Recruiting - Post Update Topic

Posted by hlbart on 11/26/2011 11:35:00 PM (view original):
" ...  I have never seen a SIM school come back onto a recruit after being knocked off. "

Neither have I. I hope I never do - this would definitely present a new, and troubling, problem in recruiting.
It's rare but does happen. Bears truth to the "sims never give up" theory. And who wouldn't with unlimited resources. That has changed now I hope.
11/27/2011 8:37 AM
Posted by tnscout on 11/26/2011 10:46:00 PM (view original):
I'll tell you this:  I only entered into this thread for two reasons.  The first reason being the reference to chaos theory, a beloved topic of mine.  The second reason being that during this recently ended recruiting season in Camp, I saw something I had never seen before.  I have played this game for 5 years and under multiple monikers (hence my seemingly low number of seasons on this ID).  I had a recruit that had 3 SIM schools recruiting him when I started my attack.  I quickly wiped out 2 of the schools with CVs.  With only 1 SIM school remaining, I threw another 4 or 5 CVs on him which may or may not have been overkill.  I didn't want to take a chance.  The very next cycle, the last SIM school was gone and I had the recruit green.  The following cycle, I logged in to find the recruit yellow, and the school on him was one of the first 2 SIM schools I knocked off with my first round of CVs.  I have never seen a SIM school come back onto a recruit after being knocked off.  

My first thought on this matter was something has changed with the recruiting code in D1A.  Norbert soon verified nothing had changed.  I'm still confused as to what happened.  Being that it had been 3 full cycles since the team had been knocked off, I knew it could not have involved a delayed update or anything of that sort.  I have never even heard of this, much less witnessed it.  This could very well be one of those deals that have always been there, I just hadn't encountered it yet.  It could also have been one of those SIM schools that recruit harder and actually came back onto a recruit.

Back to your point though, yes it is hard to develop reliable and irrefutable evidence without a control group.  Only based on my own situation, I think recruiting is something that is worthy of monitoring to see if these are outliers or if a problem does exist.  I also appreciate those that don't know about or don't subscribe to chaos theory, claiming nothing is wrong.  I'm very open minded and won't belittle anybody's thought process.  I'm one of those "I can appreciate it, but I don't have to understand/agree with it" kind of people.
That is something I have never noticed before.

Thanks for the positive contribution to the thread. Signings start tuesday and I am interested to see if this thread gets some new life.
11/28/2011 1:14 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
First, I'll admit that I have not gone back and read all of the many posts on this thread.  However, I've seen many posts regarding recruiting and I'd just like to lay a question on the table for the group.

Do you think that the influx of new human coaches into the various worlds has changed the dynamics of how the SIMs operate?  In a world with a lot of SIMS, the SIM can easily just go after another player that they are already "recruiting".  In a world with many more humans, knocking SIMs off of recruits....eventually at least some of the SIMs would have to "fight back", so to speak, and either put up a much stronger fight or come back to previously established recruits.

I'm just throwing that out as a potential reason for some of the "unusual" observances.

Thoughts?

P.S.  I start recruiting in Wilkinson tomorrow...so I'll be interested to find out if I observe any of this myself.  There are certainly more human coaches this season.

11/28/2011 7:11 AM
Posted by harriswb3 on 11/28/2011 7:13:00 AM (view original):
First, I'll admit that I have not gone back and read all of the many posts on this thread.  However, I've seen many posts regarding recruiting and I'd just like to lay a question on the table for the group.

Do you think that the influx of new human coaches into the various worlds has changed the dynamics of how the SIMs operate?  In a world with a lot of SIMS, the SIM can easily just go after another player that they are already "recruiting".  In a world with many more humans, knocking SIMs off of recruits....eventually at least some of the SIMs would have to "fight back", so to speak, and either put up a much stronger fight or come back to previously established recruits.

I'm just throwing that out as a potential reason for some of the "unusual" observances.

Thoughts?

P.S.  I start recruiting in Wilkinson tomorrow...so I'll be interested to find out if I observe any of this myself.  There are certainly more human coaches this season.

I think it definately changes the dynamic. How and to what degree is the question. This is discussed in-depth on page 8.
11/28/2011 12:31 PM
I have spent 31K on fighting one SIM. I've sent 5 CV's every recruiting period and he still hangs on yellow. I don't want to give up now since I have invested so heavily but this is not good. Should I be throwing other things at him also, like Head coach visits and Assistant coach visits. I thought CV's were supposed to be the way to go.
11/28/2011 5:12 PM
Posted by beebster32 on 11/28/2011 5:12:00 PM (view original):
I have spent 31K on fighting one SIM. I've sent 5 CV's every recruiting period and he still hangs on yellow. I don't want to give up now since I have invested so heavily but this is not good. Should I be throwing other things at him also, like Head coach visits and Assistant coach visits. I thought CV's were supposed to be the way to go.
Stick with CV's
11/28/2011 5:26 PM
Posted by ermackey on 11/28/2011 5:26:00 PM (view original):
Stick with CV's
I'd try 71 AC Scouts.
11/28/2011 5:37 PM
Send 4 CV and throw in a HC home visit to see if that helps.
11/28/2011 6:56 PM
Which of your teams are you referring to? What is the SIM school involved?
11/28/2011 7:15 PM
Posted by awags on 11/28/2011 7:15:00 PM (view original):
11/28/2011 10:14 PM
Which of your teams are you referring to? What is the SIM school involved?Which of your teams are you referring to? What is the SIM school involved?

This is my UTEP team and I am going against Texas Tech. I am slightly further away. I have now spent 33K.
11/28/2011 10:52 PM
Posted by beebster32 on 11/28/2011 10:52:00 PM (view original):
Which of your teams are you referring to? What is the SIM school involved?Which of your teams are you referring to? What is the SIM school involved?

This is my UTEP team and I am going against Texas Tech. I am slightly further away. I have now spent 33K.
Texas Tech is a BCS school and will have a prestige advantage against your mid-major school. I have also found it harder to knock one SIM school off of a recruit than it is to knock off three. I don't know if that is what happened here but I suggest sending more than 5 cv's in a cycle, especially early on.
11/28/2011 11:29 PM
Posted by awags on 11/28/2011 11:29:00 PM (view original):
Posted by beebster32 on 11/28/2011 10:52:00 PM (view original):

Texas Tech is a BCS school and will have a prestige advantage against your mid-major school. I have also found it harder to knock one SIM school off of a recruit than it is to knock off three. I don't know if that is what happened here but I suggest sending more than 5 cv's in a cycle, especially early on.
I agree. Prior to this past recruiting cycle, I have been able to pretty regularly knock off BCS schools with a midmajor using 8 CV's or 49 AC Scouts in the first round. Go harder faster when you are a midmajor against a BCS.

Also, I try to target SIMS that are outside 360 miles of the recruit. Texas Tech has too much staying power if they choose to fight. You need to bleed a BCS sim and picking one out of the region is a better strategy.
11/29/2011 12:43 PM
◂ Prev 1...7|8|9
Recruiting - Post Update Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.