Recruiting - Post Update Topic

Is anyone finding recruiting against sims actually harder? I thought they were going to be scaled-back?
11/20/2011 1:16 AM
I am recruiting in Rockne, I had an OL that I had to put over $16k into just trying to knock off a single sim.  Multiple CV's did not do the trick as usual!!  I sent in a ticket to ask CS if that part of the update went through or if it was being held over as well for next season!  I ended up signing him but it too quite a bit of effort!
11/20/2011 1:37 AM
Single simms are harder..they have already fought off other simms so more effort has been put in. They have to be hit very hard, very fast. Also if the simm was a D1A then 15k might get a D1AA yellow spot.
11/20/2011 3:36 PM
I thought nothing was actually 'turned on' for any aspect until the seasons roll over, except for growth in IQ.
11/20/2011 8:54 PM
Something is definately different with recruiting. The rule of 7 CV's to guaranteed green is no longer true.
11/20/2011 9:05 PM
Posted by quietman on 11/20/2011 3:36:00 PM (view original):
Single simms are harder..they have already fought off other simms so more effort has been put in. They have to be hit very hard, very fast. Also if the simm was a D1A then 15k might get a D1AA yellow spot.
It was a D1AA sim with a 5-8 record last season, while I played for the National Championship! 
11/20/2011 9:59 PM
I actually found knocking off sims to be easier this time around.
11/20/2011 10:16 PM
Posted by ermackey on 11/20/2011 9:05:00 PM (view original):
Something is definately different with recruiting. The rule of 7 CV's to guaranteed green is no longer true.
it's called been at a mid major vs. been at a BCS school.
11/20/2011 10:16 PM
Posted by 0bigzeke0 on 11/20/2011 8:54:00 PM (view original):
I thought nothing was actually 'turned on' for any aspect until the seasons roll over, except for growth in IQ.
The only thing not turned on is Formation IQ.  You can see Formation IQ and it goes up, but its effects are off until season rollover for each world.

All the other aspects of the update (besides Formation IQ effects) take effect immediately.
11/20/2011 11:07 PM
Posted by DKC on 11/20/2011 10:16:00 PM (view original):
I actually found knocking off sims to be easier this time around.
I agree ... I came back at Kentucky after dropping all my teams for 4 months and knocking off SIMs seemed easier to me.
11/20/2011 11:09 PM
The recruiting changes are in effect.  The only changes made were to DII and DIII recruiting as those are where we found the most balance issues between Sim AI recruiting amounts and human recruiting amounts.  DIA and DIAA values were not changed.  We will continue to monitor recruiting and feedback and see where it stands the next time we make an update.
11/21/2011 10:56 AM
I am in the midst of a D-II recruiting session and it *seems* that recruits with three SimAIs are a little easier to knock off, while recruits with one SimAI are much harder to knock off.  Just one season, one team.  Take it for what it's worth.
11/21/2011 12:56 PM
At DIA, it took $25k for my BCS non-elite to knock a single non-BCS school off a recruit local to me. That feels harder than usual, but it is only a single example.
11/21/2011 2:48 PM
Posted by treyomo on 11/21/2011 2:48:00 PM (view original):
At DIA, it took $25k for my BCS non-elite to knock a single non-BCS school off a recruit local to me. That feels harder than usual, but it is only a single example.
That is OK, it has taken me 40,000 to beat a single sim for an OL prospect. A bit extreme to me.I signed others for less than 20K in the same situation.
11/21/2011 3:46 PM
I submitted a ticket and got the following response.

Hi XXXX,

The following is a post from Norbert in the GD forums:
"The recruiting changes are in effect. The only changes made were to DII and DIII recruiting as those are where we found the most balance issues between Sim AI recruiting amounts and human recruiting amounts. DIA and DIAA values were not changed. We will continue to monitor recruiting and feedback and see where it stands the next time we make an update."

Additionally, we've looked at the code and we can confirm that nothing was changed with DI recruiting.

I have followed-up with a new email citing specific examples in hopes they will investigate further. Others may want to do the same.  I trust that they did not intentionally change anything in D1 recruiting, but there has been a change in the effect. I assume there is a hiden unintended consequence. Spending $24k to knock-off a sim from a player in your backyard should not happening.

11/21/2011 3:53 PM
1|2|3...9 Next ▸
Recruiting - Post Update Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.