Random Thread (title was chanaged upon request) Topic

metsmax, Thanks for your answer. It is appreciated.
3/14/2012 10:47 PM
I had a run in with fred several seasons back.  It actually taught me a lesson, but I still thought it was a bush move on his part.  He eventually moved on to another job.
3/14/2012 10:51 PM
Posted by fredpaull on 3/14/2012 10:44:00 PM (view original):
keep it coming.  By the way, I taught for six years and from those six 5th grade classes I had seven D1 student athletes in my self-contained classes, including one who played in the Super Bowl for the St.Louis Cardinals. I was an elementary principal for 31 years and the year I retired (from an inner city school of 600 hispanic students I had 12 former students who were currently enrolled at the Univ. of Okla. not to mention the others enrolled at other colleges and universities. Any of  you might jump my *** about this sim but I do not try to imagine the outstanding job I did as a building administrator.  My job was as important as any in this nation.  I developed young students brains, how they conducted their business, and how they acted in this world.  I might mention that I did fail 3 students in the 37 years, as I have three former students on death row and have lost four through murder or drug abuse.  I could care less how I spell or use grammar. (ever heard of cormac mccarthy?) So live with it folks.  I appreciate those of you who did address the initial (post right or wrong of calling out a coach without reason). Again thank you.  I appreciate your thoughts. 
I'm not going to jump on the grammar correcting bandwagon, but I do have a question. Do you mean the "World Series with the St. Louis Cardinals" or do you mean the "Super Bowl with the Arizona Cardinals?" Not sure if you are trying to keep everyone on their toes, or if you just got really lucky in that both of these events happened in the last couple years. Either way it's pretty funny.

p.s. I understand the player in question could be a multi-sport athlete, so if it's both I'll be even more impressed
3/14/2012 10:52 PM
Posted by bdpoor on 3/14/2012 10:52:00 PM (view original):
keep it coming.  By the way, I taught for six years and from those six 5th grade classes I had seven D1 student athletes in my self-contained classes, including one who played in the Super Bowl for the St.Louis Cardinals. I was an elementary principal for 31 years and the year I retired (from an inner city school of 600 hispanic students I had 12 former students who were currently enrolled at the Univ. of Okla. not to mention the others enrolled at other colleges and universities. Any of  you might jump my *** about this sim but I do not try to imagine the outstanding job I did as a building administrator.  My job was as important as any in this nation.  I developed young students brains, how they conducted their business, and how they acted in this world.  I might mention that I did fail 3 students in the 37 years, as I have three former students on death row and have lost four through murder or drug abuse.  I could care less how I spell or use grammar. (ever heard of cormac mccarthy?) So live with it folks.  I appreciate those of you who did address the initial (post right or wrong of calling out a coach without reason). Again thank you.  I appreciate your thoughts. 
I'm not going to jump on the grammar correcting bandwagon, but I do have a question. Do you mean the "World Series with the St. Louis Cardinals" or do you mean the "Super Bowl with the Arizona Cardinals?" Not sure if you are trying to keep everyone on their toes, or if you just got really lucky in that both of these events happened in the last couple years. Either way it's pretty funny.

p.s. I understand the player in question could be a multi-sport athlete, so if it's both I'll be even more impressed
beat me to it.....
3/14/2012 10:56 PM
Posted by therewas47 on 3/14/2012 8:59:00 PM (view original):
Thanks for not sharing the link that proves my claim. You know this is more about your attitude than job jumping (although the fact that you brag about  your coaching at the teams you inherit is really annoying). Also, lets be honest you apologized for about 20 minutes then sent another coach a mean message. 
Here's the original reason for me calling you a jerk that you failed to include from my post: http://whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?TopicID=448274&ThreadID=9695373#l_9695373 There have been several more times when you've acted similarly according to numerous coaches.
Anyways, i'm going to stop posting on this for a while or responding to any of your sitemails because you are just baiting me at this point, but that's pretty much your "role" as you called it. 
Link to full transcripts 
Link to his blog if anyone wants to see what type of guy I and others have been dealing with.

Are you a politician?  You seem like one.  You are dealing with me because you want to. You are like a person who wants to butt in to others conversations and make yourself the important one. You have a big nose. You have it in everyone's business.  You must read every chat board you can access. Respectfully, I do appreciate your answer. 

3/14/2012 11:00 PM
Posted by fredpaull on 3/14/2012 10:47:00 PM (view original):
totally serious - have you jumped around cherry picking jobs?  have you been a jerk to this guy or to others in that world or others?  you know better than anyone else.  If factual stuff like jumping around is true and if you have behaved an ill mannered way, that affects how one would assess his comments.  If he's inventing stories, it is different.  
3/14/2012 11:00 PM
Posted by bdpoor on 3/14/2012 10:52:00 PM (view original):

Yes, I made a mistake....I am old enough to call the Arizona Cards St. Louis and still think of the Colts as in Baltimore.  The player is now with the Houston Texans and plays D end.
3/14/2012 11:02 PM
fred, I've never run into you personally. But I've seen ridiculous terrible rantings from you and do know you by reputation -- and that reputation is a poor one. From what I've witnessed, it is well deserved.
3/14/2012 11:03 PM
Two points:

1. I have watched college basketball for most of Lon Kruger's coaching career. Who calls him 'Lonnie'? I googled "Lonnie Kruger" and found an electrical manufacturer professional from Eugene, Oregon on Linkedin. Then I scrolled down and saw who calls him Lonnie are people on Oklahoma Sooners blogs.

