yatzr's recruiting tool v1.9.3 - another bugfix Topic

My yatzr tool is not calculating distance to recruits for the other schools they are considering.  It is just giving me a "?" on all of them.  Am I doing something wrong?  Any ideas of how to fix this?  It has worked in the past.
9/1/2012 12:09 PM
Posted by gswett on 9/1/2012 12:09:00 PM (view original):
My yatzr tool is not calculating distance to recruits for the other schools they are considering.  It is just giving me a "?" on all of them.  Am I doing something wrong?  Any ideas of how to fix this?  It has worked in the past.
There are two things I can think of that would cause this.  The first would be if you just forgot to grab the recruits' towns.  You should be able to grab those at any time to make the numbers start showing up.  The second would be if there's something wrong with your towns.dat file.  It may be missing or corrupt.  You can try redownloading it.  PM me if neither of those are your problem and I'll help you get it figured out.

9/4/2012 10:12 AM
yatzr....this is truly the best thing since sliced bread.  Thanks for your work
9/4/2012 10:14 AM
I can't get the tool to connect to the internet.  I redownloaded everything and still things are not working.

When I go to download recruits the little interface comes up and I enter my login info and click go but nothing happens.  No progress.  Any thoughts anyone?

10/17/2012 2:35 PM
Posted by phife on 10/17/2012 2:35:00 PM (view original):
I can't get the tool to connect to the internet.  I redownloaded everything and still things are not working.

When I go to download recruits the little interface comes up and I enter my login info and click go but nothing happens.  No progress.  Any thoughts anyone?

do you have a firewall or content filter that may could be blocking it
10/17/2012 2:50 PM
I thought that might be it, so I explicitly included the recruiting tool in my ZoneAlarm software.  I might disable the firewall for a second to see if that is the issue.
10/17/2012 2:52 PM
So I completely unistalled java and reinstalled it.  I deleted and redownloaded the recruiting tool.  I followed the instructions exactly.  And when I click "go" nothing happens.  Ugh.
10/17/2012 4:34 PM
Also make sure your default browser is up and running.

To be safe, clear your cache and cookies and then log into www.whatifsports.com (do not use any of the alternative addresses).  Go to any of the pages for your team, then try to grab the recruits.

If this fails, you can always try to PM yatzr.
10/17/2012 5:38 PM
Still nothing.  Darn.
10/17/2012 5:52 PM
This may sound dumb, but did you click New Season under File, then add your Team ID (for your team it's 51750) and the season number?  Also when you downloaded the tool, did you also grab the config.ini, permTeams.dat, and towns.dat files?
10/17/2012 8:42 PM
Yeah.  I've used this tool for a long, long time.  It stopped working for me two or three seasons ago.
10/17/2012 9:44 PM
It looks like it was something with ZoneAlarm.  So if you're having issues with your recruits not populating your list, you may try disabling your firewall temporarily or making sure that the javaw.exe program has full access.
10/18/2012 10:44 AM

Yatzr - How are doing?  I've been trying for hours to run the yatzr_recruit_tool_1.9.3 with Java but I don't have a Java.exe showing up in any folder.  Are there any specific Java applications I should be looking for to run the program?  Thanks for your help.

11/15/2012 3:41 AM
Posted by kingfish76 on 11/15/2012 3:41:00 AM (view original):

Yatzr - How are doing?  I've been trying for hours to run the yatzr_recruit_tool_1.9.3 with Java but I don't have a Java.exe showing up in any folder.  Are there any specific Java applications I should be looking for to run the program?  Thanks for your help.

You shouldn't have to worry about java.exe.  If you have java installed correctly, you should be able to just double click on the yatzr_recruit_tool_1.9.3.jar file and it will open.  The instructions on this page should get you there
http://www.gdreports.com/tools/yatzr/recruit.htm

For reference, when you install java, it places java.exe and javaw.exe (javaw.exe is what gets used here) in a folder like C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin\.  It will then update your operating system so that it knows where they're at and that javaw.exe is used for .jar files.  This is what lets you double click on the .jar file from anywhere.

Hope that helps.
11/15/2012 4:49 PM
Hey guys, I'm new to GD. I've played HD and HBD before, but am going to give GD a shot now and I figured learning how to use this tool would be a good thing to do. It looks really awesome, by the way. I'm a programmer and write a lot in Java and really am impressed by the program you've put together. Really solid work.

I was just curious as to what the "Flag" and "Action" check boxes do when looking through recruits?

11/24/2012 12:22 AM
◂ Prev 1...24|25|26|27|28 Next ▸
yatzr's recruiting tool v1.9.3 - another bugfix Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.