© OFFICIAL 2012 RED SOX REDEMPTION THREAD © Topic

Posted by edsortails on 10/12/2011 8:22:00 AM (view original):
unbelievable bombshell of an article in the Globe today.....

ownership feared Francona had a pain pill addiction......thought he was distracted this season due to the failing of his marriage (he lived in a hotel all season after moving out of his home)

the story shreds Beckett, Lester, and Lackey for being douchebags.....calls out Youkilis, Gonzalez, Varitek (who declared with his reduced role on the team that he didn't care to be a leader anymore), and Ortiz for various reasons....

nobody walks away looking good here but Pedroia, really......
Bigger piece of shi! organization than even I gave them credit for.

I love it.  Suits you Mass-holes fine.
10/12/2011 1:25 PM
the story shreds Beckett, Lester, and Lackey for being douchebags.....

Beckett's always been a douchebag.
10/12/2011 2:03 PM
"Rally beer"?  Really?  What an embarassment this team is.  Just like their fans
10/18/2011 9:25 AM
Maybe instead of asking for compensation from the Cubs for Theo, they should ask the Cubs to take the Lackey contract off their hands and call it a wash.
10/18/2011 1:16 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.

Posted by Peter Abraham, Globe Staff  July 19, 2011 11:17 AM

A loyal reader on Twitter (thanks, Erin!) sent me this link. It's a video from Kevin Fowler and his new song "Hell Yeah, I Like Beer."

Josh Beckett, Tim Wakefield, Clay Buchholz and John Lackey make cameo appearances in the video and maybe all y'all might get a kick out of it.

If you're at work, kill the volume on your computer. Or go home. It's July. Nobody will notice.

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/extras/extra_bases/2011/07/hell_yeah_red_s.html

Lester was also in the video as well.

10/19/2011 4:25 PM
Lackey has Tommy John's....out for the year!  Great news for Red Sox!!
10/25/2011 5:12 PM
Must have done it doing those 12 ounce curls.
10/25/2011 5:32 PM
maybe it forces them into the CC Derby!!!!!

I think this off season is the exact right time to go big and try to convince a big time talent to come here.....being wary of last seasons failure of spending is the last thing they should do

just give the money to the right guys
10/25/2011 5:53 PM
Posted by 05nomar05 on 10/25/2011 5:12:00 PM (view original):
Lackey has Tommy John's....out for the year!  Great news for Red Sox!!
Surgery allows them to keep him for an additional year (club option at major league minimum salary). That is great news!---ha
10/25/2011 6:16 PM
scutaro's option was picked up for next season....he, very quietly, had a solid season this past year
10/31/2011 11:51 PM
CC to stay in New York......

I've never really liked Scutaro all that much...when he signed we were told, 'Boston fans are going to love this guy!!!'....still yet to see why anyone would think that...but he did have a quietly decent season last year, and with the SS of the future still seemingly another year away, I am on board with whatever keeps Lowrie off the field
11/1/2011 8:37 AM
edso, i'm pretty sure that you not hating a player is akin to a normal fan loving a player, they just didn't translate into your standards.
11/1/2011 9:30 AM
I have chronic distaste for failure.....I'm also getting the sense that Boston is not going to be as active this off season as I would like them to be

anyone that thinks, 'we were close except for X that happened....we'll be fine' does not think like a winner......X happened for a reason, the players on hand were not good enough to get it done...that means you have to get better, not roll the same group out there and hope for a better result....
11/1/2011 2:48 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...20 Next ▸
© OFFICIAL 2012 RED SOX REDEMPTION THREAD © Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.