What Is A "Fair Share" When It Comes To Taxes? Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/4/2011 1:18:00 PM (view original):
No, it's stupid because some people think it's an honor to serve their country.   You're pretending as if only the poor and downtrodden join the military because they have no other options.  

Some could say you're insulting every person in uniform right now.   Maybe you should apologize for being a dick.
I love you flag wavers.With the govt cutting further education opportunities for high school graduates and the job market the way it is the poor are going to have no choice but to choose the military. The only ones going to college will be the privileged. Maybe you should apologize along with the rest of the republicans for going into Iraq on a g.d. lie.Show me those weapons of mass destruction!
8/4/2011 4:29 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by nickbracco on 8/4/2011 2:02:00 PM (view original):
You are over simplifying it. It is not that they lack the motivation as they look at it as an opportunity to earn and learn a trade. At least that was the experience of a number of troops in my command. The military has done a great job convincing a lot of kids in high school that there are educational opportunities in the service. The reality may not match the promise but that is a whole different subject.
So they do have other options?  That would mean "52% said they had no other options" is complete bullshit.   You'll have to make up mind on this one as I'm not sure what your point is.
8/4/2011 7:33 PM
Posted by moosep on 8/4/2011 4:29:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/4/2011 1:18:00 PM (view original):
No, it's stupid because some people think it's an honor to serve their country.   You're pretending as if only the poor and downtrodden join the military because they have no other options.  

Some could say you're insulting every person in uniform right now.   Maybe you should apologize for being a dick.
I love you flag wavers.With the govt cutting further education opportunities for high school graduates and the job market the way it is the poor are going to have no choice but to choose the military. The only ones going to college will be the privileged. Maybe you should apologize along with the rest of the republicans for going into Iraq on a g.d. lie.Show me those weapons of mass destruction!
"no choice but to choose the military"?   Do you really believe that load of crap?

Seriously, walk away from the protest march, slip off the hemp sandals, remove the flowers from your hair and read a book or something.   You sound uneducated.  And if the government has cut your opportunities to buy a book, go to the local library.  Unless, of couse, the big, mean goverment has closed all the librarys in your city.    
8/4/2011 7:37 PM
Tell me what the choices would be then with no money for an education and no job opportunities. Don't lay that McDonald's crap on me either because they are hiring aliens and even supplying housing for them! I must of missed your answer on those W.M.D's.
8/4/2011 7:56 PM (edited)
It appears that having a reasonable conversation with MikeT23 is impossible. To much Ayn Rand in this boy. Someone needs to explain that Atlas Shrugged is FICTION!
8/4/2011 8:04 PM
There's no reasoning with morons saying **** like "52% of people join the military had no choice".

That's such a load of BS it's beyond comprehension how anyone can come up with that.
8/4/2011 8:27 PM
What I said was 52% think they have no choice. Is the difference somehow lost on you?
8/4/2011 8:37 PM
There's no difference that that statement is absurd.
8/4/2011 8:43 PM
I am passing information on to you that I read in a blog for x military people that reported on a survey conducted with current personal. You may think it is absurd and you are welcome to your opinion. For me the jury is still out and I would not call you stupid for not sharing the opinion but you unwillingness to discuss the subject tells me a great deal about you.
8/4/2011 8:53 PM
Posted by moosep on 8/4/2011 7:56:00 PM (view original):
Tell me what the choices would be then with no money for an education and no job opportunities. Don't lay that McDonald's crap on me either because they are hiring aliens and even supplying housing for them! I must of missed your answer on those W.M.D's.

Would you prefer me to say "The poor have no choice.  They should save their money, buy a gun and blow their ******* brains out"? 

Seriously, let's just tell people there is no hope for them, that's it's just better to give up.

As for WMD, I never said the war in Iraq was about WMD.  Why would I even respond to such nonsense about WMD?

8/4/2011 9:20 PM
Well, if you don't want to respond to W.M.D. What would be the reason we invaded Iraq, Saddam say something bad about "Daddy?''
8/4/2011 9:55 PM
Are we going to kick the poor to the curb?  Have we agreed that they should just off themselves?

We invaded Iraq largely to establish an American presence.   Because of the oil.  Anyone who thinks otherwise is just kidding themselves.  But, as you know, Americans love some cheap gas.   What do people ***** about more?   Soldiers in Iraq or inflation?   If you bought it, a truck brought it.  Guess what you need to make trucks run?
8/4/2011 9:59 PM
Posted by nickbracco on 8/4/2011 8:53:00 PM (view original):
I am passing information on to you that I read in a blog for x military people that reported on a survey conducted with current personal. You may think it is absurd and you are welcome to your opinion. For me the jury is still out and I would not call you stupid for not sharing the opinion but you unwillingness to discuss the subject tells me a great deal about you.
Well, if it's on a blog, I apologize for questioning it.

It must be FACT!
8/4/2011 10:04 PM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7|8|9...44 Next ▸
What Is A "Fair Share" When It Comes To Taxes? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.