Oklahoma City Thunder: 2 Seed Likely Topic

I dunno if you're just saying things to get an argument going. Robinson was right to be parked on the bench. They had no good reason to put a 40% chucker who is a defensive disaster on the floor.

I can't believe Fisher got re-signed. They should be giving all the guard minutes to Westbrook, Lamb, Jackson, and Thabo. Brooks will find a way to give 10 minutes a game to Fisher. Waste of a roster spot.

Didn't amnesty Perkins. Didn't try for Elton Brand, Camby, or DeJuan Blair. Couldn't get Mike Miller to sign. Signed Ryan Gomes to a partial guaranteed deal, so he'll make the 15 man roster.
7/31/2013 5:05 PM
Certainly not trying to rub salt in your wounds stinenavy, but since you are the resident Thunder fan here and I am the resident Rocket fan I wonder how you feel about the Harden trade now?

Consider rolling the dice to win last season (which I believe they totally could have) and then look to sign and trade Harden this off season.  Even with an injured Westbrook, Harden could have stepped in and been a more than adequate replacement.  

Now for the Rockets sake I am glad things turned out the way they did, but I like the Thunder and I hate to see them screw up this big.  I feel like they could have gotten a ton more in trade.  I also think I would have amnestied Perkins resigned Harden and just paid the tax all while enjoying the revenue of that Big 4 playing together for the next 4 years.
7/31/2013 11:21 PM
Posted by stinenavy on 10/28/2012 12:32:00 AM (view original):
Harden, Aldrich, and Cook gone. Martin and Lamb in.

Figured OKC would find a way to keep all 4, but the few millions they wanted to save by not giving Harden the max undid it. Martin is what he is, a very good shooter and a guy that can create his own shot, but he's just an awful defensive player that has a tendency to miss a fair amount of games. He does come as just a one year rental though.

I wanted to see Aldrich finally get some PT as I think he has a some promise. His loss leaves a hole in the post rotation. I figure they're working PJIII as a PF.

Always liked Cook. I'm a fan of 3 point gunners.

Overall not a terrible deal, but also wait and see. Alot depends on how they use the cash they aren't spending on Harden. Also on how quickly PJIII, R-Jack, and now Lamb can develop. Haven't heard if the picks are protected.
Had to see what I posted when the trade happened. I also posted when they signed Ibaka, that they should give Harden anything he wanted, and amnesty Perkins.

As far as the wait and see, the cash not going Harden is going in Clay Bennett's pockets. It appears there's no chance he would ever pay any significant luxury tax. So far the trade is Harden (and filler) for 1 season of Kevin Martin, Jeremy Lamb, Steven Adams, and the Mavs 1st rounder when it's 20th or later. Ouch.

Looking at some of the transactions, it's obvious it was a ridiculously bad move to trade Harden at that time. It seems OKC wanted no part of free agency drama with Harden and the idea that he could leave for nothing, but when you look at how some other deals get done OKC could have stuck with him for another season then told the whole NBA that they would match any offer sheet (since he would have been restricted FA) and the only way to get him was via sign-and-trade.
8/1/2013 1:35 AM
I wouldn't say the experts are sleeping too much on OKC, but the attention has been drawn more towards the Clippers and Rockets in the West. Also the Bulls, Nets, Pacers trying to beat the Heat is taking up much of the NBA storylines.

Everything revolves around Westbrook's return. He should be fine when he gets back, it's just when does he can back.

No games on TV until Wednesday. I see from the boxscore that Steven Adams is actually getting playing time, and hopefully after Thabeet's suspension is over he's still on the bench. And after Westbrook comes back, Fisher should be watching the games from the stands, or his house, but he'll get another 12 minutes a game because he must have some lewd photos of Clay Bennett and Scott Brooks.
11/1/2013 2:53 PM
Posted by stinenavy on 11/1/2013 2:53:00 PM (view original):
I wouldn't say the experts are sleeping too much on OKC, but the attention has been drawn more towards the Clippers and Rockets in the West. Also the Bulls, Nets, Pacers trying to beat the Heat is taking up much of the NBA storylines.

Everything revolves around Westbrook's return. He should be fine when he gets back, it's just when does he can back.

