2015 Orioles Thread - DEAD & BURIED Topic

Chen's probably going to need to adjust to the league now that it's had time to adjust to him.  His stuff definitely isn't dominant, so he needs to stay one step ahead of  the hitters.  He'll have to throw less fastballs next season if he wants to be as successful as he was this year.  I think he does have the potential to stick around for a while if he makes adjustments.  There may have been an element of being gassed, though, what with the long season of pitching every 5th day instead of every 6th.

And here's hoping Wieters can work a miracle with Saunders...

10/5/2012 5:36 AM
Darvish is also a strikeout pitcher, facing a team that strikes out a lot. I don't see the Orioles scoring a ton of runs...Saunders needs to find his best stuff tonight.
10/5/2012 6:26 AM
I'm actually kind of glad Darvish is pitching.  Sure, he might be your Game 1 starter in a standard playoff series.  But I'm not sure he's your Game 7 starter.  The rest of that staff has a lot of playoff seasoning, even though a lot of them are still fairly young.  Darvish may or may not have nerves.  Maybe he's too young to get nerves.  We'll see.  I do wish the Orioles had seen him once or twice, though.
10/5/2012 4:50 PM
I'll be the first to give Saunders props. What gutsy performance. Didn't have great command, but boy did he pitch his *** off. I'm off to Baltimore for the first two games of the ALDS...the Yard is gonna be rockin'!
10/6/2012 12:01 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
LOOK OUT YANKS, WE'RE COMIN' FOR YA!!!
10/6/2012 7:54 AM
10/6/2012 8:05 AM
Saunders was horrible just as jtpops predicted.

FIRE BUCK AND HIRE JTPOPS FOR THE ALDS!!!!!
10/6/2012 12:02 PM
We both know if Buck had any other option, he would have gone with it. I give full credit to Saunders for that performance, not Buck
10/6/2012 1:48 PM
For ****'s sake.  You mentioned Johnson and Hammel on the last page.  WTF?   Man up, admit Showalter's left nut knows more baseball than you and STFU.
10/6/2012 3:48 PM
I'm trusting Buck, like you said. So when he said Hammel wouldn't be ready till Sunday, and he went with Saunders because he didn't know if Johnson's knee was 100%, I believe him.

Now sit back and watch the Os rape your team.
10/6/2012 4:31 PM
Ok, Showalter's dumber right nut.
10/6/2012 4:35 PM
I'm confused. Do you want me to trust Buck or not? When he says a guy started because someone else was not 100%, that usually means it wasn't his top choice.

But I'm thankful I have you here to read Bucks mind and translate. It's such a relief
10/6/2012 4:45 PM
Ok, Showalter's dumber right nut.
10/6/2012 4:48 PM
◂ Prev 1...19|20|21|22|23...75 Next ▸
2015 Orioles Thread - DEAD & BURIED Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.