ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

Both are used as long relievers with low PC and 3 pull settings.
3/13/2016 9:39 AM
https://www.whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/PlayerRatings.aspx?pid=6552409

20m in medical... Does he get a second recovery bump?
3/13/2016 11:51 PM
Depending on where you are in the season, he should. He'll get one a cycle or two before he's fully recovered and should get his 2nd when his 60 day stint is over.
3/14/2016 12:27 PM
Tandem pitchers

I know that there are few strict recommendations of don't Do this or ALWAYS Do that but i'm trying to fix a staff that has been decimated by injuries and now everyone is dealing with fatigue...I am trolling the FA pool to try and right the ship. I understand I can change the call bullpen setting to try and force pitchers to reach their targets but I can't help but wonder....

1) can pitchers with 50s splits or poor control (sub-60) ever really be effective? I know that velocity and pitch counts matter and can help make up for deficient ratings elsewhere

I have to try and fix a staff that has lost 3 starters and has no long relief anymore since they have been thrust into starting roles. I am still trying to grasp how to eek the last bit of value out of the FA trash heap. I would prefer not to sign 45/45 split guys so the can get hammered and have to immediately be cut and replaced and I don't have much in terms of minor league reinforcements. Thanks
3/14/2016 11:15 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/14/2016 12:27:00 PM (view original):
Depending on where you are in the season, he should. He'll get one a cycle or two before he's fully recovered and should get his 2nd when his 60 day stint is over.
So if this happened right before he comes off the dl no second recovery bump? We are right around the trade deadline.
3/15/2016 2:12 AM
What seems more likely, that someone's mind would be taken over by the Uber app, causing him to go on a shooting rampage, or that someone is the only person on earth aware of the Martian conspiracy to take over the Earth, causing him to go on a shooting rampage?
3/15/2016 11:41 AM
Did Kermit just ask, "which is the more realistic movie, Taxi Driver or War of the Worlds?"
3/15/2016 12:15 PM
I'm coming back to the game after a couple years of hiatus. My season just started and what a surprise to find out in trade chat I cannot see ratings of previous seasons of other players. I have SO many questions and issues with this. Can you catch me up? I tried searching forums but no real luck. Please help!

1. Are current ratings accurate? Or do I need Advanced Scouting now?
2. Adv Scouting is stuck at 6m for the time being, yet all I see are ?'s for projected. Why?
3. So frustrated over this new change, do I need to excel sheet other team's players now just to have a gauge on prospects? I know a lot of you guys were doing this for draft classes anyways back in the day. Did anyone develop a tool or anything to assist in this information capture? It sucks I can't see if a veteran is starting to get killed on ratings, or if still has fresh legs. There's so many reasons I hate this change.
4. What the heck is promotional allowances in the budget screen?
5. When I left this game, WiS was doing nothing to this game, asside from minor fluff changes. Is there anything else I should know that I have missed?

Nice to see everyone here still. Thanks in advance.
3/15/2016 2:50 PM
Don't you just hate when you are chasing a FA and you get so late in the process that the reasonable alternatives are all gone forcing you to give a 70 million guy a max or near max contract just so don't end up with a whole lot of unspent cash at the end of the season?
3/15/2016 5:41 PM
How would you deploy this guy? pitch counts, etc Midre Johnson
3/16/2016 8:31 AM
Damn, fellas, no questions for days, I take a day off and get bombarded.

If you're asking me if a 50 control, 50 splits guy can be effective, I'll say "no". But if you're asking if a 48 control, 70 splits guy can be effective, it's "yes".

I'm not sure I understand the question.

Uber apps are dangerous. Or so I'm told.

More or less.

Current ratings are accurate.
Your season hasn't started.
I've NEVER used excel for that and I've done OK.
Just a reminder that promoting players in-season will cost you.
Pick your worlds carefully. A lot are struggling.

I do hate that.

70/80
3/16/2016 9:14 AM
DO YE CONSIDER KERMIT TO BE AN EXCELLENT ACTUARY? WOULD YE HIRE HIM?
3/16/2016 9:53 AM
NO, HE'S A MUPPET!!! I DON'T TRUST ANYONE WHO ONLY SPEAKS WHEN SOMEONE'S HAND IS UP THEIR ***!!!!
3/16/2016 10:44 AM
so the rumors about Kermit's sexual preferences are true?
3/16/2016 1:20 PM
I don't know. I've also heard he's a pigfucker.
3/16/2016 1:45 PM
◂ Prev 1...991|992|993|994|995...1151 Next ▸
ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.