers. What says ye?
11/2/2015 2:35 PM
There's a shortage of good truck drivers.    Insurance companies are pretty much determining who can/can't be hired and they've gotten much stricter.   Self-insured companies don't really have a problem.   It's not going to get better if this trend continues.
11/2/2015 3:14 PM
A UK publication (the Guardian) has termed Milwaukee the "Harvard of pimp school".

Thoughts?
11/3/2015 11:01 AM
I've never been to shithole Milwaukee but it sounds like you got a 'ho problem.   Well, if you consider a bunch of 'hos a problem.
11/3/2015 11:20 AM
Also in the past month or so, Milwaukee has been called "the Portland of the Midwest" by two parties.. one who bought the large complex that currently houses the Post Office with a view to future development, and the other Gracie Gold, on of America's top figure skaters, who was in town for a competition.

Does Portland also have a lot of 'hos?
11/3/2015 11:23 AM
What comments do you have about David Murphy after his glove melted down in the series? Do you think he can play anything in the infield other than first?
11/3/2015 1:23 PM
I have never been to shithole Portland either but, if I had to guess, I'd say the party who bought the complex that houses the post office is planning a brothel.   Gracie Gold has the flexibility to be a good 'ho.

One error doesn't mean he can't play 2B.   I don't think he was a very good one before that and he's certainly not a better one now.    Just depends on how much 2B defense is to your team.

11/3/2015 1:43 PM
At lunch today we were discussing the NFL in London and what the future may hold there. Then this idea was thrown out. Each team plays 17 games and one of those games is a neutral site. Each year you would get a slate of London games, you could play one in Germany and one in France which has been floated out there. Maybe Mexico, Canada and a few domestic markets with out teams like LA, Vegas, Alabama etc.

The idea is there is no permanent team in London but the. NFL expands revenue with new markets and an additional game. No one loses a home date ether.

What are your thoughts on such a proposal?
11/3/2015 7:11 PM
I don't hate it but the NFLPA would.   I also think the "host" city will bore of seeing a new set of teams every week.    Pittsburgh and Baltimore could play in my back yard and I won't bother to lift the shades.   The games are a hit now because they're something new.    That thrill goes away.   You need a "home" team to root for eventually.
11/3/2015 8:18 PM
refresh me memory- which attribute contributes the most as to if a stud player will stay with their current team: patience or makeup? or both?
11/4/2015 7:25 AM
◂ Prev 1...955|956|957|958|959...1151 Next ▸
ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.