Planned Update - Later this Year Topic

It's ok with me as long as it gets done. :-)
4/4/2012 2:41 PM
Yeah, like I said, I might've just totally misunderstood the original timeline.

Let's just get it right and make it fun again!

4/4/2012 3:06 PM
I think maybe the very first indications were more of an earlier timeline, but if I had to guess, once he started ripping apart the old code to understand it, he realized just how much needed to be changed, to accommodate the things that the Council was asking for.  And the Council, in addition to our own ideas, are bringing the general forum's ideas in.

It's a lot to do.
4/5/2012 11:47 AM
How about a preseason poll that is more reflective of the teams capabilities, rather than simply listing all of the elites first and then everyone else?
4/5/2012 2:10 PM
 How can I get on the "beta test team"? And, If selected, do I get one of those snazzy NASA jump suits?
4/5/2012 5:06 PM
IF it's not beta tested, I am not paying for it. Make sure it passes inspection before rolling it out.
4/5/2012 10:22 PM
I've gone through the first 15 pages and I still can't find the date new engine will be tweaked?   Later this year means Fall or winter of 2012 or Later this year this summer from the original date of post in January?
4/7/2012 10:54 AM
Posted by bogalicious on 4/7/2012 10:54:00 AM (view original):
I've gone through the first 15 pages and I still can't find the date new engine will be tweaked?   Later this year means Fall or winter of 2012 or Later this year this summer from the original date of post in January?
Look at the end of page 23. It will give you a good idea as to when.
4/7/2012 6:28 PM
Would it be possible to include transfers in the future? Say, someone who was a finalist with your team in the previous year, they don't get the playing time they were promised, so they come back to you looking to transfer.
4/10/2012 9:18 AM
For this update, we are focusing only on engine changes, which includes game plans. Really only looking for suggestions regarding those.
4/10/2012 10:24 AM
sorry norbert  have not read all your threads    --the big issue and really only issue with this newer engine is that ratings ( incl ) stamina seem to lose a lot of their meaning

have had countless games in which our lines are FAR FAR superior to another team yeat a top five DIII back gets stuffed in games by a crummy def

or a poor back with 40-50 elus etc. runs for a 100 when that backs oline is 10-20 points a player less than the opponents dline cores 

go in many times and have no idea what to expect    have had several games in various worlds where a team rated at least a 100 slots higher have lost
and seem to be outmatched or outgained  ( just going by guess ratings which i know are just guidellines )

in old engine had good idea of how we would play  and the line play was critical on both sides much like real world
anyways  thx  for yur efforts   just tired of losing    the fan base is down to less than 100 these days
maybe i should drug test these top recr because they are under achieving  not sure if that will be written into new update
maybe engine update should just delete St. Olaf - it would be a fitting end ........ 

4/11/2012 10:56 PM
Upset settings are broken. 
4/12/2012 10:53 PM
It would be nice if we had the option to set calling the time outs inside 3 minutes of each half. I would perhaps want to call them in the 1st half when winning by a set point spread and perhaps not in the 2nd half. The option to on side kick would be interesting as well. I would think the onside kick choice would be set to open either half as well as by point spread in the 4th QT. I would also like a hands team on the ST as well as a punt squad roster. ST makes up a 3rd of the game yet we have zero imput right now. Clubs do go for blocks and returns it is a huge part of the game. Depending on the return man you could kick out of bounds or deep.Right now punters have the least importance in recuiting due to their limited effect in the game that would change.

I like the way the game is playing now and I think that it is stable which is very important to me. 
4/16/2012 7:39 AM
Something to possibly look at is that it seems a whole lot of QB's leave early for the NFL and in some cases are not even drafted.  Possibly look at that process or the decision making process behind it.
4/16/2012 12:33 PM
Now that the silly level 1-5 is gone, or going, for the rushing game add pass distribution by receiver back in and give me a reason to come back and spend money here.
4/16/2012 1:21 PM
◂ Prev 1...22|23|24|25|26...31 Next ▸
Planned Update - Later this Year Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.