I Just don't get It !!! Topic

Absolutely, I agree Bottomlee, the studs do win in the playoffs.  When I say adjusting your roster to more qualitative post season patterns, the biggest is having two stud starters in a three man rotation going every other day.  Carrying a quality third starter(in a three man rotation) may get you a few more wins during the regular season but the cost you've paid for that guy may water down your roster when he isn't nessesarilly needed in the post-season.  Many people think that they have a better team(for the post season) because they've won more games in the regular season. That's not always the case. Another example is  when I field homerun heavy teams, I know that i've won more regular season games by simply bludgeoning the bad teams with power hence a better record, but in the playoffs but my team will not fare as well when HRs become less frequent. 
3/28/2012 1:38 AM
The plural of "RBI" is "RBIs."
4/2/2012 1:33 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
o
4/3/2012 9:31 AM
I don't get why someone can't invent a dust pan that doesn't leave that stupid line of dirt behind! Up yours line of dirt!!
4/6/2012 1:37 PM
Throw away the dustpan and use a vacuum or a Swiffer Sweeper!
4/6/2012 4:43 PM
Posted by teaparty on 4/2/2012 1:33:00 PM (view original):
RBI is plural. It means both run batted in and runs batted in.
4/7/2012 3:44 AM
Posted by doubletruck on 4/7/2012 3:44:00 AM (view original):
Posted by teaparty on 4/2/2012 1:33:00 PM (view original):
RBI is plural. It means both run batted in and runs batted in.
Sorry, no.
4/7/2012 4:31 PM
The plural of acronyms or initialisms is formed by adding an 's' to the entire acronym/initialism, so the plural of RBI is RBIs.
4/7/2012 7:58 PM
Posted by pinotfan on 4/7/2012 7:58:00 PM (view original):
The plural of acronyms or initialisms is formed by adding an 's' to the entire acronym/initialism, so the plural of RBI is RBIs.
Sorry, but I think it does not work that way. RBI is both plural and singular. "He led the league with 112 RBI." "In yesterday's game, he had two hits and one RBI." The plurality is determined by context. You would never write "run batted ins."
Nevertheless, your approach would not be misunderstood, and manuals of style (MOS) tend to be silent on this question.

So, have it your way. I'll strike this one from my list of pet peeves.

4/10/2012 12:51 PM (edited)
I dont get why John Elway traded away yet another #1 pick at QB because he wasnt a drop back passer with accuracy? Hummmmmm...wait was he talking about Tebow or himself? I seem to remember the same comments about Mr Elway his whole career. Maybe Tebow will get lucky like Elway did and get a horse of a runningback to carry him to a few SuperBowl wins? Just dont get it...as Al said "just win baby"
4/12/2012 2:50 AM
I don't get fans that reach onto the field of play to touch a FAIR ball.  Then obliviously putting their needs ahead of everyone at the park, jump for joy as they turn a bases clearing double into a send the home team runner back to third double.  When I'm king of the world front row seats will have harnesses like the ones on the roller coaster at the amuesment park. Who are these people?
5/29/2012 9:23 AM
Posted by crimsonblue on 3/11/2012 9:30:00 AM (view original):
I don't get PeeWee Reese being in the hall of fame!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why don't we just put all of the just above average shortstops like Dave Concepcion( who has similar numbers) in too!!!!!!!!!!
I don't know anything about PeeWee, but anyone who saw Davey C frequently enough and thinks he SHOUDN'T be in the HOF doesn't know baseball. Best defensive shortstop in the game throught the 70's  (unreal combo of range and arm strength, smooth as silk on the DP) AND a devastatingly good clutch hitter, even during those years where is overall offensive numbers weren't that great.
6/1/2012 3:12 PM
Posted by crimsonblue on 5/29/2012 9:23:00 AM (view original):
I don't get fans that reach onto the field of play to touch a FAIR ball.  Then obliviously putting their needs ahead of everyone at the park, jump for joy as they turn a bases clearing double into a send the home team runner back to third double.  When I'm king of the world front row seats will have harnesses like the ones on the roller coaster at the amuesment park. Who are these people?
Great point.  I totally agree.  You're 1 for 2 in the comment department. ;o)
6/1/2012 3:14 PM
I don't understand why a left handed thrower can't play 2nd base
6/1/2012 3:21 PM
◂ Prev 1...3|4|5|6|7|8 Next ▸
I Just don't get It !!! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.