Well This Is Interesting Topic

Posted by valterlaw on 7/12/2011 12:47:00 PM (view original):
You can add this is to the list of recruiting oddities:  on another ID, during Tark recruiting, I received back in the 11am cycle, 4 scouting emails on a player I did not recruit.  The dollar value of my recruiting efforts on this player still shows $0, so I know I didn't accidentally scout him. 
roflmao!!!

Anybody seen or heard from seble lately? 
7/12/2011 2:19 PM
the game has become a joke
7/12/2011 3:28 PM
Posted by _hannibal_ on 7/12/2011 1:49:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gillispie1 on 7/11/2011 12:55:00 PM (view original):
hmmm. i don't want to go into specifics while recruiting is going, but one of my players's FSS word on the street is totally messed up, inconsistent with everything ive ever seen.
Anything come from this?
caused some1 to jump on. ******* seble...
7/12/2011 3:41 PM
Ive been cutting back teams and have considered leaving all togehter due to the crap product.  I thinks its a worse product then when I started playing like 3 years ago.
7/12/2011 3:53 PM
Posted by coach_billyg on 7/12/2011 10:57:00 AM (view original):
i agree, something is broken in recruiting. i talked to seble about the d3 issue and he is convinced there has been no change - that you have always been able to have players show up in your division search who would not talk to you. i think he clearly misinterpreted something when he rewrote the engine - assuming we'd all agree there is just no way players used to show up in your divisional search who you couldn't talk to.
Something similar happened to me maybe about a year ago. It was a guy I had contacted told me I was a backup then contacted me telling me he was open to my efforts I sent him visits and he rejected them telling me I wasn't a good enough school. CS said I had to send evals to get him to consider me.
7/12/2011 4:02 PM
That happens regularly now kmason.  It just happened to me.  The guy "dropped" and then rejected a home visit, but after I sent 2 scouting trips the next cycle he took one HV and was considering me.  I've had this a few times now.  I think there's just a little flexibility now as to when they contact you about dropping and sometimes they're actually jumping the gun just a little bit.  I don't have a huge sample size, but so far I've never needed a scouting trip when the player himself contacts me to tell me he's dropped.  It's always when I get that info from the assistant coach that I've needed 1-2 scouting trips.
7/12/2011 4:05 PM
It shouldnt be that way unless they changed it without tell us.
7/12/2011 4:07 PM

That's interesting dahs, if that's the case I actually don't think it's a huge deal but I still think it's a bit silly that a recruit would tell you they are open to your effort and then reject it. I've only had it happen that one time so I thought it was just an odd fluke occurence.

7/12/2011 4:10 PM
Posted by brip87 on 7/12/2011 4:07:00 PM (view original):
It shouldnt be that way unless they changed it without tell us.
It shouldn't be that way unless they messed something up when rewriting the code.
7/12/2011 6:43 PM
a mistake?  hmm never ever u say
7/12/2011 6:44 PM
why are we all just noticing this now though? or has it just been slowly growing into the zeitgeist?
7/13/2011 2:41 AM
Posted by dacj501 on 7/13/2011 2:41:00 AM (view original):
why are we all just noticing this now though? or has it just been slowly growing into the zeitgeist?
I think I'm going to make "Slowly Growing into the Zeitgeist" the name of my next album. 

You will not receive proper attribution.
7/13/2011 6:45 AM
Posted by girt25 on 7/13/2011 6:45:00 AM (view original):
I think I'm going to make "Slowly Growing into the Zeitgeist" the name of my next album. 

You will not receive proper attribution.
how about a thank you in the liner notes?

ETA: I've been thinking of forming a pretend-punk pop band ala Blink 182 and Bowling For Soup? I'm going to call it Chip the Cat Licked (CCL).

7/13/2011 10:00 AM (edited)
I had this happen once to a A+ d1 school a few weeks ago,  I have no expectation of a fix on something like this so I am going to just treat it as a feature - it seems to not cause too much harm?  I think it is possible what we are noticing started with the last engine release several months back, seems like several others have done as I have and simply ignored it or maybeseble is messing with the engine without telling us.  I think an unannounced change is somewhat unlikely - although I used to think tarek did that, don't u guys get the impression seble is so busy that he barely is able to work on official HD projects?

Anyhow, given near everything I have experienced as of late with recruiting and read here, it is as if a random component has been introduced into recruiting, where some recruits will not say yes to high prestige schools (something I have not ever had happen prior to the last few HD seasons ..... almost seems like a good idea - but I am just spitballin - I really have no idea if / when / what has changed - but if asked, I would have to say recruiting at the d1 level is working slightly differently?  

edit*** - another guess as to when and why - seems like the ability to pull down d2 recruits has been variable over the past couple of seasons, maybe somehow while working thru that issue, the d1 logic got slightly altered - the timing of what I have seen seems about right?
7/13/2011 11:04 AM (edited)
or, I agree on t he timing - could this somehow have been done when they changed the recruit distribution (that was the last real change to recruiting I think) - and it supports the theory that there are no unannounced changes occurring. Although I guess our back and forth CS bitchfests could just be beta bug reports... we paid to playtest before...
7/13/2011 11:37 AM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
Well This Is Interesting Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.