2015 Orioles Thread - DEAD & BURIED Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
As a fellow Raider fan, I think you can understand.   Of course, Al also wanted to win an whatever cost, he just got left behind.
9/7/2012 5:55 PM
Boy, the Yankees are sure lucky Chen is pitching like crap or they wouldn't stand a chance!
9/7/2012 8:18 PM
This game is like watching two heavyweights throwing haymaker after haymaker - second consecutive 6HR game in the series.
9/7/2012 9:53 PM
Didn't see it.  But did you enjoy your day in first?
9/8/2012 8:21 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by MikeT23 on 9/8/2012 8:21:00 AM (view original):
Didn't see it.  But did you enjoy your day in first?
I did...but it's not like it was the first. They were in first for a while in April and a few days in May, and again on Tuesday night. There will be more to come - I'm not too worried about it, especially if Yankee pitchers keep coughing up gopher balls like this.
9/8/2012 12:43 PM
Posted by Got_Worms on 1/20/2012 1:08:00 PM (view original):
No matter what happens the rest of the offseason, these teams are already eliminated from playoff contention:

Oakland
Seattle
Kansas City
Chicago
Baltimore
Houston
Pittsburgh
Washington
New York Mets

I think the Nationals will be a very good team in a couple years, as long as Harper lives up to expectations, but I can't possibly see them competing in the NL East in 2012.

Either way, I think we can all agree Got_Worms is worse at predictions than me.

4 of the 9 teams he eliminated from the playoffs before the season started could end up making the playoffs (and that's assuming his Chicago team is the Cubs).

Good call on the Nats too.

9/8/2012 12:45 PM
Big trouble for the Os if Markakis is out again
9/8/2012 10:04 PM

Where is the rant about the umpiring tonight?

9/8/2012 10:30 PM
I thought it was bad both ways. The strike zone was monstrous for both teams. The Yanks probably have a legitimate gripe over that call at first to end the game.
9/8/2012 10:37 PM
9/8/2012 10:57 PM
I hadn't seen a replay yet, but yes, he was clearly safe. Unfortunately, the ump doesn't have the benefit of that still pic to make his call with, and as has been argued on these boards before, players sliding head first at firstbase can sometimes mess with the ump who's used to looking for a foot come down on the bag.  When a foot comes down on the bag, the ump can see it clearly - when a hand is sliding in from the front side, the ump has the bag partially blocking his view. Is it a good/valid excuse? Not at all, but it happens.

I'm certainly not gonna complain about it, but it was a bad call. The umping overall in the game wasn't great, for either team.
9/9/2012 12:14 AM
Markakis out for 6 weeks with a broken thumb...probably the worst thing that could have happened to the O's right now outside of Jones getting hurt. They flatlined when Markakis got hurt the first time and really started to pick it up when he took over leadoff duties.

Ford isn't the answer, so I think the best case scenario for the O's right now is to bat McLouth leadoff, play Davis in right and hope to hell Thome can channel some of that old power when he comes back. Avery can probably pick up the slack defensively, but he still struggles to hit with any kind of consistency. The last thing I want is to see Betemit back in the lineup.
9/9/2012 12:46 AM
It was a horrible call.  Tex didn't do himself any favors by sliding, though.  Makes the call much less routine for the ump.  And I can think of at least 3 games the O's have lost this year on bad calls, so it obviously goes both ways.
9/9/2012 2:16 AM
◂ Prev 1...12|13|14|15|16...75 Next ▸
2015 Orioles Thread - DEAD & BURIED Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.