JCONTE - I AM A TRUSTY OLD VET SO PLEASE READ Topic

Here is what I dont get - The formation subs and effectiveness were updates that everyone liked and made the game better, so why end something that every liked? This has screwed things in mid season for some. For example, I promised two OLs starts as FR...one in the I-F and one in the Pro...now I have to just let them play together in all three settings. WIS should suspend players losing WE this season now that the rules have changed in mid-season.
11/17/2010 9:16 AM
I guess every team is zone blitzing on every passing down because DL's are making tackles in the short passing game like it's their job. That totally makes sense.
11/17/2010 9:20 AM
Posted by dravz on 11/17/2010 9:20:00 AM (view original):
I guess every team is zone blitzing on every passing down because DL's are making tackles in the short passing game like it's their job. That totally makes sense.
My only INT of my Stagg exhibition game was from a DL.  And I've seen multiple people report DLs (both DE and DT) now making INTs all over the place.
11/17/2010 9:25 AM
Thank goodness they didn't reset the injuries.  Hopefully I can use some strategery to beat these SIMAIs.
11/17/2010 9:26 AM
I have to believe the_rabbit is a WIS employee.  There's no other explanation.
11/17/2010 9:29 AM
Posted by c_wolvesfan on 11/17/2010 9:16:00 AM (view original):
Here is what I dont get - The formation subs and effectiveness were updates that everyone liked and made the game better, so why end something that every liked? This has screwed things in mid season for some. For example, I promised two OLs starts as FR...one in the I-F and one in the Pro...now I have to just let them play together in all three settings. WIS should suspend players losing WE this season now that the rules have changed in mid-season.
I think you know why they took away those things.  Even if you don't realize you know why, you know why.

It's because the way that those things got used by coaches went completely outside of The Vision that the developer(s) had for the game.  In order to force us into playing this game The Way It Was Meant To Be Played, those things had to be taken away from us.  Just like when the position switches were "fixed," because their ham-handed vision change made super-switches the norm.  The problem was position switches... it was the completely unnecessary vision change.  But in typical fashion, rather than fix the actual problem, a horrible fix was applied on top of a horrible fix to create a completely undesirable outcome.  I agree that the super-switches were out of control, but the clear solution was to back the vision change out of the code.

We get these "fixes" every time the groupthink strays too far outside of The Vision.  So, in other words, stop thinking outside the box.  Play this game The Way It Was Meant To Be Played!
11/17/2010 9:29 AM
Posted by the_rabbit42 on 11/17/2010 8:23:00 AM (view original):
Posted by phoenix01 on 11/17/2010 8:17:00 AM (view original):
Posted by the_rabbit42 on 11/17/2010 8:09:00 AM (view original):
The update is new give them time to fix the bugs.
You don't use seasons people have paid money for to "fix the bugs"!  That $hit should've been done before it was released!
They fixed all the bugs they could in the beta but nothing goes as expected.  People need to realize that.  The designers probably knew they were going to have bugs in the first couple days given the size of the population who play the game. Not to mention the different offenses and defenses everyone is using. Jconte and the rest can only test their own custom made offenses and defenses also the AI's.  They can't test everyone's so that's why their could be bugs.  This is also why they gave everyone 5 bucks credit.  Give these guys some time and slack.  Also, get the freaking update sometime.  Rome wasn't built in a day, neither was this game.
I think the_rabbit42 is just JConte using a different ID.

Beta testing, done right, identifies bugs and fixes them.  They have had time and slack...the update was originally promised in April.  How much more time and slack do you suggest they get?

The problem is not different game plans.  When there isn't even a setting for TE's carrying the football, why are they carrying the football?  That's something that beta-testing identifies.  When the game engine doesn't follow the game plan, that's something that proper beta-testing identifies.  This update is a woeful piece of garbage that should never have been fielded.  WIS should simply have told us, "You know what guys?  We lied about the update.  It's nowhere near ready.  We haven't beta-tested it at all.  To put it out there any time soon is just beyond our abilities.  So, play the game as it is, or leave...up to you.  But there's no update coming."

Instead, they promised what they could not deliver.  I don't believe they are idiots...I just believe they don't care.  So I believe they KNEW the update didn't deliver, but they stuck it out there anyway.
11/17/2010 9:32 AM
"There was an error in the new engine dealing with inactive game plan plays that caused some game plans to not be followed correctly."

They are implying the only error in the update is with game plans not being followed correctly.  LOL.  I knew they would avoid taking any responsibility for this huge dump they just took.
11/17/2010 9:35 AM
Posted by tcochran on 11/17/2010 9:29:00 AM (view original):
If he was, I would assume he would know what it takes to win.....so my guess is that he's not.

11/17/2010 9:37 AM
Posted by bhouska1 on 11/17/2010 9:37:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tcochran on 11/17/2010 9:29:00 AM (view original):
If he was, I would assume he would know what it takes to win.....so my guess is that he's not.

Would he though?  If he's a developer, it would only make sense that he does not know what it takes to win.
11/17/2010 9:43 AM
LOL, you're right.
11/17/2010 9:44 AM
Posted by dravz on 11/17/2010 9:20:00 AM (view original):
I'm not sure why you or WIS is surprised.  This was already tested and approved by WIS as acceptable under the new engine.

If you look at the pbp in the Critical News thread, on the second play, a DE makes a tackles on a completion to a WR.

11/17/2010 10:04 AM (edited)
WIS has totally screwed up putting this thing out without working out the kinks (not sure how as the release was moved back 7 MONTHS).

But, I am willing to hold my opinion on the new product until they have the errors worked out.

The rewards points reduction is a slap in the face.  100% full world...YEAH RIGHT!  Even when D3 was totally full a few years ago, worlds were still far from being 100% full.

It seems WIS is relying on us the customer to do their advertising for them.  That's not going to work very well when you put out a product that is not ready and the majority of the users are raising nine kinds of Hell!
11/17/2010 10:23 AM
Coach TX in Wilkinson, have the #2 overall RB in the world (according to Guess reports) and he rushed 5 times for -3 yards against SIM Boise St. 
11/17/2010 10:29 AM
Posted by boneyard99 on 11/17/2010 10:29:00 AM (view original):
Coach TX in Wilkinson, have the #2 overall RB in the world (according to Guess reports) and he rushed 5 times for -3 yards against SIM Boise St. 
That's what you get for trusting the GUESS reports. 
11/17/2010 10:35 AM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
JCONTE - I AM A TRUSTY OLD VET SO PLEASE READ Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.