No games on TV until Wednesday. I see from the boxscore that Steven Adams is actually getting playing time, and hopefully after Thabeet's suspension is over he's still on the bench. And after Westbrook comes back, Fisher should be watching the games from the stands, or his house, but he'll get another 12 minutes a game because he must have some lewd photos of Clay Bennett and Scott Brooks.
What I would worry about is:

1.  As we saw tonight...when Durant isn't on how hard will it be to get points?

2.  When Westbrook comes back how effective will he be?  ACL's in the NBA take a year to get back to 100%

3.  How good the Rockets are going to be in a couple of years with Durant in the lineup?
11/1/2013 11:50 PM
The team is built for Durant and Westbrook to take turns scoring while everyone else spaces out. Besides Reggie Jackson no one can create their own shot (Lamb might, haven't seen him play since UCONN).

It's a meniscus not an ACL. I'm not going to pretend to know what that is, I just know it's not as serious.

I know that's just a dig, but there's not a chance with Dwight and Harden taking max contracts.

11/2/2013 4:41 AM
Posted by stinenavy on 11/2/2013 4:41:00 AM (view original):
The team is built for Durant and Westbrook to take turns scoring while everyone else spaces out. Besides Reggie Jackson no one can create their own shot (Lamb might, haven't seen him play since UCONN).

It's a meniscus not an ACL. I'm not going to pretend to know what that is, I just know it's not as serious.

I know that's just a dig, but there's not a chance with Dwight and Harden taking max contracts.

Yeah that is right about the meniscus...I tore mine it doesn't really repair well.  Pain will be an ongoing thing, but anyone that plays sports on any level gets used to the pain.

The other thing was a reference to what Jalen Rose said this week...believe me I don't see it happening, but if it did my happiness wouldn't be containable.  I would likely giggle my way to a heart attack.
11/2/2013 11:12 AM
Oh sure, that would be great for Houston, but unless Durant wants to make pennies on the dollar it can't happen.

As for Jalen Rose, while he's more entertaining, he's just like all the rest of the analysts/reporters out there who draw up unrealistic scenarios to drum up interest.

11/2/2013 12:09 PM
So Westbrook is back tonight...wow.

He picked the Suns to come back against.  I guess that is a lot like a preseason game.

11/3/2013 3:18 PM
Steven Adams is awesome. I thought he'd be another stiff, in a long line of stiffs Seattle/OKC has had, but he moves extremely well and is constantly active. He's already getting more minutes than Perkins. That Harden trade was totally worth it now.
11/11/2013 12:04 AM
That trade was reasonable when the trade was made.  Harden wasn't going to be a 25-5-5 player on OKC.
11/11/2013 12:16 PM
Perkins out. Yay.
Thabo out. Eh.
Caron Butler signed. Yay.

I like the Butler signing. Plays defense and make 3's. Can also create his own shot although looking at his stat lines he needs to less shooting, and more passing. Thabo being out opens up a spot in the starting lineup, but they'll probably put in PJIII or Lamb in as a starter, then give it to Caron Butler after a few weeks.

Team is clinging to the #1 spot in the west, and is behind the Pacers/Heat for best record. March schedule is relatively easy. Can run off an 11-2 to increase their lead.
3/4/2014 12:06 AM
Team ended up going 9-4 in the March stretch. Some odd ball losses to LAL, Phoenix, and Dallas twice. Team is pretty much locked into the 2 seed in the West with San Antonio going on a roll.

Hoping they end up playing Phoenix, Portland, or Golden State in the first round, anyone but Memphis.
4/2/2014 12:05 PM
Took a hard fought game at home vs Detroit to keep the #2 slot. Memphis' win over Dallas gets them OKC.

This will be the 3rd time in 4 seasons they meet in the playoffs, including last season's 5 game loss, which didn't have Russell Westbrook.

It's a bad matchup as Gasol and Randolph routinely go to town on Perkins/Ibaka/Collison. Memphis even with the addition of Mike Miller shot a league low amount of 3's. We'll see how it goes, I imagine there will be quite a few analysts picking Memphis to win the series.
4/17/2014 6:02 PM
◂ Prev 1...16|17|18
Oklahoma City Thunder: 2 Seed Likely Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.