Broncos - Ware's the defense? Topic

Even Brady got picked 4 times by the Bills. I'm not worried.
12/24/2011 8:36 PM
If the Broncos lose next week and the Raiders win, it will be the 3rd time in the last 4 years that the Broncos have lost their final three games, when one win would have sent them to the playoffs. That being said, I'm very comfortable with Tebow in a do-or-die game. He has always risen to the occasion on the biggest stages.  The Broncos also ran KC into the ground in their last meeting.

After watching Bailey get run around by Johnson today, I think it's time to move him to safety for next season. He's still incredibly smart, gets good reads and can tackle with the best of them, but he's clearly lost a step, which is allowing him to get beat more and more by fast receivers.
12/24/2011 8:41 PM
It's going to be glorious when Kyle Orton led Chiefs go in to Denver and beat the Broncos.
12/24/2011 9:38 PM
Posted by stinenavy on 12/24/2011 9:38:00 PM (view original):
It's going to be glorious when Kyle Orton led Chiefs go in to Denver and beat the Broncos.
And the Raiders beat the no soul, no heart Chargers. Good times.
12/24/2011 11:56 PM
Posted by Jtpsops on 12/24/2011 8:27:00 PM (view original):
That was an ugly game - though seeing it first hand, two of those INTs weren't bad throws. Tebow wasn't good today though - I'm not sure if it was the cold or what, but if it was, he'd better get used to it in a hurry in Denver.

That being said, haters are hilarious - a guy can play well for six games while they ignore the facts, then one horrible game and they're chirping "See?? I've been telling you all along he sucks!!"

Tebow was progressing every game until this week, and I'm confident they'll be going to the playoffs. People seem to forget he's still essentially a rookie (13 career starts).  He's going to be just fine.
Not bad throws in that they were spirals? He threw into coverage in three of them. Look back at past games and you'll see that a lot of his passes are up for grab jump balls.
12/25/2011 12:18 AM
Tebow didn't look good today, I've already said that.  But two of those picks, especially the Byrd one, were good defensive plays. Those are picks a lot of QBs could throw, not just "crappy" ones.
12/25/2011 12:45 AM
Posted by Jtpsops on 12/25/2011 12:45:00 AM (view original):
Tebow didn't look good today, I've already said that.  But two of those picks, especially the Byrd one, were good defensive plays. Those are picks a lot of QBs could throw, not just "crappy" ones.
lol -- the first step is always denial. Thanks for this Christmas gift.
12/25/2011 7:32 PM
jtpops, when your boy stinks it up, you've got to say "He stunk it up."

His passes were ugly and he made bad decisions.   He really did have a bad game.  Don't try to spin that.
12/25/2011 10:32 PM
Please don't join the illiterates on this site. I've said a few times he looked terrible and had a bad day.

But I'm still going to give credit when a good play is made. Byrd made a phenomenal read and interception that likely would have victimized a lot of QBs.

One does not discount the other.
12/26/2011 12:43 AM
My point is he was horrible.   Ugly passes and poor decision-making.   Qualifying one of the interceptions as a good or great play is unnecessary.   That's like saying the fat chick isn't that bad if you drink enough, put her in the right lighting and squint when you look at her.
12/26/2011 8:34 AM
I see - so when one player or team has a horrible day, we shouldn't give any credit to any of the players on the opposing team? Everytime the Raiders win, is it only because the other team played poorly?
12/26/2011 11:13 AM
Posted by Jtpsops on 12/26/2011 11:13:00 AM (view original):
I see - so when one player or team has a horrible day, we shouldn't give any credit to any of the players on the opposing team? Everytime the Raiders win, is it only because the other team played poorly?
Why stop there? Shouldn't we be blaming Fox for his playcalling? Or the offensive line? Or the receivers? Or President Obama? C'mon, fanboy, this is a little disappointing by your usual standards. 
12/26/2011 1:38 PM
The other team is always trying to make good plays.   Give them credit if you'd like but, when you have 107 pages of two people defending a player against everyone else on the site, it seems a bit over the top.   Tebow just looked horrible.   Great plays or not, he was brutal.   Poor passing is one thing.   Conditions and great plays by the opponent can account for that.   But he made poor decisions when the other team wasn't making great plays. 
12/26/2011 2:00 PM
And I don't dispute that. I was there in person - he looked really bad. He looked far too hurried and confused most of the game.  The Bills had a good formula, and like the Detroit game, it seemed to be too much for him and he went into fight or flight mode instead of trusting his O-Line and staying calm. Hopefully it's just the sign of a "rookie" QB still getting his bearings in the NFL, and not a regression from progress that's been made in the last couple months.
12/26/2011 5:29 PM
Good formula to best Tebow. Make him throw.
12/26/2011 6:12 PM
◂ Prev 1...105|106|107|108|109...190 Next ▸
Broncos - Ware's the defense? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.