Nevada...Now NC State Recruit Tracking Topic

N.C. State Recruits
8/30/2011 9:49 PM (edited)
Recruit #1: Jack Barstow
Our first recruit is a guy who might not even show up to campus.  I had to beat out a small effort from NC A&T, but that wasn't much of a problem.  He isn't highly ranked, but if he does end up coming to campus, I think he could end up being a very good role player.

8/30/2011 10:15 PM (edited)
Recruit #2: Kurt Conn
Kurt Conn is going to surprise a lot of people.  Although he won't be a great shooter, he'll be a great pure PG with high-high potential in speed, ball handling, and passing.  He should also be a great defender and maybe he could start scoring if his high-high LP can get to 50+.  He's a great 1st PG to bring to NC State.

8/30/2011 10:47 PM
Recruit #3: Sean Echevarria 
I thought I had wrapped up North Carolina recruit Carl Bleau (***, #25 PF) and expected him to sign at 8pm on signings day.  Boy was I surprised when he was considering Seton Hall instead of NC State, I had my first experience with Big 6 poaching.  It was a "poach", but until a recruit is signed he isn't yours.  I still had available money, but I knew it had to go towards signing my big target (who will hopefully be recruit #4).  With Bleau bound for the Big East, I turned to Echevarria.  He will never be great, but hopefully he'll be a solid fundamentals guy off the bench.  I don't expect Ech to ever be a big player for us, but I'm okay with that.

9/1/2011 10:55 AM (edited)
Recruit #4: Charles Schaaf
Schaaf is going to be an extremely successful big man for N.C. State.  Although A+ Virginia had 6 scholarships and B NC State had two openings (and trying to get 4 guys), we figured Schaaf wouldn't be their highest priority (they were involved in much bigger battles).  We ended up spending a little more than 50k, which is 5/6 of the money we started with.

9/1/2011 11:13 AM
We ended up winning a total of 1 game in the ACC and it doesn't look a whole lot better this year, but we do have 5 openings so hopefully we'll be able to bring in some new players who can really help NC State get back on the right track.
9/29/2011 4:06 PM
And an update from Nevada: Three players who graduated this year that I recruited were drafted: Lenny Meredith went #33, Adamo went #44, and Chad O'Rouke went #58, one of only 10 guards to be taken in the draft.
9/29/2011 7:07 PM
Recruit #1: Llyod Tran

I got Tran very cheap and I think he'll turn out to be a pretty good SG.  He won't be fast, but he should be very athletic, a good defender, and a lights out shooter.  

10/2/2011 1:46 PM
Recruit #2: Everett Hogue

Hogue is one of my more interesting recruits.  I think he could be a pretty good PF, but if I can develop his speed and BH and P, I think I might start playing him as a big SF in a 2-3 zone.

10/2/2011 1:50 PM
Recruit #3: Vernon Jones

Jones will end up being a studly PG.  With a lot of high-highs and a good ath-spd combo, he should be a great pure PG for my offense.

10/2/2011 1:52 PM
Recruit #4: John Searle

While he definitely isn't ready now, he should develop into an excellent big man.  He'll redshirt this year, giving him an extra season of big development (hopefully).

10/2/2011 1:57 PM
Recruit #5: Paul Wright

He won't be a super-star, but he's probably the best player in this class.  I had to beat out conference mate Clemson for him, hopefully he'll be worth it.  He'll probably start at PF this year alongside Charles Shaaf, giving us what will hopefully be a great big man tandem for the next 3 years (crossing my fingers Shaaf doesn't go pro).

10/2/2011 2:01 PM
Recruit #1: Ian Hilson

Hilson should end up being a good player for us.  I'm excited for his scoring ability, although he isn't as good on defense as I would like in a SF.  Not sure if he'll backup SF this year or RS, but he should definitely be a good scorer down the line.

11/2/2011 9:06 PM
Recruit #2: Calvin Douglas

Douglas is an unranked, ineligible PG, but I think he might be the best player in this class if he does show up (3rd recruit coming soon, hopefully).  When I decided to cut one of the sim recruited big guys, I made Douglas my target.  I tried to get on his list for 4 cycles before he finally started considering me on the cycle before signing.  It took him a little while, but he finally chose NC State over Auburn.  I'm not sure on his other high potentials, but with high-high athleticism, this guy could be a real steal for us.

11/3/2011 11:31 AM
Recruit #3: Kenneth Reynolds

I had to spend way more than expected on Reynolds, but I eventually won the battle for him over James Madison.  My money probably would have been better spent elsewhere, but once I sunk the money in I couldn't walk away.  He'll be very athletic and with high-high potential in rebounding, an excellent rebounder.  Not a force offensively, but hopefully the other guys in this class can bear the scoring load.

11/4/2011 1:58 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6...15 Next ▸
Nevada...Now NC State Recruit Tracking Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.