2015 Orioles Thread - DEAD & BURIED Topic

Great game from the O's rebounding from yesterdays debacle. Gausman looked awesome. The slider was finally working, which made his fastball more effective. He made Cabrera take one of the worst swings I think you'll ever see him take. I'm glad the O's came back because Gausman didn't deserve to take the loss in that one.

Davis with another HR (and another double). On pace to join Albert Belle in the 50 HR/50 2B club.
6/2/2013 9:45 PM
Gausman still taking his lumps, but once he learns to control that fastball and tighten up his slider, he's going to be something special.

Wouldn't this be true of virtually any pitcher?
6/5/2013 12:23 AM
Not if they don't have quality pitches. There are plenty of pitchers who can control their pitches and they're still average at best.
6/7/2013 3:08 PM
Tommy Hunter goes the 8th and 9th for the save tonight, absolutely dealing. He has closer written all over him. With JJ's struggles and likely high price tag next season, O's should really consider trading him, as much as I like the guy.

Gausman finally figures out how to get his first major league win - pitch in relief. Enters down 3-0 and pitches 4.1 shutout IP for the win.

Bundy had his TJ surgery yesterday and said it went well. Here's hoping he recovers like Zimmerman, Strasburg, etc. Pretty much kills the O's changes of pulling off a blockbuster trade for an ace, if they were considering it.
6/28/2013 9:58 PM
I don't think we can afford to trade Johnson.  He may be performing less well than typically in the past (although until the past year and a half he did struggle in multiple stints as the closer).  Worst-case scenario you move him to the 7th or 8th inning.  But we don't have quite enough depth to spare a solid arm, even if he's not closing.  Hunter can't toss 2 innings every day.  Maybe he can, really.  He'd probably love the opportunity.  But no modern manager, not even Buck, has the balls to do that with a pitcher, because he'd take so much heat and likely forfeit his job if the guy goes down with an injury, whether the usage really caused it or not.  I think with our rotation in the shape it's in we need Johnson, Hunter, Matusz, Patton, and O'Day, and we have to hope Strop rounds back into form.
6/29/2013 1:46 AM
I didn't mean right now, but Duquette has to look forward. If they see Hunter closing next season and JJ's price tag is going to go up again in the winter, maybe they see if they can get something for him that will still contribute down the stretch.
6/29/2013 11:48 AM
I guess, but I'd still hate to part with a quality bullpen arm...
6/29/2013 4:01 PM
2 more bombs tonight - Davis is a beast. With the year he's having, he could make a run at Maris's AL HR record
6/29/2013 10:26 PM
Not on pace for it.  Machado is still on pace for the ML doubles record, not that I expect him to get it.
6/30/2013 5:00 AM
Posted by Jtpsops on 6/29/2013 10:26:00 PM (view original):
2 more bombs tonight - Davis is a beast. With the year he's having, he could make a run at Maris's AL HR record
He should try to bunt for base hits when the shift is on.
6/30/2013 6:42 AM
At home, when the team is down by 1 run in the 9th and he's leading off - yes he should. Glad you finally agree.
6/30/2013 12:25 PM
Posted by dahsdebater on 6/30/2013 5:00:00 AM (view original):
Not on pace for it.  Machado is still on pace for the ML doubles record, not that I expect him to get it.
He's on pace for 59. And the ball really flies out of Camden in July and August. We'll see.
6/30/2013 12:26 PM
Posted by Jtpsops on 6/30/2013 12:25:00 PM (view original):
At home, when the team is down by 1 run in the 9th and he's leading off - yes he should. Glad you finally agree.

Yeah, I drank a big cup a dumbass about 6:40 this morning.  Then I posted.

6/30/2013 1:07 PM
Your wife likes oral that early?
6/30/2013 1:49 PM
Had a sleepover at your mom's.  
6/30/2013 1:54 PM
◂ Prev 1...38|39|40|41|42...75 Next ▸
2015 Orioles Thread - DEAD & BURIED Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.