It has been ages since I have started a league, and thanks to a suggestion by the _skipper, here is what I came up with…
The title says it all. Most leagues nowadays and in the past, be they franchise leagues or just straight theme leagues with specific parameters, always seem to involve either players from the post expansion era or the old fogies (which, contrary to public opinion I did NOT see play!).
This league is dedicated to the forgotten guys from the late 40’s, 50’s and the 60’s up to expansion. I mean how often do you find Pierre Pilote, Sid Abel or Cesare Maniago on teams in expansion leagues? Well in this one you very likely might. Here are the rules:
Salary cap - $90 million.
Injuries – max 2
ML’ers – none
P.I. – none
Shootouts – not in effect
Waiver Wire – allowed within rules
Trades – off
League Number – not hidden
PLEASE NOTE THE CHANGE IN THE DEFENSIVE PARAMETER FOR FORWARDS FROM 600 TO 725!!!!!!!
And the rest…
- total defensive ratings for starting 12 forwards must not exceed 725 (scrubs exempt)
- total def ratings for defensemen must not exceed 400 (scrubs exempt)
- maximum defensive rating for all players is 70
- you MUST draft (AND PLAY until injured) 4 centres, 4 left wingers, 4 right wingers and 6 defensemen
- no two skaters’ last names can start with the same letter (goalies exempt)
- goalie save percentage <90.00% and you MUST draft 3 goalies!
- at least 1 player’s first name must be a nickname: Toe or Dutch is acceptable (not a shortened first name like Alf or Vic)
This is not an easy draft, however, as skipper put it, not enough to have one committed to an asylum. Check it out, give it a shot.