Why is it that being respectful .... Topic

Posted by kapkidd on 11/21/2010 3:21:00 PM (view original):
Posted by ssandy33 on 11/21/2010 1:15:00 PM (view original):
Posted by grindi on 11/21/2010 12:49:00 PM (view original):
More realistic??? hmmmmm, We now have ILBs, OLBs, DTs, DEs; and a designated FB.  Maybe we can get a halftime show.
No offense, I'm not trying to be argumentative here, but I had a designated FB prior to the update.  As for the DB/LB/DL changes, could these have not been made without a complete overhaul of the engine?  I also think you are giving WIS alot of credit assuming that these new positions make any difference in how plays are simmed, given the obvious current bugginess of the engine.
 Whatever anyone has told you, the was NO blocking back in the old engine.  It was a farce.  Ask the top coaches, they will tell you.

As for the current engine, as Shifti pointed out, there are NOT any NC caliber teams in todays game who run a 95% run offense.  The WB and option offenses of the 80's and early 90's are gone, my guess is forever.  So, in my opinion, that was unrealistic, Not to mention all the depth chart loopholes you could manipulate to your advantage.  If we still had some control over the effectivenss percentages, I would like the new single depth chart better.  But as of now, it isn;t my favorite change.

As bad as it is having a run normally be just 2 yards in the current engine (I personally think that is a little low), it forces the 95% run teams to at least implement some sort of a passing game to their gameplan.  That would be more realistic.  The new engine is far from perfect but it does make the game more realistic in several ways.  The specific positions (ILB, OLB, etc.) are a nice addition.  The fact that we can't control who plays in what formation, isn't.  I agree with most that the OL rarely subs, except through injury, throughout  the game.  But there are many teams that utilize a two-back system and there are alomost always a blocking TE and a receiving TE.  And defensive players sub consistently for situational purposes and we can no longer control that.  But if improvements are being made currently and more improvements to come, I will keep trying to figure the current engine and be patient.
Georgia Tech ran the option all the way to an Orange bowl birth last year.

Why do you believe a back that wasn't running with the ball in the last engine didn't block, but the back listed as fullback in this engine does?
11/21/2010 3:22 PM
Ssandy,  I  was being more sarcastic than anything else.  The things I mentioned are VERY minor.  Although I would like to see the cheerleaders and band at half.  Maybe we can draft for cheerleaders too.
11/21/2010 3:26 PM
sorry about that, didn't catch the sarcasm.
11/21/2010 3:35 PM
Posted by ssandy33 on 11/21/2010 3:22:00 PM (view original):
Posted by kapkidd on 11/21/2010 3:21:00 PM (view original):
Posted by ssandy33 on 11/21/2010 1:15:00 PM (view original):
Posted by grindi on 11/21/2010 12:49:00 PM (view original):
More realistic??? hmmmmm, We now have ILBs, OLBs, DTs, DEs; and a designated FB.  Maybe we can get a halftime show.
No offense, I'm not trying to be argumentative here, but I had a designated FB prior to the update.  As for the DB/LB/DL changes, could these have not been made without a complete overhaul of the engine?  I also think you are giving WIS alot of credit assuming that these new positions make any difference in how plays are simmed, given the obvious current bugginess of the engine.
 Whatever anyone has told you, the was NO blocking back in the old engine.  It was a farce.  Ask the top coaches, they will tell you.

As for the current engine, as Shifti pointed out, there are NOT any NC caliber teams in todays game who run a 95% run offense.  The WB and option offenses of the 80's and early 90's are gone, my guess is forever.  So, in my opinion, that was unrealistic, Not to mention all the depth chart loopholes you could manipulate to your advantage.  If we still had some control over the effectivenss percentages, I would like the new single depth chart better.  But as of now, it isn;t my favorite change.

As bad as it is having a run normally be just 2 yards in the current engine (I personally think that is a little low), it forces the 95% run teams to at least implement some sort of a passing game to their gameplan.  That would be more realistic.  The new engine is far from perfect but it does make the game more realistic in several ways.  The specific positions (ILB, OLB, etc.) are a nice addition.  The fact that we can't control who plays in what formation, isn't.  I agree with most that the OL rarely subs, except through injury, throughout  the game.  But there are many teams that utilize a two-back system and there are alomost always a blocking TE and a receiving TE.  And defensive players sub consistently for situational purposes and we can no longer control that.  But if improvements are being made currently and more improvements to come, I will keep trying to figure the current engine and be patient.
Georgia Tech ran the option all the way to an Orange bowl birth last year.

Why do you believe a back that wasn't running with the ball in the last engine didn't block, but the back listed as fullback in this engine does?

The current FB position is a blocker by position.   The old depth chart you listed you RB's in order of play.  For instance, if you listed you second back at 60% with 0 distribution, you may have thought he was your blocking back.  However, if your #1 back reached his Eff. rating and subbed out (every coach I talked to had it at 90%), the 3rd back didn't leap frog your 2nd back.  Now, the 60%/ 0 Dis back becomes your primary (#1) back and the #3 becomes #2 or the NEW blocking back who will now get all the carries out of the blocking back position hence eliminating your intended blocking back whose is now behind him in the formation.

