Pitch names are cosmetic.  They have no effect in the game engine.  The only thing that matters are the P1-P5 ratings.
3/31/2011 1:25 PM
I have never looked at the name of the pitches.
3/31/2011 1:25 PM
The whole game is cosmetic, the only thing that matters is the numbers.  I get that.  I'm assuming the answer is no then?
3/31/2011 1:33 PM
The question is nonsensical and cannot be answered with a "yes" or "no".  There is no such thing as a "true knuckleballer" in HBD.
3/31/2011 1:38 PM
There is no spoon.
3/31/2011 1:47 PM
There would be if said pitcher has however many pitches and the first one listed on his card as a knuckleball and P1 was rated the highest of all his pitches.  Maybe the question was too hard to grasp.
3/31/2011 1:48 PM
More likely that maybe the answer was too hard to grasp.
3/31/2011 1:54 PM
Posted by rangerup on 3/31/2011 1:48:00 PM (view original):
There would be if said pitcher has however many pitches and the first one listed on his card as a knuckleball and P1 was rated the highest of all his pitches.  Maybe the question was too hard to grasp.
I wonder if any of my batters bat with a crazy open stance like Tony Bautista? 

3/31/2011 2:05 PM
Posted by usfbully on 3/31/2011 2:05:00 PM (view original):
Posted by rangerup on 3/31/2011 1:48:00 PM (view original):
I wonder if any of my batters bat with a crazy open stance like Tony Bautista? 

You would be able to know if the player card listing batting stance.  It doesn't.

It does, however, list pictches. 
3/31/2011 2:11 PM
It also lists birthplace and agent name.  Doesn't mean that they are relevent pieces of information.
3/31/2011 2:15 PM
Relevant to what?

He's not asking for the purpose of determining effectiveness.

It would be like asking, "has anyone ever seen anyone from my hometown?"  I know it's not relevant to actual gameplay, but I'm simply curious.  I don't understand the responses to him asking a question purely out of curiosity.
3/31/2011 2:16 PM
Posted by isack24 on 3/31/2011 2:16:00 PM (view original):
Relevant to what?

It would be like asking, "has anyone ever seen anyone from my hometown?"  I know it's not relevant to actual gameplay, but I'm simply curious.  I don't understand the responses to him asking a question purely out of curiosity.
My question is the same as his. It has ZERO relevance to the game.
3/31/2011 2:20 PM
Right.  But you can't determine the answer to your question.  You can determine the answer to his. 
3/31/2011 2:25 PM
I haven't seen a knuckleballer (like usfbully, I rarely notice the names of pitches thrown).  But, like rangerup, I do enjoy random fun facts even if they don't affect the game engine.  For instance, I have a player from Nauvoo, IL, which is a big Mormon outpost.  This makes me like him a bit more because it tickles my funny bone.  Won't affect whether he plays or how long a contract he gets, and it is not relevant to the sim engine, but it is relevant to my enjoyment of the game.
3/31/2011 2:26 PM
Posted by isack24 on 3/31/2011 2:16:00 PM (view original):
Relevant to what?

He's asking a question based on the incorrect premise that the name of the pitch (i.e. "knuckleball") is relevant.  I pointed out that his premise was flawed, therefore the question was irrelevent and had no answer.
3/31/2011 2:28 PM
1|2|3...15 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.