Broncos - Ware's the defense? Topic

"HE'LL NEVER GET BETTER!!!" isn't a valid point.  It's a dumbass opinion.   Much like when someone says "He's looked terrible on both plays I saw!"
1/16/2012 3:52 PM
Posted by toddcommish on 1/16/2012 3:09:00 PM (view original):
Tebow's development will depend on one big thing....  THE RIGHT TEACHER.

He clearly has the will to improve and the athletic ability to improve.  If he can find a BillWalsh-type guru who understands quarterback mechanics and footwork, he has a chance.  Bill took a similar skill set with Steve Young (albeit with fewer mechanical throwing defects) and made him a HOFer.  Unfortunately for Tebow, Bill is dead.

Elway is the exact WRONG person to teach/mentor Tebow because he is a throwing freak of nature.  As a matter of fact, Steve Young would probably be the best person to play Miyagi to Tebow's LaRusso.
I agree about Elway.   There's nothing out there to indicate he can teach a QB or run a football team.   He could play football.   Beyond that, he's more unproven than Tebow.    Of course, there's no way to know if SY could teach QB to anyone either. 
1/16/2012 3:54 PM

FLUTIE!

1/16/2012 3:58 PM
Who said Tebow won't get better?

Oh and despite how "effective" Tebow was, his team averaged 18.7 PPG. Terrible.
1/16/2012 4:15 PM
Posted by stinenavy on 1/16/2012 4:15:00 PM (view original):
Who said Tebow won't get better?

Oh and despite how "effective" Tebow was, his team averaged 18.7 PPG. Terrible.
They also made the playoffs.   20 other QB did not.  Also won a playoff game.    That's kind of the point of playing, right?  Win the game?
1/16/2012 4:19 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/16/2012 3:52:00 PM (view original):
"HE'LL NEVER GET BETTER!!!" isn't a valid point.  It's a dumbass opinion.   Much like when someone says "He's looked terrible on both plays I saw!"
The point is I didn't see people claim either thing you claim they said without backing it up.  I saw you interpret what people said the way you wanted to since you couldn't argue against the rest of their post.  The closest to he'll never get better I saw was backed up with statistical analysis backing up what was said.  I'd say that makes it valid.  It certainly makes it as valid as using his college stats to prove your side.
1/16/2012 4:34 PM
Weren't you done here several days ago?  Why are you still posting in this thread?

Is there not a game on  that you can ignore and then tell us what you didn't see?
1/16/2012 4:57 PM
Thank you for confirming my point.  Carry on with the idiocy.
1/16/2012 5:02 PM
Posted by slashtc on 1/16/2012 5:02:00 PM (view original):
Thank you for confirming my point.  Carry on with the idiocy.
Oh, it will continue. That's a far more certain proposition than Tebow's improving.
1/16/2012 5:07 PM

He clearly has the will to improve and the athletic ability to improve.  If he can find a BillWalsh-type guru who understands quarterback mechanics and footwork, he has a chance.  Bill took a similar skill set with Steve Young (albeit with fewer mechanical throwing defects) and made him a HOFer.  Unfortunately for Tebow, Bill is dead.

Elway is the exact WRONG person to teach/mentor Tebow because he is a throwing freak of nature.  As a matter of fact, Steve Young would probably be the best person to play Miyagi to Tebow's LaRusso.
Ah, so he needs the right guru. So if Tebow fails next year, Mikey and JT can add Elway to the very long list they compiled of the people who've failed to properly nurture Tim along with Fox and his conservative nature, receivers who drop passes (real and imagined), the offensive line, the defence, blah, blah, blah.

It's interesting many people assume Tebow can make it because of his work habits. It's as if nobody else in the NFL is willing to work as hard as him to attain their goal. That kind of narrative among fans and the media may explain why Tebow is resented by his fellow pros through no fault of his own. It's all about bigging him up for reasons that might have little to do with football. Anyway Tebow's attitude and lifestyle  will help him but it's going to take more than good study habits and godly morals for him to be an effective NFL quarterback.

It also is interesting to hear about how so many quarterbacks are entitled and unwilling to put in the work that TIm is apparently willing to put in. It says a lot more about the posters than it does about the players when people choose to comment on the sense of entitlement and work ethic of people they've never met. 
1/16/2012 5:20 PM
Nobody is saying that he will definitively make it as a successful NFL QB.  But it just seems a bit premature to definitively claim that he cannot.  It comes across as a bit self-serving, just like Colin Cowherd's anti-Tebow rhetoric, which he seems to have adopted as his schtick.
1/16/2012 5:44 PM
So are people suggesting he will improve as a QB in a pro style offense, or improve in the abomination they were trotting out there for him this season? Because that abomination isn't gonna work in the NFL anymore than the wildcat did.
1/16/2012 6:02 PM
Posted by slashtc on 1/16/2012 3:42:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/16/2012 2:14:00 PM (view original):
It's funny because when I say "Player X went from 48 to 51 to 55 percent", it never gets acknowledged.  And virtually EVERY QB who started when he was young went thru the same process.   Too many incompletions/interceptions.   And virtually EVERY ONE of them improved in S2-S3. 

There's no guarantee that he'll get any better.  But history is on his side.
You sir are the expert at ignoring valid points people make.  I don't think you get the right to complain if/when it happens to you.
The reason people are ignoring you is because of the points you've argued vehemently, only to later confess you don't understand what's being argued or didn't see the play/game in question. You've massacred your own credibility.
1/16/2012 6:04 PM
Posted by The Taint on 1/16/2012 6:03:00 PM (view original):
So are people suggesting he will improve as a QB in a pro style offense, or improve in the abomination they were trotting out there for him this season? Because that abomination isn't gonna work in the NFL anymore than the wildcat did.
It worked this season, and teams had plenty of time to adjust. Unless the defense drastically improves, it will not work against the Detroits, Green Bays, New Englands and New Orleans' of the world, but it can work against everyone else.
1/16/2012 6:05 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/16/2012 3:54:00 PM (view original):

I agree about Elway.   There's nothing out there to indicate he can teach a QB or run a football team.   He could play football.   Beyond that, he's more unproven than Tebow.    Of course, there's no way to know if SY could teach QB to anyone either. 
I don't completely agree with this. I don't think he can teach Tebow much about mechanics, but he can teach him a lot about decision making and footwork. Elway was surprisingly nimble and, IIRC, is the all-time leader in rush attempts by a QB. He didn't have Tebow's skillset and Tebow doesn't have his - but he can teach Tebow what to look for in defenses, when to run vs. when to stand fast in the pocket, how to set/move his feet to better set up his passes, and build Tebow's confidence to "pull the trigger" on his passes.

Now, if you're saying he could be a sh*tty teacher, that's entirely possible. But there's no question he has plenty to teach that would benefit Tebow.

1/16/2012 6:10 PM (edited)
◂ Prev 1...170|171|172|173|174...190 Next ▸
Broncos - Ware's the defense? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.