I hope that is understandable.  Whoever explained it to me made alot more sense.  lol

11/21/2010 3:35 PM
IMHO, Generational gaps (especially those pertaining to respect) do exist, but they are not necessarily the fault of the generation itself. I am 28 so I think I fall into the middle or the young middle of the players on this site. The respect that I have, or do not have, is not because I made a decision one day to be a turd to everyone or not. It is a direct result of the parenting that I received. Everyone whose parents have failed to teach them an adequate amount of respect and consideration can not be held as completely responsible. This is not a slight on anyone, just a call for those of you with children that are still susceptible to your influence (mine are 4, 2 and 7 months) to show them that consideration and respect are worthy attributes to possess.

P.S. Sorry if that comes across as preachy. As you can tell, I don't post much. I am going back to my silent ways to devote myself to figuring out this new engine. Also, I am going to see how the changes go during this Camp offseason and make my decision from that.
11/21/2010 4:57 PM
Well put kapkidd. I might add the rating of great coach seems to be self appointed by those who throw it around.
11/21/2010 5:09 PM
Demon,

You disrespectful piece of garbage.  I'm 83 years old and I earned respect through hard work and adversity.  You kids don't no nothing about that.  I put food on my family doing typewriter maintenance, selective acts of prostitution and cash games at my local bowling alley.  There were only two lanes---and they were both up hill.  So think twice buddy boy before you come on here poppin off with your hipster lingo.  And three kids and your 28!?  For crying out loud, wrap your hampton in a gimlet.  Think you kids call them rubbers. 
11/21/2010 5:18 PM
I try to keep from making comparisons---------But I think snake-p must have been someone else with a p in their name. 
11/21/2010 5:35 PM
Posted by iamthetwo__2 on 11/21/2010 5:35:00 PM (view original):
I try to keep from making comparisons---------But I think snake-p must have been someone else with a p in their name. 
Whats your plans 2? gonna give the new game a chance?
11/21/2010 5:41 PM
Think I will since I won a game 7-0.  That's almost realistic.  Oh and check out Gino's post on RESPECT------
11/21/2010 5:51 PM
Posted by iamthetwo__2 on 11/21/2010 5:51:00 PM (view original):
Think I will since I won a game 7-0.  That's almost realistic.  Oh and check out Gino's post on RESPECT------
  Do I have to, really? 
11/21/2010 5:55 PM
Posted by potter444 on 11/21/2010 5:19:00 PM (view original):
Demon,

You disrespectful piece of garbage.  I'm 83 years old and I earned respect through hard work and adversity.  You kids don't no nothing about that.  I put food on my family doing typewriter maintenance, selective acts of prostitution and cash games at my local bowling alley.  There were only two lanes---and they were both up hill.  So think twice buddy boy before you come on here poppin off with your hipster lingo.  And three kids and your 28!?  For crying out loud, wrap your hampton in a gimlet.  Think you kids call them rubbers. 
The funny thing is that this as$clown doesnt even realize how much of an embarrassment he is to himself.

It certainly is NOT his posts.

11/21/2010 6:20 PM
Potter, why are you being such an ahole?  We don't know you from Adam or you us.  Kap you can block him from this post.  I know I will from now on.  I got to thinking about something else.  This post as well as all that is on the board can be seen by anybody anywhere in the world.  Can you imagine what kind of message guys' like potter sends to those people?  He and those like him not only are an embarrassment for the WIS community but also for our country.  Guys like him just don't get it.  I guess getting closer to the end you get a better perspective of what whatever God you worship, expects of you.  Thw older you get the more mortal you feel.
11/21/2010 9:09 PM (edited)
Posted by blasters79 on 11/21/2010 6:21:00 PM (view original):
Posted by potter444 on 11/21/2010 5:19:00 PM (view original):
Demon,

The funny thing is that this as$clown doesnt even realize how much of an embarrassment he is to himself.

It certainly is NOT his posts.

I forgot that job.  Yes, I was also an a$$clown on a County Fair circuit in the Dakotas in the mid-seventies.  Damn those were good times.     
11/21/2010 9:14 PM
Posted by grindi on 11/21/2010 9:09:00 PM (view original):
Potter, why are you being such an ahole?  We don't know you from Adam or you us.  Kap you can block him from this post.  I know I will from now on.  I got to thinking about something else.  This post as well as all that is on the board can be seen by anybody anywhere in the world.  Can you imagine what kind of message guys' like potter sends to those people?  He and those like him not only are an embarrassment for the WIS community but also for our country.  Guys like him just don't get it.  I guess getting closer to the end you get a better perspective of what whatever God you worship, expects of you.  Thw older you get the more mortal you feel.
Geez guys, if you don't get potter's humor just kill yourself.
11/21/2010 9:25 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...9 Next ▸
Why is it that being respectful .... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.