yatzr's recruiting tool v1.9.3 - another bugfix Topic

yatzr i donated money and it wont let me mass recruit. need to added
4/6/2011 9:16 PM
Posted by mgm0461 on 4/5/2011 7:36:00 PM (view original):
Posted by dynasty_ob on 4/5/2011 4:08:00 PM (view original):
I'm having a couple of problems.
1. When I enter data into S1 and S2 on the equations tab it does not calculate in the recruit list.
2. When I enter information in the filters it won't bring up any recruits.

I know I should know this but what are the three numbers on the recruit info? Like 10/9/6.

Thanks for the tool. Just need to figure out how to use it effectively. Thanks.
1. Try copying and pasting the equations from S3 into S1 and S2, then edit them as you'd like.  I've also had trouble simply writing them into the boxes.

2. Did you click 'Refresh' after you put in your filters?  Unless you do that, no recruits will show up. When you load/update recruits, did you also click on 'Grab Recruits' Towns'? This is the only way to determine their distance from you.  If you're putting in several filters, try adding them one at a time. click 'Save' in the Filters screen, then click Refresh on the main page. Keep doing this for each of the filters you want to add; it may be that you're cutting things too fine, leaving you with no recruits.

The first number in the recruit info is the number of scholarships that need to be filled; the second is the number of players signed; the last is the number of recruits, both signed and unsigned, that are considering that particular school.
Thanks I will try that!
4/7/2011 10:54 AM
Yatzr -  I am using the recruiting tool and it's leaving recruits "undecided" when in reality they are considering other schools.   I am trying to sort the recruits by "undecided" so that I can target undecided available players, but it's not working.   Any idea what's up?  I am updating lots of different variables like recruits / multiples / coaches / etc... before I use the tool.   I do those updates before any session I am trying for analysis... so it's not as if I am  missing the updates... it's just not updating properly
4/14/2011 10:39 PM (edited)
you must hit the refresh button after the update is complete.
4/15/2011 6:08 AM
I have been doing that.   I have been using the tool successfully for about 4 seasons now.   Suddenly it is not updating correctly.   Some schools get updated and others do not.   I allow the update to run to "completion" and then hit "refresh".  I have been doing all kinds of updates like : "update recruits", "coaches", "multiples"... all in vain.    Just using "update recruits" was working fine for me for the first 4 seasons.
4/15/2011 10:46 AM
what version do you have?
4/15/2011 3:35 PM
I have had some problems recently as well. Some schools would not update accurately... either showing undecided when they are not or not showing all the schools recruiting. I have had to delete the file and start over again on 2 occassions. I've noted that both times I created the file before the season started, flagged a "shopping list" of recruits then updated again once the new season rolled over. I'm not saying that is a cause but it's the only thing I can thik of that has changed on my part.
4/16/2011 3:52 PM
Posted by maddog63 on 4/16/2011 3:52:00 PM (view original):
I have had some problems recently as well. Some schools would not update accurately... either showing undecided when they are not or not showing all the schools recruiting. I have had to delete the file and start over again on 2 occassions. I've noted that both times I created the file before the season started, flagged a "shopping list" of recruits then updated again once the new season rolled over. I'm not saying that is a cause but it's the only thing I can thik of that has changed on my part.
ok, that's what happens to me..   so when you say you have to create a new file... do you mean delete the current season and all my flags?   or delete yatz tool entirely and dload a new copy of the whole tool.    Hopefully just deleting the current season does the trick.    I have been targeting recruits in the shopping list type of way you have been btw.
4/16/2011 11:57 PM
I mean just the current season file.
4/17/2011 12:39 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by rfm1967 on 4/16/2011 11:57:00 PM (view original):
ok, that's what happens to me..   so when you say you have to create a new file... do you mean delete the current season and all my flags?   or delete yatz tool entirely and dload a new copy of the whole tool.    Hopefully just deleting the current season does the trick.    I have been targeting recruits in the shopping list type of way you have been btw.
I've had the same happen to me and was able to figure out that this happens because you're overlapping seasons.  When you first set up a New Season, you choose your current season.  When the season rolls over, it's now the next season, but the information in your data file is from the season before and things have changed (yours and other schools vision, coaches, number of recruits, etc.).  In order for this not to happen, you actually need to wait for the season to roll over before you load/select your recruits; or like maddog said, you have to delete everything and start over.
4/18/2011 12:12 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by mgm0461 on 4/18/2011 12:12:00 PM (view original):
Posted by rfm1967 on 4/16/2011 11:57:00 PM (view original):
I've had the same happen to me and was able to figure out that this happens because you're overlapping seasons.  When you first set up a New Season, you choose your current season.  When the season rolls over, it's now the next season, but the information in your data file is from the season before and things have changed (yours and other schools vision, coaches, number of recruits, etc.).  In order for this not to happen, you actually need to wait for the season to roll over before you load/select your recruits; or like maddog said, you have to delete everything and start over.
Not true for me. In fact, I do a "before and after" vision switch.  It has really helped me recruit, just going after the guys whom I could now see that were red before the vision change.  This is great assuming your vision is getting higher each season. 

Losing vision is a completely different ballgame though. I have yet to figure out how to track which recruits are now at the top of my vision when my vision lowers.

Example:  In leahy its season 68 right now.  When the playoffs start I will start a new recruit file defaulted to be named Leahy season 69.   copy all the guys I like (which most of them will be "red" in the yatzr tool) over to my excel file.  As soon as season 68 ends and the seniors are gone I will then update the file with the vision switch.  Copy the same guys over to the excel file right next to the originals.  Any recruit that went from red to black are the only ones I will recruit.  This will in sure that only 2 or 3 teams in all of d3 will be able to see these guys.  You still need to watch out for crappy d2 teams but it really makes recruiting cheap and easy.

As for your error.  make sure you have the newest version of java.  Also, make sure your web browser does not have a java based game running like addictinggames.com etc.etc.etc.

I have proved the opposite to be true.  I can't get java games to run properly when my yatzr tool is open so I would only assume the opposite could be true.  try closing your browser all together when you first open up the yatzr tool to pull your recruits.
4/18/2011 1:03 PM
Hey - nowhere near as far along as you other guys, but wanting to get at this tool.  Problem is, when I download from gdreports (yatzr_recruit_tool_1.5.jar), I get a pile of files I don't expect based on the instruction sets on the same page.

Anybody have a quick how-to on installing the current version?
9/1/2011 4:57 PM
Thanks to yatzr for a quick response and easy ID 10T fix.
9/1/2011 9:38 PM
◂ Prev 1...13|14|15|16|17...28 Next ▸
yatzr's recruiting tool v1.9.3 - another bugfix Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.