2. When you cherry pick and win with someone else's team, then provide a play-by-play commentary of your team and how great your team is, follow that up with site mails where you flex your whatifsports hoop dynasty muscles during recruiting, call someone "a a hole", perhaps you may not want to cry on a simulation chat board that someone commited the mortal sin of making a derogatory comment about your coaching on a conference chat board. It just sounds a little sad.

Okay, three points:

3. As for you analogy of a real coach speaking poorly about another coach without any history of problems, run-ins, etc., are you the coach without the history of problems, run-ins, etc.?  If so, that sounds pretty funny since I just spent all of this time reading what you have written about and to others in just this season alone.
3/14/2012 11:07 PM
Posted by metsmax on 3/14/2012 11:00:00 PM (view original):
Posted by fredpaull on 3/14/2012 10:47:00 PM (view original):
totally serious - have you jumped around cherry picking jobs?  have you been a jerk to this guy or to others in that world or others?  you know better than anyone else.  If factual stuff like jumping around is true and if you have behaved an ill mannered way, that affects how one would assess his comments.  If he's inventing stories, it is different.  
I always try to go to the highest prestige team if qualified.  That is my phylosoply.  I try to play the sim as if I was a real D1 coach.  Some D1 coaches do the same thing I try to do .  I have always been hired for a job by the AD.  Jerk? I minded my own business when I took the Queens job and got hate comments by a coach. Who is the jerk?  I play the sim within the rules.  My recored as fredpaull (over 500 wins, around 200 losses and 2 National Titles) is not that special but I won't allow another coach to  tell me I am a terrible coach.  Who is ill mannered? And I am the jerk. 
3/14/2012 11:10 PM
"By the way, I taught for six years and from those six 5th grade classes I had seven D1 student athletes in my self-contained classes, including one who played in the Super Bowl for the St.Louis Cardinals. "  - FredPaull

It figures that he didn't recruit those players, either.
3/14/2012 11:12 PM
"The player is now with the Houston Texans and plays D end."

Well that makes it easy.
3/14/2012 11:14 PM
Posted by timhunter44 on 3/14/2012 11:07:00 PM (view original):
Two points:

1. I have watched college basketball for most of Lon Kruger's coaching career. Who calls him 'Lonnie'? I googled "Lonnie Kruger" and found an electrical manufacturer professional from Eugene, Oregon on Linkedin. Then I scrolled down and saw who calls him Lonnie are people on Oklahoma Sooners blogs.

2. When you cherry pick and win with someone else's team, then provide a play-by-play commentary of your team and how great your team is, follow that up with site mails where you flex your whatifsports hoop dynasty muscles during recruiting, call someone "a a hole", perhaps you may not want to cry on a simulation chat board that someone commited the mortal sin of making a derogatory comment about your coaching on a conference chat board. It just sounds a little sad.

Okay, three points:

3. As for you analogy of a real coach speaking poorly about another coach without any history of problems, run-ins, etc., are you the coach without the history of problems, run-ins, etc.?  If so, that sounds pretty funny since I just spent all of this time reading what you have written about and to others in just this season alone.
Thanks for the answer.  I take it you are in the boat it is ok to jump on another coach without reason ,unsolicited.  I don't know how old you are but Coach Kruger is called Lonnie here in Oklahoma.  On your point two, so? I have fun.  I have only responded to other coaches in a bad way (which I have have said I won't use profanity-the s word the initials m an f) on the boards again.  Their are coaches that I have gone against that use **** and ******* regularly, and by the way, have no problem with it.  Point three is the same as point two.  I have not started it with another coaches (and you will have my friend tell you otherwise-because I tried to save a fellow conf coach money) only responding to coaches who do not like the way I coach. They were disrespectful in their comments directed toward me.  I have been told to take the crap. Well, it seems like those coaches can't take the crap.  I have apologised.  I will not apologise for my the way I do move from team to team in the Sim. 
3/14/2012 11:26 PM
Posted by isack24 on 3/14/2012 11:14:00 PM (view original):
"The player is now with the Houston Texans and plays D end."

Well that makes it easy.
He's from Oklahoma City and attended Oklahoma St. His initials are AS.
3/14/2012 11:28 PM
I don't think that was sarcasm, dude.
3/14/2012 11:34 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...14 Next ▸
Random Thread (title was chanaged upon request) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.