Broncos - Ware's the defense? Topic

*yawn*
1/1/2012 7:53 PM

Tebow sucked some serious balls today but Fox is the worst coach in the NFL(and I'm including Hue Jackson).    If you don't give a QB a chance to throw until 3rd and 7, he's going to get killed.    Of course, some of that is chicken/egg theory.    When given the opp to throw on 2nd, Tebow threw 4 hoppers to the WR. 

1/1/2012 7:55 PM
Posted by AlCheez on 1/1/2012 7:45:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Jtpsops on 1/1/2012 7:12:00 PM (view original):
I blame Fox for this one...you can't go three runs and punt on the first 3-4 drives of a game and expect to win.
Tebow was 0-2 on the 2nd drive and the 3rd was their best of the game that ended with the Tebow fumble.  

Fox obviously isn't the most innovative offensive mind out there, but you can't hang 3 points (that came after a KC botched punt that gave Denver the ball at the KC 20) solely on the head coach.  I'm not trying to re-write his whole season based on the last game or two, but if you can't admit Tebow played poorly today, you've got some blinders on.
He didn't play well, and I never said he did. But he wasn't the reason they lost this game.  I'm just tired of the haters saying that every Broncos win is because of everyone BUT Tebow, but every loss is his fault.  It's a team effort when they win, but a solo effort when they lose? The haters don't realize how hypocritical they are.
1/1/2012 7:55 PM
He led his team to three points.   It wasn't because receivers dropped passes.   His D gave up 7.  I'd lay this one on Tebow. 
1/1/2012 8:00 PM
Yeah, this is all about the haters. lol

But people who suggest Tebow has regressed are fooling themselves. He's just as poor as he was at the start of the season. The difference is teams aren't beating themselves when they play the Broncos. It was instructive that Romeo Crennell decided not to play a soft zone and give Tebow easy throws.

I do feel sorry for the kid but at least I got some good laughs out of this thread from fan boy and the muppet. It will be interesting to see what the Broncos try to do during the offseason because they have the makings of a pretty decent team if they decide to go out and get a NFL quarterback.

1/1/2012 8:06 PM

FWIW, I'm gonna root for Tebow to win the Super Bowl.  I found myself rooting for him when the Raiders were falling behind.    I'd love for the haters to have to eat a **** sandwich.

1/1/2012 8:09 PM
6 for 22 for 60 yards.  Big Game Tim strikes again!!

I can't wait to bet against Teblow and Co vs Pittsburgh.  That is easy money!!
1/1/2012 8:17 PM
Shut it, big_kahuna.
1/1/2012 8:19 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/1/2012 8:09:00 PM (view original):

FWIW, I'm gonna root for Tebow to win the Super Bowl.  I found myself rooting for him when the Raiders were falling behind.    I'd love for the haters to have to eat a **** sandwich.

How does yours and Jtsops taste? Can't believe you guys defended that gawd awful QB for 90 pages.
1/1/2012 8:23 PM
who's your team swinenazi?  I'm guessing they're not in the playoffs
1/1/2012 8:26 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/1/2012 7:55:00 PM (view original):

Tebow sucked some serious balls today but Fox is the worst coach in the NFL(and I'm including Hue Jackson).    If you don't give a QB a chance to throw until 3rd and 7, he's going to get killed.    Of course, some of that is chicken/egg theory.    When given the opp to throw on 2nd, Tebow threw 4 hoppers to the WR. 

FWIW, I scanned the play by play and only found 2-3 times where the Broncos wound up in 3rd and >5 after running the first 2 downs.  As conservative as the gameplan was, they were effective running the ball, so it's not like they were constantly setting him up in bad situations by running the ball into the line and then asking him to throw when everyone knew it was coming.
1/1/2012 8:27 PM
Don't waste your time with facts AlCheez, just throw out random untrue information that furthers whatever point you're trying to make, just like JTard does.
1/1/2012 8:36 PM
Posted by AlCheez on 1/1/2012 8:27:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/1/2012 7:55:00 PM (view original):

FWIW, I scanned the play by play and only found 2-3 times where the Broncos wound up in 3rd and >5 after running the first 2 downs.  As conservative as the gameplan was, they were effective running the ball, so it's not like they were constantly setting him up in bad situations by running the ball into the line and then asking him to throw when everyone knew it was coming.
The fact that you said "2-3 times" tells me you actually just "scanned" the PBP.

Nonetheless, I pulled 3 and 7 out of my *** just like you "scanned" the PBP.  I think we know, in today's game, 3 and 3+ is a passing play.  

If either of us were interested enough to do so, we could find out the actually facts.    But, without looking, I think we both know it was a run, run, WTF now? game plan.
1/1/2012 8:55 PM
That's my gripe with Fox...he's a glorified DC. He's great with the defense but should keep his hands off the offense. I remember the very first drive of the season, against the Raiders, with Orton at the helm, it was run-run-run-punt and I had a really bad feeling.
1/1/2012 9:27 PM
Fox is so terrible he coached a team, that no one predicted to make the playoffs, to a division title.
1/1/2012 9:40 PM
◂ Prev 1...108|109|110|111|112...190 Next ▸
Broncos - Ware's the defense? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.