I Just don't get It !!! Topic

Posted by zubinsum on 3/11/2012 5:40:00 PM (view original):
Posted by napolean on 3/11/2012 2:50:00 PM (view original):
I don't get why people are so fascinated by idiotic "Reality" shows.
And I don't get why people idolize talentless reality celebs like Paris Hilton, The Kardashians and anyone on the Jersey Shore.  Being a vain, talentless whore is not a good thing folks.
+1
3/12/2012 12:29 AM
Well I am glad you got that out brother poet.  I will be praying for you and your SUN.
3/12/2012 9:58 AM
I don't get why people want to misuse the apostrophe to indicate plurality. That is not one of its functions. In the case of RBI, it could be printed RsBI, but should not be R'sBI. I actually prefer simply BI, since the R is superfluous.

And, yes, I'm sure there are people who don't get why anyone else worries about the usage of apostrophes.
3/12/2012 7:56 PM
The misuse of apostrophes - frankly, the abysmal decline in grammar and punctuation in general - is something i find inexplicable as well.  What are we teaching in our elementary school English classes?
3/12/2012 8:36 PM
Posted by doubletruck on 3/12/2012 7:56:00 PM (view original):
I don't get why people want to misuse the apostrophe to indicate plurality. That is not one of its functions. In the case of RBI, it could be printed RsBI, but should not be R'sBI. I actually prefer simply BI, since the R is superfluous.

And, yes, I'm sure there are people who don't get why anyone else worries about the usage of apostrophes.
You're right about that. That's the same way I feel about people that erroneously start sentences with conjunctions.
3/12/2012 9:15 PM (edited)
The misuse of there, their, and they're in addition to the misuse of your and you're really bothers me.  

In fact, here:

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/misspelling
3/12/2012 9:06 PM
I just don't get why people refuse to use that skinny little lever sticking out of the left side of the steering column before turning their vehicle.

it mightn't be a big deal in some parts of the country/world - but here in NYC, it's blood vessel-busting material.
3/12/2012 9:29 PM
I don't get why people ask, "If you were me what would you do?" clearly if I were you I wouldn't be here to ask me what I would do.
3/12/2012 9:59 PM
People who walk with their heads down while texting, fully expecting oncoming walkers to avoid them.  Assuming no responsibility for others' right of way.
3/12/2012 10:13 PM
I work in a restaurant, and one night a person was walking quickly through our bar while looking down and texting.  The person didn't pay attention where he was walking, and crashed right through a plate glass window next to our front door.  Once I determined the person was unhurt other than a knot on the forehead (miraculously), it was all I could do to keep from laughing.  Of course, we had to eat the cost of replacing the window, but it was almost worth it.
3/12/2012 10:46 PM
I just don't get why the idiot politicians think that they need to solve the problems of the country when they really need to focus on solving the problems they have created in government!
3/12/2012 11:13 PM
I, too, work in the food industry(as a baker, a caterer, and a waiter) and I just don't get why someone would ask a server 'is this(item on the menu) any good?"

Lord, there are times I'd love to say 'no, lady...it tastes like sh*t" 

just to see the reaction

3/12/2012 11:16 PM
bklynborn - I've done that - well, not said 'sh*t'.  I'm a sommelier/wine director, and I often get guests asking me if a particular wine is good.  When I think the guest will roll with it, I have replied "no, not really; I was having a bad day when I put it on the list."
3/12/2012 11:32 PM
Posted by bklynborn on 3/12/2012 11:16:00 PM (view original):
I, too, work in the food industry(as a baker, a caterer, and a waiter) and I just don't get why someone would ask a server 'is this(item on the menu) any good?"

Lord, there are times I'd love to say 'no, lady...it tastes like sh*t" 

just to see the reaction

I have asked people in food service such things.  They never say something is bad (unless you get to know them) but they don't give all items equal praise.
3/13/2012 1:05 AM
why do we park in driveways and drive on parkways?
3/13/2012 8:07 AM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...8 Next ▸
I Just don't get It !!! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.